humble suggestions for DR

Guest braden

For 12 hours, as long as she is not wearing armor, she gains a +2 bonus to her Armor Class.

I think it's impossible to do. :(

- Can cast 'Sword Song' ability once per day. It lasts 1 round per level of the caster and gives a bonus of +2 to hit and damage and +3 to all saving throws.

Wasn't it +3 to saves only against. spells? Because +3 to all sav throws could be too powerful, don't you think?

Strategist is really cool, but I don't think that these HLA's are necessary? Maybe something unique? Bastion (protects against mind spells etc.) mhm?

I think it's impossible to do. :p
Well, He will get the bonus to his base AC, which is I think possible. And on previous page is the way, how you can deal with the armor problem. Invisible creature would test the armor slot in the iventory and, if empty, cast the spell. In Faiths and Patheons, he gets this ability permanently (= no duration). So it could be better as a HLA.

Wasn't it +3 to saves only against. spells? Because +3 to all sav throws could be too powerful, don't you think?
It was against mind affecting spells. My mistake. If it's possible to implement it this way, then by all means. :(

Strategist is really cool, but I don't think that these HLA's are necessary? Maybe something unique? Bastion (protects against mind spells etc.) mhm?
Of course they are not necessary. Bastion sounds good, but I"m not sure about the protection against mind-affecting spells, although it sounds logical, that he would protect his mind (to secure his plans). The Holy Strategist has some feats for leading an army (DnD 3.5E) . Maybe he could get a really powerful party-boosting HLA... ;)

Btw in ADnD (=DnD 2e) Holy Strategists had access to wizard school of Divination. So in BG2 they would get infravison, identify (1st level); Detect Evil, Detect Invisibility, Know Alignment (2nd level); Clairvoyance, Detect Illusion (3rd Level); Farsight, Wizard Eye (4th level); Oracle (5th level) and True seeing (6th level).

But they can choose only one spell per level of mage's spellbook (for example identify -1, detect invisibility -2, detect illusion -3, wizard eye -4, Oracle -5, Truesight -6).

In BG2 they already have (as Clerics) Detect Evil (1st level), Know Alignment (2nd level), Farsight (4th level), True Seeing (5th level).

So they coul get just infravison or identify (1st level); Clairvoyance, Detect Illusion (3rd Level); Wizard Eye (4th level); Oracle (5th) is out of option because of stronger True seeing on the same level. None of these are really important. Because they can only choose one spell per level, I suggest infravision (seems like a more logical choice for Holy Strategist), Clairvoyance (Detect Illusion is just weaker True Seeing) and Wizard Eye.

With all of these changes the kit should be:

HOLY STRATEGIST OF RED KNIGHT: Holy Strategist is the name by which a cleric of the Red Knight is known, and it is an apt title indeed. By devoting themselves to mastering military tactics and strategy, these militant clerics hone their minds and bodies into deadliest weapon in Faerûn. So impressive is their reputation that armies outnumbering their foes three to one have been known to surrender upon learning that a Holy Strategist leads the oposing force.

Collectively, the cleric of the Red Knight are referred to as the Red Fellowship. Many members serve as high-ranking commanders in armies throughout Faerûn, often personally leading elite "special forces" units. Others who are not directly in the employ of the church serve as instructors at military academies or as quartermasters in charge of keeping the troops on the front line fed and supplied. If they the are not in a battle, Holy Strategists wear flowing robes of red accent with white.

Holy Strategists of Red Knight can only be of Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil alignments.

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Longsword - 'Checkmate' once per day

The Checkmate is the spiritual weapon of Holy Strategists, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The Checkmate is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.

- Can cast mage spells Infravision, Clairvoyance and Wizard Eye

- At 13th level, holy strategists can make two melee attacks per round.

- From level 7 can cast Haste once per day, as third level mage spell of the same name

- From level 9 can cast Defensive Harmony once per day, as fourth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 11 can cast Mass Cure once per day, as fifth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 14 can cast Mantle once per day, as seventh level mage spell of the same name

Sphere Access:

- Major access to the spheres of all, charm, combat, divination, guardian, healing, law, protection, war

- Minor access to the spheres of creation, necromantic, thought, travelers, wards

- No access to the spheres of animal, astral, chaos, elemental, numbers, plant, summoning, sun, time, weather

+ his special HLA (perhaps with remove fear, fear effects).
Well, He will get the bonus to his base AC, which is I think possible. And on previous page is the way, how you can deal with the armor problem. Invisible creature would test the armor slot in the iventory and, if empty, cast the spell. In Faiths and Patheons, he gets this ability permanently (= no duration). So it could be better as a HLA.

Thanks to my experiences with scripts I can tell you one thing - scripts just sucks :( I think this ability isn't strictly necessary - but of course if you want to...

Btw in ADnD (=DnD 2e) Holy Strategists had access to wizard school of Divination. So in BG2 they would get infravison, identify (1st level); Detect Evil, Detect Invisibility, Know Alignment (2nd level); Clairvoyance, Detect Illusion (3rd Level); Farsight, Wizard Eye (4th level); Oracle (5th level) and True seeing (6th level).

Will I become always-complaining-stupid-dwarf if I'll tell you that idea isn't fine. :]

Maybe he could get a really powerful party-boosting HLA...

With Oden (or Svietowid ;-) ) on our side!

Maybe +2 to thaco/damages, +2AC, +1 to saving throws and +5% immunity to all phisical damages. With immunity for all mind-affecting spells?

Thanks to my experiences with scripts I can tell you one thing - scripts just sucks ;) I think this ability isn't strictly necessary - but of course if you want to...
Unfortunately it is necessary. Without this ability, it would be just a simple Ranger. This makes him Sword Dancer.
Will I become always-complaining-stupid-dwarf if I'll tell you that idea isn't fine. :]
I will be happy for any reactions. Though I'd like to hear some arguments. Why it's not a good idea etc... ;-)

Btw I think, that neither Clairvoyance nor Wizard Eye is powerful spell.

With Oden (or Svietowid ;-) ) on our side!

Maybe +2 to thaco/damages, +2AC, +1 to saving throws and +5% immunity to all phisical damages. With immunity for all mind-affecting spells?

Immunity to mind affecting spells sounds good. The rest is quite usual, but what we can do... :(

P.S. Friend of mine (MCZ) will do the BAMs (holy symbol in the inventory and item desription), which is I think the hardest part of this kit (or at least longest). I will send them to creators of Divine Remix (when I will get them). Of course they have the last word, whether they want the kit in Divine Remix or not. ;-)

Btw I already have beta version of Holy Strategist. Of course the Kit is still using BAM files of other kits (symbol of Tempus but thx to Raz has its own spiritual weapon), but again with proper names and descriptions. :-) - Later I will send it to creators with proper BAMs. ;-)

Still missing: Additional HLA specially for Holy Strategist (something like Tactics, Frontal Attack, Fight till End etc.) an BAMs for Holy Symbol...

If somebody want to try Holy Strategist of Red Knight, than he is here: http://members.sigil.cz/jab/Divine_Remix.rar

Just extract the file in your BG 2 (or BG Tutu) directory (of course with Divine Remix installed) and run the setup of Divine Remix, he should be there. ;-)

I can nearly guarantee that it's bug-free. I was using Andyr's prefix, so it should be compatibile with other weidu mods.

Because I'm something like a "trained-monkey modder" point all your praises toward Andyr, CamDawg and NiGHTMARE.

He is still using BAMs of Tempus for Holy Symbol (but with proper description) done by CamDawg. I will have his own by the end of the week. - Edit: DONE (work of MCZ). ;-)

Btw thanks for help to Razfallow and Vlasák. ;-)

If somebody want to try Holy Strategist of Red Knight, than he is here: http://jab.sigil.cz/Divine_Remix.rar

Just extract the file in your BG 2 (or BG Tutu) directory (of course with Divine Remix installed) and run the setup of Divine Remix, he should be there. ;-)

I can nearly guarantee that it's bug-free. I was using Andyr's prefixe, so it should be compatibile with other weidu mods.

Because I'm something like a "trained-monkey modder" point all your praises toward Andyr, CamDawg and NiGHTMARE.

He is still using BAMs of Tempus for Holy Symbol (but with proper description) done by CamDawg. I will have his own by the end of the week.

Btw thanks for help to Razfallow and Vlasák. ;-)

Well, if you've gone to that much trouble, how could I not add this for v6? :)

Just thinking about Sunmaster of Amaunator kit to "celebrate" DnD 4e. Although this priest would have some issues with followers of Amaunator in the sewers below Athkatla. :laugh:

SUNMASTER OF AMAUNATOR: The Sunmasters are members of a sect within the church of Lathander who believe that the Morninglord is the living reincarnation of Amaunator, the long-vanished sun god who stood high in the ancient Netherese patheon. Sunmasters revere this ancient vision of Lathander as a deity of glory, light, and perfect order. Through their deeds and faith, they hope to demonstrate, that Lathander's ascent is nearly complete, and that Amaunator's long noontime reign is soon to begin.

The Sunmasters are more formally known as the Brotherhood of Glorious Sun, a recognized knightly and cleric order within Lathander's faith.

Sunmasters of Amaunator can only be of Lawful Good, Neutral Good, and Lawful Neutral alignments.

Abilities:

- Spiritual Weapon: Mace - 'Scepter of the Eternal Sun' once per day

The mace is the spiritual weapon of Sunmasters of Amaunator, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The mace is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.

- Has 1% fire resistance per level.

- Immune to all forms of Blindness.

- From level 7 can cast Flame Arrow once per day, as third level mage spell of the same name

- From level 9 can cast Sunfire once per day, as fifth level mage spell of the same name

- From level 11 can cast False Dawn once per day, as sixth level cleric spell of the same name

- From level 14 can cast Sunray once per day, as seventh level cleric spell of the same name

Sphere Access:

- Major access to the spheres of all, combat, divination, elemental fire, necromantic (restorative forms only), numbers, law, protection, sun, time

- Minor access to the spheres of elemental air, guardian, healing, wards, weather

- No access to the spheres of animal, astral, chaos, charm, creation, plant, summoning, thought, travelers, war

P.S. Used "Lost Empires of Faerûn" DnD 3.5

Edit 2: Sphere Access

Jab, Mike1072 has added the translation, and the Red Knight kit - we just need one more thing, the Polish translation of the new kit, and we can package it all up.

yarpen, can the Polish community post a translation of these lines, please?

/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////												  \\\\\
///// Holy Strategist of the Red Knight				\\\\\
/////												  \\\\\

@10700 =~Install Holy Strategist of the Red Knight Cleric Kit~
@10701 =~Holy Strategist of the Red Knight~
@10702 =~HOLY STRATEGIST OF THE RED KNIGHT: Holy Strategist is the name by which a cleric of the Red Knight is known, and it is an apt title indeed. By devoting themselves to mastering military tactics and strategy, these militant clerics hone their minds and bodies into the deadliest weapons in Faerun. So impressive is their reputation that armies outnumbering their foes three to one have been known to surrender upon learning that a Holy Strategist leads the opposing force.

Collectively, the clerics of the Red Knight are referred to as the Red Fellowship. Many members serve as high-ranking commanders in armies throughout Faerun, often personally leading elite "special forces" units. Others who are not directly in the employ of the church serve as instructors at military academies or as quartermasters in charge of keeping the troops on the front line fed and supplied. When they are not in battle, Holy Strategists wear flowing robes of red accented with white.

Holy Strategists of the Red Knight can only be of Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, and Lawful Evil alignments.

Abilities:
- Spiritual Weapon: Longsword - 'Checkmate' once per day
The Checkmate is the spiritual weapon of Holy Strategists, and is wielded as if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. The Checkmate is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.
- Can cast Infravision, Clairvoyance, and Wizard Eye as divine spells
- At 13th level, Holy Strategists can make two melee attacks per round
- From level 7 can cast Haste once per day, as third level mage spell of the same name
- From level 9 can cast Defensive Harmony once per day, as fourth level cleric spell of the same name
- From level 11 can cast Mass Cure once per day, as fifth level cleric spell of the same name
- From level 14 can cast Mantle once per day, as seventh level mage spell of the same name

Sphere Access:
- Major access to the spheres of all, charm, combat, divination, guardian, healing, law, protection, war
- Minor access to the spheres of necromantic, summoning, thought, travelers, wards
- No access to the spheres of animal, astral, chaos, creation, elemental, numbers, plant, sun, time, weather~
@10703 =~The Checkmate~
@10704 =~The Checkmate is a regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. The spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.~

@10710 =~Holy Symbol of the Red Knight~
@10711 =~The Red Knight rewards her most powerful servants with a Holy Symbol, a ring bearing her personal device of a red knight chess piece. When worn, the symbol empowers the Holy Strategist with the Red Knight's power.

STATISTICS:

Grants an additional 6th and 7th level spell.
  5% Magic Resistance while worn
  +1 to Strength while worn

Unusable By:
Clerics of chaotic alignment~
@10714 =~holy strategist of the Red Knight~ // using mixed case so text is made smaller and fits in chargen screen

Guest Midnight
As someone asked earlier, adding racial restrictions to some of the cleric kits would be a good idea, given the amount of kits in the mod and in future releases, for example an elf being a strifeleader of cyric, or a stormlord of talos, or a watcher of helm, etc, doesnt make any sense. I would actually like to see a lot more segregation for example: making several more elven kits for deities like sehanine moonbow, solonor thelandira, rillifane, etc; or dwarven kits for moradin, clangeddin, abbathor, dumathoin... etc. It seems to me that races like elves, dwarves, halflings, and gnomes worshipping human gods doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless it was something special or abnormal in their upbringing (like aerie worshipping baervan).

another idea is removing some of the weapon restrictions for different kits. for example, in D&D sourcebooks descriptions of these prestige kits, all clerics are not limited to blunt weapons, such as the feywarden being able to use ALL martial weapons (especially the longsword). perhaps there could be a tweak where the cleric is able to also use the favored weapon of their deity (scimitar for authlim, longsword for corellon).

one last idea i had was perhaps adding a small collection of deity-specific items in the games, such as amulets or cloaks or whatever, just some things to add a little more uniqueness to a kit.

anyway, that's my two-cents. i love the mod, lathander/helm/talos was a piss-poor selection of deities in unmodded BG2!

Guest Midnight
As someone asked earlier, adding racial restrictions to some of the cleric kits would be a good idea, given the amount of kits in the mod and in future releases, for example an elf being a strifeleader of cyric, or a stormlord of talos, or a watcher of helm, etc, doesnt make any sense. I would actually like to see a lot more segregation for example: making several more elven kits for deities like sehanine moonbow, solonor thelandira, rillifane, etc; or dwarven kits for moradin, clangeddin, abbathor, dumathoin... etc. It seems to me that races like elves, dwarves, halflings, and gnomes worshipping human gods doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless it was something special or abnormal in their upbringing (like aerie worshipping baervan).

another idea is removing some of the weapon restrictions for different kits. for example, in D&D sourcebooks descriptions of these prestige kits, all clerics are not limited to blunt weapons, such as the feywarden being able to use ALL martial weapons (especially the longsword). perhaps there could be a tweak where the cleric is able to also use the favored weapon of their deity (scimitar for authlim, longsword for corellon).

one last idea i had was perhaps adding a small collection of deity-specific items in the games, such as amulets or cloaks or whatever, just some things to add a little more uniqueness to a kit.

anyway, that's my two-cents. i love the mod, lathander/helm/talos was a piss-poor selection of deities in unmodded BG2!

Guest Midnight

Just a quick note-I love the divine remix concept; it follows very closely the old V2 D&D well, but I have one complaint insofar as BG2 is concerned. I tried out Viconia as a nightcloak, and while neat, she has NO healing at all for spells above lvl 3! thats insane. I know the kit is offensive based, but honestly if i need an offensive caster, ill snag edward or such; i recruit vicky for heals. I guess ill simply restart game and not have her kit activated, but I would -humbly- suggest that all kits have access to healing major, or they risk not getting in my group (at least the npc types). Thanks.

Archived