Bug: Mass invisibility spell broken

Guest Guest

i looked forward to see mass invisibility be fixed, but to my disappointment saw that mass invisibility still doesnt provide -4 to AC, like the single(fixed) version of this spell does.

Thanks.

You should automatically get the bonus. We don't update the "fixed" Improved Invisibility to change the armor class, only to add the bonus to saving throws.

Note that the spell won't have any effect on somebody who's already under an Improved Invisibility spell (this is done so that the save bonuses aren't cumulative).

Invisibility should not provide bonus to AC, only Improved Invisibility.

Mass invisibility is Mass Improved Invisibility.

You should automatically get the bonus.

Thanks for response. but i havent understood, does the area improved invisibility spell add the bonus to armor or not, because the single version of this spell does chance the AC number.

We don't change the single version of the spell to grant an AC bonus; it already does. Mass Invisibility is coded the same way and should already give an armor class bonus.

Oh i see. Its my fault for not looking more closely, which i just did. Ok, i tested with two versions, a baldurdashed one and a fresh new install of bg2+tob, with latest patch, g3-fixpack, tactics, and ascension.

started a new game with a low dex sorcerer (AC10) and casted just a normal improved invisibility spell on me.

Baldurdash gave me -4 to saves and -4 to AC. ( and only -4 to saves with Mass.Inv)

baldurdashiint5.th.jpg

g3-fixpack gave me only -4 to saves in both cases

fixpackiijs3.th.jpg

Maybe, as i understood you, it gives the AC bonus but not displays it, in which case i dont understand why the baldurdashed version does display it.

Regularly, single ImpInv wasnt giving any AC bonus also, it was fixed by baldurdash. Confusing, i fear.

ok here are 2 screens from infexplorer. I dont know what all the nice "effects" mean, but its definitely is missing the "AC" property.

Baldurdash

baldurdashiikq1.th.jpg

G3-Fixpack

fixpackiibe0.th.jpg

I think it's a case where Baldurdash just made things worse. You *do* get the AC bonus when under the effects of Improved Invisibility (in the default game, even without any fixpacks or mods installed), but it isn't reflected on the character sheet. Characters automatically get a -4 to hit against improved invisible creatures; if it shows up in the character screen with Baldurdash, you're probably getting a +8 bonus to armor class (the +4 you can see coupled with the +4 you can't).

The only thing that was really missing from the base Improved Invisibility was the saving throw bonuses; these already existed in the Mass Invisibility spell (in the default game), and we should only be patching it so that the effects aren't cumulative.

EDIT: Looking at your screenshots, this is a Baldurdash problem. It's actually giving you an extra +4 bonus to AC (for a total of 8).

You *do* get the AC bonus when under the effects of Improved Invisibility, but it isn't reflected on the character sheet.

Looking at your screenshots, this is a Baldurdash problem. It's actually giving you an extra +4 bonus to AC (for a total of 8).

That clears it up, thank you for your help and time. I was just about to implement the "missing" AC bonus, heh. :S

Archived