Objects in IWD2...

the bigg

What is the IDS listing for IWD2?

WeiDU uses this for both the compiler and the compiler: EA GENERAL RACE SUBRACE CLASS SPECIFIC GENDER ALIGNMNT (in this order).

NI uses this for the compiler: EA GENERAL RACE SUBRACE SPECIFIC GENDER ALIGNMNT CLASS AVCLASS CLASSMSK (but in any relative order *).

and this for the decompiler (in this order):

EA GENERAL RACE SUBRACE SPECIFIC GENDER ALIGNMNT CLASS (OBJECT x 5) AVCLASS CLASSMSK

Can anyone confirm that IWD2 uses this stupid order (IE, object.ids in the middle of the rest of the numbers)? it'd take ages to fix the WeiDU \(de\)?compiler, so I really hope that Jon got this one wrong...

NI (from what I can gather without plunging head first in the compiler and studying it for a week) decides to handle them in whatever order they are given (E.G., MALE.ENEMY would result in the IDS value of MALE being written in the EA slot, the IDS value of ENEMY being written in the GENERAL slot, etc.).

What is the IDS listing for IWD2?

WeiDU uses this for both the compiler and the compiler: EA GENERAL RACE SUBRACE CLASS SPECIFIC GENDER ALIGNMNT (in this order).

NI uses this for the compiler: EA GENERAL RACE SUBRACE SPECIFIC GENDER ALIGNMNT CLASS AVCLASS CLASSMSK (but in any relative order *).

and this for the decompiler (in this order):

EA GENERAL RACE SUBRACE SPECIFIC GENDER ALIGNMNT CLASS (OBJECT x 5) AVCLASS CLASSMSK

Can anyone confirm that IWD2 uses this stupid order (IE, object.ids in the middle of the rest of the numbers)? it'd take ages to fix the WeiDU \(de\)?compiler, so I really hope that Jon got this one wrong...

NI (from what I can gather without plunging head first in the compiler and studying it for a week) decides to handle them in whatever order they are given (E.G., MALE.ENEMY would result in the IDS value of MALE being written in the EA slot, the IDS value of ENEMY being written in the GENERAL slot, etc.).

This is what I have from one of the devs

-Briareus

For IwD2, it's:

code:

[EA.General.Race.SubRace.Class.Kit.Specifics.(Instance).(SpecialCase).ClassMask]

I know Avenger asked a few questions in thread that I copied the above from, so he may have further insights.

The order is.

ea general race subrace specific gender alignmnt class avclass classmsk

avclass and classmsk are 'extra' parameters separated from the rest by the 2 object strings.

I believe NI is 'almost' correct.

There are no 5 objects, though.

Ah, right, sorry. there is only one object string in the object!

Here is an object from the .bcs:

OB
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 [-1.-1.-1.-1] "" 0 0 OB

The numbers in the [] are a rectangle (which existed in PST and IWD1 too).

At least, I think they restrict the object location to a rectangle in the area.

But usually (99.99% of the objects) there are only -1's which mean the whole area.

And there are the usual 5 object filters in there too (the 5 numbers right before the rectangle). The 2 extra values are avclass and classmsk. (i think).

So, if we count only the regular integers (not the rectangle and the object name, NI is 100% correct).

If anyone knows better, please tell me too, GemRB depends on this too :)

Archived