Drizzt in area according to detect evil, but nowhere to be seen

Guest Slayer of Cliffracers

now *that* is interesting! Hmmm...

Timer initiation =

IF ~~ X#DQDZ24
 SAY @33
 IF ~~ DO ~SetGlobalTimer("X#DztSearch","GLOBAL",ONE_DAY) etc.

Timer suspension =

GlobalTimerExpired("X#DztSearch","GLOBAL")

so it should indeed be running, well, "GLOBAL"-ly...

I wonder if there is a problem with the area script not running when you come back, and how to fix that?

This has to be an occasional area script thing, because my personal playtest was to leave the area and visit FAI, then come back, which basically gave me the two days (actually, the secret is that he should do it after ONE_DAY reghardless; I never actually put the different timings for different quests into actual practice). I wonder if I moved the timer from dialogue to Dynaheir's script, if it would help. Or perhaps move it to a new block in the area script?

cmorgan, I'm hitting same problem in my BGT playthrough.

The timer gets set alright and everything works as it should except Activate("Drizzt") doesn't seem to give the desired result. All other actions in the same block fire normally (I checked by adding DisplayString(Player1,...) to this block).

Strange, but adding a Wait() action solves this problem, for me at least:

IF
GlobalTimerExpired("X#DztSearch","GLOBAL")
Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",5)
Global("X#DrzztReappears","AR3100",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100		
	Wait(10)
	Activate("drizzt")
	ActionOverride("drizzt",MoveToObjectNoInterrupt(Player1))
	ActionOverride("drizzt",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
	SetGlobal("X#DrzztReappears","AR3100",1)
END

with this, Drizzt activates and behaves as intended.

I will do the same, and playtest - thank you very much for the potential fix! I thought Wait(X) suspended operation of all scripts, but perhaps it lets other processes run? I have on tap for this vacation a full personal playtest (after I finish getting your hard work, pro5, integrated into both sides of the mod and including a holiday present from Kulyok and the Reputation Modification component :D ). I am most of the way through another round of code cleanup using the InParty/InMyArea/!StateCheck trio as a replacement for IVFPD and InParty (plus tons of cosmetic work and moving the SetGlobal operations before the LeaveParty operations).

I have more evidence now, that the problem is caused by leaving the area.

If you don't leave the area, the Drizzt will arrive in 48 hours. However if you leave the area, then Drizzt will never, ever turn up.

The timer doesn't work universally, it requires the party to remain in the area. I now have evidence that this is the case.

The problem has not been reported before I think, beacause testers would tend just to sleep 7 times in a row.

I will take a look and see if pro5's fix applies in this case.

I have the single problematic save file called Test (Test is what I call backup and experimental saves). svowles at comcast dot net, is what exactly as an E-Mail address?
The 'bots on the net grab email addresses as formatted, so we write them out longhand. Replace "dot" with a . and "at" with an @ and you will have solved the puzzle!

I have more evidence now, that the problem is caused by leaving the area.

If you don't leave the area, the Drizzt will arrive in 48 hours. However if you leave the area, then Drizzt will never, ever turn up.

The timer doesn't work universally, it requires the party to remain in the area. I now have evidence that this is the case.

The problem has not been reported before I think, beacause testers would tend just to sleep 7 times in a row.

I will take a look and see if pro5's fix applies in this case.

I have the single problematic save file called Test (Test is what I call backup and experimental saves). svowles at comcast dot net, is what exactly as an E-Mail address?
The 'bots on the net grab email addresses as formatted, so we write them out longhand. Replace "dot" with a . and "at" with an @ and you will have solved the puzzle!

I have sent the compressed save file. Tell me if it got there successfully.

Archived