Meeting Eirik

EiriktheScald

Which scenario appeals to you the most?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you don't know by now, Eirik is an NPC Skald being developed for BG1tutu. He left the Moonshaes, hoping to find a dear friend in Waterdeep :) That's where she was heading when last he saw her, but that was almost three years ago... and the trail has now grown cold. The PC will have to decide whether, or not, to help him in his desperate attempt to find her. I've chosen three possible starting locations/scenarios. They are: 1) The Coast Way (Area AR2800), on the north edge of the road leading to the FAI; fending off wolves; 2) The Friendly Arm Inn (Area AR2300), on the north edge; after you kill the second group of hobgoblins or 3) The Coast Way (Area AR2800), on the south edge, investigating the Decimated caravan.

I voted for:

1) The Coast Way (Area AR2800), on the north edge of the road leading to the FAI; fending off wolves

If the area in question is where I think it is, this location would allow him to join before the first assasination attempt (which would be of considerable use to players who don't want to pick up Xzar and Montaron just to survive that first battle).

- D

It looks like all three scenario "introductions" have been recieved in equal regard. I liked the first one because it gives the PC an option to pick up a good-aligned NPC before dealing with his/her first assassin. And, I thought it would be humorous having the party encounter Eirik right after the warning from Aoln about wolves.

Actually, Kulyok's idea makes alot of sense, so I'm seriously considering that as well.

It looks like all three scenario "introductions" have been recieved in equal regard. I liked the first one because it gives the PC an option to pick up a good-aligned NPC before dealing with his/her first assassin. And, I thought it would be humorous having the party encounter Eirik right after the warning from Aoln about wolves.

It doesn't really matter where he appears (as long as it's not in the labyrinth under Baldur's Gate :) ), and if that's what you want to do, go for it. Certainly having him be under attack would be an unusual, but interesting, way to introduce a character. It gives a kind of life to his appearance as well, he's not standing around in the same place for a long time while he's supposed to be searching for an old friend (at least not when you meet him).

I would assume so. You would just have to edit a wolf to have 1 hp save it as something unique (and don't forget to include it in the tp2). A wolf is just a creature, and you're already creating a creature as the NPC.

Don't forget about the AC, too. No good having a wolf with 1 hp if you can't hit it.

Archived