Selfishness Test in Hell

kix

When one of my characters gets taken by the Demon of Selfishness, he stays 'Held' no matter what I do.

I've spent 3 days of the game clock waiting, used Remove Paralysis, Dispel Magic and Remove Magic [i even tried Stone to Flesh]; and he's still held.

I've reloaded, stripped him of his stuff. And he's still held, although the 'Held' icon on the portrait shifts position during different loads [TopLeft,TopRight,BottomRight irregardless of how many icons are currently on the portrait].

I've got SoA [without ToB], official patch, G3 Fixpack and Tweakpack. The odd thing was that this didn't happen before the patch, fixpack and tweakpack were installed. I play using 6 created characters without NPC's. With a Gateway500, 128MB RAM and Win98SE. Ribald's genie is the only mod I have installed.

Any ideas/solutions would be appreciated. I did a quick search of the forums and didn't find this prob listed.

Also, I'm new to the G3 forums - Are there forums for general discussion of BG-TotSC and SoA?

Thanks for listening

kix

Argh, definitely a bug. We've tightened up the spells a bit too much in this test--the hold can no longer be dispelled by the demon's spell. I've got this fixed locally for the next release.

If you have a save from before the trial (auto-save, hopefully), delete spin679.spl from your override folder and then replay the trial. If you don't, you'll need to remove the effect manually with Shadowkeeper. Go to the held character and go to the 'Affects' tab. Find the effect of type 0x00B9 and delete it.

Argh, definitely a bug. We've tightened up the spells a bit too much in this test--the hold can no longer be dispelled by the demon's spell. I've got this fixed locally for the next release.

If you have a save from before the trial (auto-save, hopefully), delete spin679.spl from your override folder and then replay the trial. If you don't, you'll need to remove the effect manually with Shadowkeeper. Go to the held character and go to the 'Affects' tab. Find the effect of type 0x00B9 and delete it.

I can't find anything which changes spin679.spl in my local copy, was it added recently?

Or perhaps it was in that "known spells listed with incorrect level/type" section, I think I removed all spin's from there.

Archived