BG1 with Tutu

sirthaddeus

I haven't played BG1 in years. I have been following the progress of NPC project for a while now and will soon be installing BG1 on my comp to start playing again.

I want to maximize my exp. with BG1 and Tutu.

The list below is the mods i plan to install:

BG1 NPC Project v12

Mur'Neth

Song and Silence

Sword Coast Stratagems

Herbs and Potions

Grey Clan 1

Bg1 Gui

Sirine's Call

Indira NPC

Tutu Tweak Pack

Secret of Bone Hill

Ashes of Embers

Divine Remix

Are there any issues with any of the mods with each other?

Are all the mods stable?

Any known bugs with any of the mods listed?

In which order should the mods be installed?

Should I use EasyTutu or original BG1Tutu?

Are any of the hotfixes for NPC project worth using?

Is BG1UB compatible with Tutu yet?

Is DSotSC/NTotSC Tutu compatible?

I play as a theif, any other mods for Tutu that will make my game more exciting and enjoyable?

Any other BG1(Tutu) mods I maybe missing that can enhance my gaming exp. or anyone suggest?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make my replay of BG1 the bomb!

Thanks in advance!

I'd like to direct your attention to this thread. It goes over a lot of Tutu installation issues.

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=8122

I think you will find your game is a lot better than you remember.

AFAIK, there is not yet a publicly released Tutu-compatible UB for BG1, but I know that it is planned soon. Here is a link to the thread so you can check the progress.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,23391.0.html

Enjoy!

Are there any issues with any of the mods with each other?

Are all the mods stable?

Any known bugs with any of the mods listed?

Sirine's Call has an issue with BG1 NPC, but there is a CLUA workaround (I forget what this is offhand - maybe someone can post it here). Secret of Bone Hill has an issue with Tutu inasmuch as it requires BGT-BP Worldmap 6.3 which is not currently Tutu-compatible. In theory, it should work if you can CLUA into the Bonehill areas (I'm not sure about this, have been asking on its forum without getting much response). SCS should have an update soon fixing some minor issues. If you install it now, you might want to verify your CPU is fast enough to handle the current Smarter Mages component or get DavidW's fix. The others should be good (except you want TutuGUI and BG2 Tweaks instead of BG1 GUI and Tutu Tweaks).
Should I use EasyTutu or original BG1Tutu?
EasyTutu, unless you need a non-English game.
Are any of the hotfixes for NPC project worth using?
Someone like cmorgan will have to answer this - I'm wondering as to that myself.
Is DSotSC/NTotSC Tutu compatible?
No. There is an alpha conversion of the first, but it is mainly theoretical at this point (see the SHS forum for other issues with the mod).
I play as a theif, any other mods for Tutu that will make my game more exciting and enjoyable?
Unfortunately my Thievery mod is still in alpha. :D
Any other BG1(Tutu) mods I maybe missing that can enhance my gaming exp. or anyone suggest?
The list berelinde linked is comprehensive - in particular you might add Slime Quest and Finch to your list.

There will be a new SCS version as soon as Cam has a chance to process it - I've sent it to him but it's a busy time of year for lots of people. But it won't mind being reinstalled in mid-game. SCS usually likes being installed pretty late (probably before the Tweak Pack and Divine Remix but after everything else).

Instead of hotfixes, sirthaddeus, PM me when you are ready to start installation and I will send you a link for an updated test version. It should be strong and stable on EasyTutu, and if I can get the time to put some materials together should be available within a few days.

or, if you like, I can .rar up a version with only the hotfixes and you could use that!

Miloch:

Using TutuGUI and BG2 Tweaks; will this give the game interface the same look and feel as BG1?

On your theif mod; I love the ideas you present there, esp. with the blackjack, disguise, and lockpick ideas. I have recently played around with some item creation and still learning.

Keep up the good work!

Also do you use an instant messenger that perhaps we could chat sometime?

cmorgan:

I will definately let you know when I start my installation. Do you also have an instant messenger that you use?

Thanks again for all the help.

Using TutuGUI and BG2 Tweaks; will this give the game interface the same look and feel as BG1?
TutuGUI will give it the look - some components of Tweaks will give it the feel (you can restore BG1-style proficiencies for example). You might also consider some of the graphical mods like Improved BAMs, Moinesse's Avatars and One Pixel Productions which aim to restore some of the graphical quality some think BG1 had over BG2.
On your theif mod; I love the ideas you present there, esp. with the blackjack, disguise, and lockpick ideas. I have recently played around with some item creation and still learning. Keep up the good work!
Thanks... I'm working on a couple other mod conversions for Tutu but plan to pick this up again after the holidays. :D
Also do you use an instant messenger that perhaps we could chat sometime?
Actually I dropped the ones I used to use but am trying to set up a chat server - will PM you when that happens. The best place to get me when I'm around is telnet://farseek.com:4550 (an old-school text-based MUD I'm hosting for its creator; my charname=Aloysius).

Speaking of chat though, does anyone know if the IE modding IRC is still active and where? Think I read about it on PPG or something but never checked it out.

thanks for all the help guys, here is my list so far:

BG1 NPC Project v12

Mur'Neth

Song and Silence

Herbs and Potions

Grey Clan 1

EasyTutu

TutuGUI

Indira NPC

BG2 Tweaks

Ashes of Embers

Divine Remix

Improved BAMs

Moinesse's Avatars

One Pixel Productions

Slime Quest

If you install it now, you might want to verify your CPU is fast enough to handle the current Smarter Mages component or get DavidW's fix

With SCS, installing it and installing davidw's fix should make it compatible with the other mods listed above? Has the updates been made as of yet?

Are there any updates or patches for Sirine's Call to be compatible with BG1NPC?

One last thing, any news on BG1 Unfinished Business being Tutu compatible?

Also I'd like to talk to you more in detail of your thievery mod you are working on, perhaps we can trade emails?

Thanks again!

With SCS, installing it and installing davidw's fix should make it compatible with the other mods listed above? Has the updates been made as of yet?
I'm not sure... DavidW said he gave it to CamDawg before the holidays but I haven't checked if it's been uploaded yet. In any case, you should be able to patch it manually from the fixes on the SCS forum.
Are there any updates or patches for Sirine's Call to be compatible with BG1NPC?
Not that I know of - cmorgan should be able to give a progress report on that. You can install them both and there is a CLUA workaround - should be able to find it by grepping the forum (unfortunately my slow dialup connection at the moment prevents me from trying to find it). Or I think berelinde knows what it is.
Also I'd like to talk to you more in detail of your thievery mod you are working on, perhaps we can trade emails?
I'll send you a PM. :D

To get Sirene's call to work with BG1 NPC Project, Install Sirene's Call first, then BG1 NPC Project.

Play as normal. When you get to the part where you are telling Ardrouine that the worgs are dead, wait for all the NPCs to finish interjecting, and then type the following into the CLUAConsole

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("J#ArdTalk","GLOBAL",1)

Go back to playing as normal.

Archived