Weirdness in BG2-FIXpack_v1

Diana

Since it appears as if I downloaded this on 11/14 I think I'm using the current one.

1) Aerie-Quayle dialog - didn't get the standard "Uncle Quayle, you're okay" after the party killed off Kalah, Quayle is alive and Aerie is in party.

2) Didn't bring Maduf's offer to the mayor in Umar Hills until after Mazzy rescued. Not sure if it is a bug or not.

3) Edwin & Nether scroll. After Eddy's use of the scroll, he says the usual 'This is bad', but I use GB_MAGE.BS which has him cast armour/stone skin once a day. This interrupts his normal script and he remains 'unclickable' (blue circle) though in party. Not sure if this is related to the last release of Fixpack or not.

1) Aerie-Quayle dialog - didn't get the standard "Uncle Quayle, you're okay" after the party killed off Kalah, Quayle is alive and Aerie is in party.

This relies on an IfValid trigger, so it's possible this is simple IVFPD flakiness.

2) Didn't bring Maduf's offer to the mayor in Umar Hills until after Mazzy rescued. Not sure if it is a bug or not.

I'm not sure I follow here--you didn't bring the offer to Madulf, or the mayor didn't?

3) Edwin & Nether scroll. After Eddy's use of the scroll, he says the usual 'This is bad', but I use GB_MAGE.BS which has him cast armour/stone skin once a day. This interrupts his normal script and he remains 'unclickable' (blue circle) though in party. Not sure if this is related to the last release of Fixpack or not.

We haven't changed anything here except to remove the spurious save check on a sound that plays. Did it appear that Edwin tried to initiate dialogue at all?

The dialogues are supposed to follow one after another, but the triggers are slightly different--the followup dialogue checks on being able to see Player1, whereas the first one only checks if he can see any party member. There is also a slight Wait(2) between Edwin setting the variable and starting dialogue, so it is possible to interrupt it. Did he fire spells after the 'this is bad' comment?

Madulf Problem - I just never went back to the Mayor to tell him about Madulf's offer before I rescued Mazzy. She was in the party when I returned so I guess it was too late by then. However the game plays normally except you don't get the shield. If you have Multiple Strongholds installed you still get all the Umar Hills quests (Ogron, Lord Tombelthon(sp?), Umar witch, etc).

Edwin's tranformation 'unclickability' - I think this is directly related to the timing of ye ancient BG-Mage.bs script. Mages cast stoneskin/armour once a day and it went off even though Edwin had just transformed and was unselectable, so probably not bug related, just bad timing because this GB-Mage.bs is still running. Probably interrupted edwin.bcs somehow. Did a reload, timing altered slightly and no problem so definitely GB-Mage.bs timing related.

Madulf Problem - I just never went back to the Mayor to tell him about Madulf's offer before I rescued Mazzy. She was in the party when I returned so I guess it was too late by then. However the game plays normally except you don't get the shield. If you have Multiple Strongholds installed you still get all the Umar Hills quests (Ogron, Lord Tombelthon(sp?), Umar witch, etc).

Yeah, I've encountered this in an unmodded/unFixpacked game as well. I'm not sure there's really anything to fix here--if you don't follow up on Madulf's request, you probably shouldn't get the reward for its completion. ;)

This is TOB related. I haven't played TOB much but I'm beta testing a mod these days which uses these areas.

RE: Yaga Shura's Lair in the Marching Mountains. Got my people doing whatever to get the various wardstones. Just noticed now - these flaming skull things - like I said - played TOB once or twide - but the flaming effects (Aganazor's scorcher?) from the floating skull heads lasts even if I transition back to the Pocket Plane. Never happened before.

RE: Yaga Shura's Lair in the Marching Mountains. Got my people doing whatever to get the various wardstones. Just noticed now - these flaming skull things - like I said - played TOB once or twide - but the flaming effects (Aganazor's scorcher?) from the floating skull heads lasts even if I transition back to the Pocket Plane. Never happened before.

This is part of the Scorcher projectile--it sticks around for two rounds no matter what.

Another weirdness - in the militia headquarters in Saradush - I've got multiple spawns of one of the militia guards - never saw THAT happen before - kinda like the Delon/Brus bugs in SOA.

I'm not seeing anything here that would cause this. The ar5015 script spawns all of the creatures in the area with a one-time variable. The master Saradush script constantly re-spawns the fighting guards and giants as they die, but they should only be appearing outside in Saradush.

Archived