Succesfully installed... do I have to start a new game?

Guest pylau

I recently started playing BG1 using TuTu, and I'm now at the friendly arm inn. I was wondering, do I have to start a new game of BG to get the benefits of the NPC project, or can I continue my game fine?

Well, you might be able to install and proceed, but you will be missing out on a good deal of things in the first few areas/interactions. My suggestion is to take the opportunity to start over. There is a rumor that there may also be an opportunity early this weekend for a new EasyTutu update as well...

Well, you might be able to install and proceed, but you will be missing out on a good deal of things in the first few areas/interactions. My suggestion is to take the opportunity to start over. There is a rumor that there may also be an opportunity early this weekend for a new EasyTutu update as well...

I'd only miss in the interactions that happen in the first area, as well as the wilderness area where gorion is killed, right? Nothing that happen after that will be affected?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but there *should* be only small oddities problem with installing the mod that early. There will be major funkiness with the wilderness area and burying Gorion's body, and certainly I do not suggest missing the opening content with Imoen. If you have let Montaron etc join, start over; if you have let Jaheira and Khalid join, definitely start over - I don't know how a late install will mess with Imoen's dialogue, but I assume the materials tied to the wilderness area and Gorion's body area will simply fire the first time you enter those areas. If you avoided contact, I think you may be ok.

Archived