More Dialog goodness

EiriktheScald

<MANWOMAN> returns the noun for the person Eirik is speaking to. <PRO_MANWOMAN> returns the noun for the protagonist, which may or may not be the person Eirik is speaking to. Keep in mind that there is nothing that says that the PC has to be in slot 1. When you initiate dialogue with the entire group selected, the person in slot 1 is the person who initiates dialogue.

Check this out when you get a chance:

http://tolkienacrossthewater.com/Eirik.html

<MANWOMAN> returns the noun for the person Eirik is speaking to. <PRO_MANWOMAN> returns the noun for the protagonist, which may or may not be the person Eirik is speaking to. Keep in mind that there is nothing that says that the PC has to be in slot 1. When you initiate dialogue with the entire group selected, the person in slot 1 is the person who initiates dialogue.

I learned very quickly not to keep my character in the first slot. It seemed to me some of the beasties specifically targeted whoever was in that slot.

Check this out when you get a chance:

http://tolkienacrossthewater.com/Eirik.html

Hey, cool page! The saga continues...

If you want, send me the info to put under the appropriate headings, and I think the stats are wrong (I couldn't remember, so I made them up). I threw it together in about an hour, including hunting for a decent background and the bronze brooch. The only way to get custom fonts on any browser regardless of installed fonts is to type them onto a canvas in Fireworks, or some other graphic program and then save them in jpg or gif format. That's what makes the white edges around the letters. To get rid of them, I'd have to do some fiddling, but it's possible by changing the background color to something close to the webpage background and then trimming.

'With oar-steed the foemen facing

My bird of bane hath followed:

Many an arrow hath sounded

The swift Northlanders' barrage.

Raged wrothfully our battle,

Ran warrior o'er foe's sea-wood;

Set many a pirate the wolf's-food

Slain on the ship deck.'

About the poem: It tells of a battle at sea against Nelanther pirates. Historically, (Viking) sea-battles were rare, and even then were fought close to shore. Ships were roped together in lines to face an enemy fleet. Showers of arrows and missiles were exchanged, then each side resorted to hand-to-hand fighting as they attempted to board their opponents' ships. The warriors in the prow were specially selected for this task. The aim was not to destroy enemy craft, but to capture them if possible, as they represented a considerable investment in time, resources and labour.

Archived