Death fog and disintegrate vs cloak of mirroring

Guest Guest

I've got BG2 FixPack installed. The cloak of mirroring protects against death fog but it doesn't display the "Spell Ineffective" message as it otherwise does.

In the original version the cloak did not protect against death fog (another player tested this).

Has the fixpack made this change? It's not like a feel it's a bad change after all the cloak's description says "deflects all spell damage", I'm just curious.

But the cloak also protects against disintegrate and finger of death. Is that intentional? After all disintegrate is not a damage spell, and finger of death is somewhat in between?

Another one: If I have a party member cast globe of invulnerability and another party member casts dispel magic on him the globe is not dispelled and it'll display the "Spell Ineffective" message. However the globe does not protect against dispel magic; other spells affecting the target are removed, but the globe itself is unaffected. This is clearly against the manual's description.

In the original version the cloak did not protect against death fog (another player tested this).

Has the fixpack made this change? It's not like a feel it's a bad change after all the cloak's description says "deflects all spell damage", I'm just curious.

But the cloak also protects against disintegrate and finger of death. Is that intentional? After all disintegrate is not a damage spell, and finger of death is somewhat in between?

Cloak's protection against Death Fog is new to Fixpack, yes.

The other two spell protections are original to the Cloak, and happen because these two spells are considered "offensive damage" by the game.

Archived