BG1 Slime Quest Version 1.7 Released

jastey

BG1 Slime Quest version 1.7 is released.

Direct link (hopefully working without banning warnings for everyone):

http://mods.rosenranken.de/BG1_SlimeQuest_v1_7.zip

In this version, the journal entries are supported correctly for the Tutu-version, and an ambient error (introduced by my crappy WeiDU-coding) in the AR3344 is corrected.

Big thanks to Weigo and Miloch for debugging!

The BG1 Slime Quest is a mini-mod for BG1, BG1+TotSC, BG1Tutu and BGT, adding approx. 10 min of gameplay. It was originally a submission for the Black Wyrm Forums Modding Contest, although it was heavily revised in the meantime, and a Polish, Russian, Italian, and Spanish translation was added (in addition to the English and German one).

The mod adds a quest located in Beregost. If you pass one of the houses in the north-west, a woman dressed in red should approach you. There are some strange things going on in the house of her neighbour and she wants your help...

[Could this be turned into an Infinity Engine Modding News so I don't have to post it in all the IE-forums by hand that would be great!]

I get the following message when I go to this link:
Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten!

Gast, Sie sind aus diesem Forum verbannt!

Grund: Spam

Which I gather means something like I'm banned from the forum for spam. Kind of absurd being as how I've only visited that site once before and got the same message then. Can you host it somewhere else perhaps?
[Could this be turned into an Infinity Engine Modding News so I don't have to post it in all the IE-forums by hand that would be great!]
Yes, that would be good (I think Cam needs to set you up for this or something).

[P.S.: Do you know where Harden Cooner's Tutu Add-On mod is by any chance? The other time I visited rosenranken was to look for it but as I said, I got that message. ;)]

Damn, I have to ask the admin what this means. I am pretty sure you are not banned because of spamming; did you have an account at rosenranken (then it most probably would be your email provider that got banned in general).

If guests get this message I would be highly confused. EDIT: I should read properly, it sais guest. I will talk to the admin.

Remember, the same thing happened to me. It had something to do with the domain of my Internet Service Provider having been used as a spam sender, although not necessarily my account.

In the defense of Rosenranken.de, I do not know if this was the decision of the site admins. I was forced to switch internet providers because the one I had previously been using was blocking 99.9% of all email coming to me from legitimate sources as spam, no matter what settings I used. Is it possible that the host provider of the forum has the same policies?

It had something to do with the domain of my Internet Service Provider having been used as a spam sender, although not necessarily my account... I was forced to switch internet providers because the one I had previously been using was blocking 99.9% of all email coming to me from legitimate sources as spam, no matter what settings I used.
My German isn't that great, but I'm reading the message as:
Guest, you are banned from this forum!

Reason: Spam

As jastey said, this shouldn't be happening for guests. I have never had an account on rosenranken. Though I tried creating one to see if that would give me access and got the same message. I don't know why it would try tracing my ISP, which is an extremely large one and pretty much the only option for high-speed in this part of the country (though possibly the same one you had issues with, berelinde, from the sound of it).

Archived