Having an issue with NPCs Rejoining the Party

Guest Ahriman

Guest Ahriman

Hey guys. Like a lot of people, I thought NWN2 was pretty good, but lacked the life and vibrance of the BG's. So now, I'm going through them all again, having recently bought the expansions at long last, and decided to go with BGT over Tutu. I did the mega-installation, including G3's -damn- fine BG1 NPC project.

I'm not sure whether this particular mod would be the cause, but I'm having a problem now when I reform the party. I thought it was a little odd when I removed someone and they didnt run up to me and whine, but thought nothing of it. When I try to go back later to ask the removed NPC to rejoin, I instead get the player-initiated dialogue with no option to invite them back. It's as if they dont know they've been removed at all.

Figuring the player-initiated dialogues were the problem, I uninstalled that component. Now, however, the removed NPC gives me the class 'has nothing to say to you.' So at this point Ive reinstalled P.I.D.'s as it doesnt seem to be the problem.

Is this a known issue? Did I miss something maybe? Or, failing those two, is there a starting point from which I might be able to fix it myself, given that I already know a good deal about modding on other games? Thanks.

Can you post your WEIDU.LOG please.

Sure thing, I'm in the middle of trying one thing and if it doesnt work Ill post that. I remembered that I originally had SCS installed and checked the readme... sure enough it includes some features for npcs leaving the party.

I removed SCS a little after I started, finding it made things too difficult. Maybe not in BG2, but as a group of 4 level 1-2 characters starting out in BG1, I was getting pretty frustrated at facing parties of 5th+ level bounty hunters spamming hold person at me around nashkel. Anyway, when I uninstalled it, I left some components installed. Im removing those now and re-installing BG1 NPC Project as Im guessing that's the conflict.

Guest Ahriman

Done and done, and fixed. My own fault as I wouldve guessed, seeing no similar complaints posted in the forums.

Thanks for your quick response Pro5, and to all responsible: again, -damn- fine and much needed mod you made here.

Were you using SCS-BGT of version 4.1 or lower? I think it may be one of the issues we fixed for version 4.2. "NoAction()" in one of the blocks was preventing NPCs from starting kick-out dialogue (only if "better shouts" were installed without "general AI").

Yep, those assasins are tough to beat at the start of the game (know by myself). :D

It gets much easier aftewards when you gain some more xp and have some choice of tactics to use.

Archived