Any interest in a resource list?

berelinde

This weekend, I am preparing a list of resources (CRE, BCS, ITM, DLG) present in BG/SoA installs and those that are added in ToSC/ToB installs.

I am sure this information is stored somewhere, but I can't find it.

Is this information of interest to anyone?

If so, let me know, and I'll post a link to the results of my findings.

Which is all I needed. Now I feel like an idiot, but not as much as I would have had I actually finished the project before reading your post.

Thank you very much for saving me the time and trouble of doing it the long way. :p

No joy. Can't figure out how to work WeiDU. Trying to figure out how to do it, but coming up against a wall at the command line. I'm doing something wrong, but have no idea what. The documentation was written for someone with a far bigger clue than mine.

Edit: managed it on the 5th try. But the important thing is that I managed it.

it had to be in the form

weidu --list-files --out tosctob.txt --text

It's probably one of those things that should be obvious, but isn't.

I have no idea what all these files do, but that is not as important as the fact that I managed to do it at all. Now, to make sense of the list.

Thanks for the help!

OK, it worked. To a point. I now have a searchable text file that can be used to see if a particular BAM or WAV or what have you is in the CHITIN.key. It doesn't list the contents of the override. Which solves my immediate need, but not my long term one.

*sigh* back to the drawing board.

Maybe I'll just put the categorization of resources on a back burner for a while, like until after Gavin is done.

Sorry, Miloch, but I'm going to go back to writing dialog.

To list files in the override directory, you can just use:

start -> run -> cmd

cd\

cd <path to override directory, e.g. >cd Games\bg2\testfull\override)

dir /o /b >> overridelist.txt

Overridelist.txt will be created in the override directory (actually, the current directory, but if you've CD'd to override then that will be the current directory).

Thanks!

Man, I feel like such a dinosaur. I actually took a computer class, in like 1987, and tried to learn DOS. You can see what my memory retention was.

Edit: worked like a charm. Thanks much. Maybe that comprehensive list won't be as far off as all that, but it's still going to take a while.

When I have results, I'll post a link :p

Archived