Just friends?

Guest Guest

Hi!

I have a problem with the romance. The next talk with amber in my game is that one in which amber says thank you for try to rescue her. When I say to her that i want more than friendship she says she only wants a friend or something like that, my charisma and my intelligence are high enough. What could went wrong?

I assume that your PC is also male, because that's the other requirement besides the stats. Were your character's intelligence or charisma originally 12 or higher? If they were raised after you installed Amber you'll end up to the friendship path.

The reasons why the stats are checked before you've even met Amber in your game, are discussed in this thread.

Guest Calemyr
I assume that your PC is also male, because that's the other requirement besides the stats. Were your character's intelligence or charisma originally 12 or higher? If they were raised after you installed Amber you'll end up to the friendship path.

The reasons why the stats are checked before you've even met Amber in your game, are discussed in this thread.

It seems you also have an alignment requirement in there, too.

I'm having the same problem. My monk, Charname (Shar-nah-meh) has more than sufficient intelligence and charisma, since character creation. He breaks his way through the mad wizard's compound, find she escaped on her own, and all's happy-happy. He goes on with his adventures, and then suddenly she thanks him for helping her. Cool, she's actually being vaguely friendly. Nein. No matter what path I took she gently but firmly places him in the Just Friends category. After some experimenting I checked my alignment: despite all roleplay, he was apparently Lawful Neutral. I ShadowKeeped him into being LG, and for once she didn't cast "Just Friends" on him.

I can only assume it is necessary to be good aligned. Make sure that isn't what's tripping you up.

:p

I'm fairly positive that there's no alingment checks for the romance, not on the script level at least.

I'll have to check the dialogue options, though. There is a number of other things that affect your options in that talk (though I dont recall alignment as being one of them), maybe there's something out of place there.

Archived