Inventory item icon assignment bug

Guest Joakim

iconbug.jpg

I've found a problem that replaces inventory item icon assignment between 'longbow' and 'compositebow'.

I supposed that's because of MODs interaction, so I removed every MODs except 'Fixpack Core Fix', but it still remained.

The problem is like the screenshot.

And I have another question.

I have a problem when the enemy priest casts chant to his party, my party also gains its beneficial effect. I've read the article below, but I don't know how to put in that code to fixpack's tp2 file. How can I fix it?

And last question.

I've read web2air posted article that Anomen gains druid's spell fireseed and I fixed it by CamDawg's code. But I'm curious about Anomen's spellbook when he passed Knighthood test. If he passes Knighthood test, he can get helm kit's special bonus? I believe that the Fixpack Core Fix contains NPC Kitpack's component 'Anomen will gain the Priest of Helm kit on passing his knighthood test' and Ghrey's Holy Symbol Fix contains Kitpack's component 'Chaotic Neutral Anomen will not get a Holy Symbol'. Isn't it?

Keep great working!

I supposed that's because of MODs interaction, so I removed every MODs except 'Fixpack Core Fix', but it still remained.
Cam was a bit overeager when fixing up the bow icons. The resources are incorrectly named, which makes it seem like the generic long bow should have the composite bow graphics. It should be resolved in the next release, I hope.

I've read web2air posted article that Anomen gains druid's spell fireseed and I fixed it by CamDawg's code. But I'm curious about Anomen's spellbook when he passed Knighthood test. If he passes Knighthood test, he can get helm kit's special bonus? I believe that the Fixpack Core Fix contains NPC Kitpack's component 'Anomen will gain the Priest of Helm kit on passing his knighthood test' and Ghrey's Holy Symbol Fix contains Kitpack's component 'Chaotic Neutral Anomen will not get a Holy Symbol'. Isn't it?
The holy symbol stuff is an optional component and should prevent Anomen from ever getting the holy symbol of Lathander. I don't think it prevents him from getting the symbol of Helm if he's chaotic neutral, however.

I don't think we make any changes to Anomen's kit when he becomes a knight, and it most certainly would not be part of the core fixes.

So, how could I fix 'chant' problem by this Nythrun's code and his attached file?

COPY_EXISTING ~sppr203.spl~  ~override~
 PATCH_IF (%SOURCE_SIZE%>0x71)							   BEGIN
READ_LONG	0x64 "ho"									// extended header offset
READ_SHORT   0x68 "hc"									// extended header count
READ_LONG	0x6a "eo"									// feature table offset
FOR ("i1"=0; "%i1%"<"%hc%"; "i1"+=1)					  BEGIN
  WRITE_BYTE	("%ho%"+(0x28*"%i1%")+0x0c) 0x05		  // target self
  WRITE_SHORT   ("%ho%"+(0x28*"%i1%")+0x0e) 0x00		  // range
  READ_SHORT	("%ho%"+(0x28*"%i1%")+0x1e) "ec"		  // effects for header i+1
  READ_SHORT	("%ho%"+(0x28*"%i1%")+0x20) "ei"		  // effect index for header i+1
  WRITE_SHORT   ("%ho%"+(0x28*"%i1%")+0x26) 0x01		  // projectile: none
  DELETE_BYTES  ("%eo%"+(0x30*"%ei%")+0x00) (0x30*"%ec%") // remove existing effects
  INSERT_BYTES  ("%eo%"+(0x30*"%ei%")+0x00) 0x60		  // add two new effects
  WRITE_ASCII   ("%eo%"+(0x30*"%ei%")+0x14) ~sppr203d~ #8 // positive chant
  WRITE_ASCII   ("%eo%"+(0x30*"%ei%")+0x44) ~sppr203e~ #8 // negative chant
  FOR ("i2"=0; "%i2%"<2; "i2"+=1)						 BEGIN
	WRITE_SHORT ("%eo%"+(0x30*("%ei%"+"%i2%"))+0x00) 0x92 // cast spell
	WRITE_BYTE  ("%eo%"+(0x30*("%ei%"+"%i2%"))+0x02) 0x01 // target self
	WRITE_BYTE  ("%eo%"+(0x30*("%ei%"+"%i2%"))+0x03) 0x00 // power
	WRITE_LONG  ("%eo%"+(0x30*("%ei%"+"%i2%"))+0x04) 0x00 // casting level
	WRITE_LONG  ("%eo%"+(0x30*("%ei%"+"%i2%"))+0x08) 0x01 // cast instantly
	WRITE_BYTE  ("%eo%"+(0x30*("%ei%"+"%i2%"))+0x0c) 0x01 // instant/permanent
	WRITE_BYTE  ("%eo%"+(0x30*("%ei%"+"%i2%"))+0x0d) 0x00 // resistability
	WRITE_BYTE  ("%eo%"+(0x30*("%ei%"+"%i2%"))+0x12) 0x64 // min prob 100%
  END													 // FOR i2 effect fleshing
  WRITE_SHORT   ("%ho%"+(0x28*"%i1%")+0x1e) 0x02		  // effects for header i+1
  FOR ("i3"="%i1%"; "%i3%"<"%hc%"; "i3"+=1)			   BEGIN
	READ_SHORT  ("%ho%"+(0x28*"%i3%")+0x20) "ix"		  // search later header indices
	PATCH_IF ("%ix%">0)							  THEN BEGIN
	  WRITE_SHORT ("%ho%"+(0x28*"%l%")+0x20) (("%ix%"-"%ec%")+0x02)
	END												   // PATCH_IF
  END													 // FOR i3; rewriting ability effect indices
END													   // FOR i1
 END														 // PATCH_IF filesize check
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES										// COPY_EXISTING

And if fixpack's any component doesn't contain Kitpack's Anomen part, Ghrey's Holy Symbol fix and Kitpack's Anomen components would be compatible? I love both stuff!

I prefer BG2 Fixpack rather than BaldurDash 1.5 because BD has more script problem with BP v177(like assasins cannot attack his opponent in I's dungeon). So I hope to see next release of your great stuff.

If you're very eager to fix chant yourself, you can try deleting current SPPR203.SPL from your override; then put the code you posted in a new TP2 file and install it as a separate mod.

About bow icons:

Longbow is BOW03.ITM and by default has IBOW01.BAM icon.

Composite Longbow is BOW01.ITM and by default has IBOW03.BAM icon.

The Fixpack swaps their icons to correspond their filenames:

// fixes swapped icons
COPY_EXISTING ~bow01.itm~ ~override~
		  ~bow03.itm~ ~override~
 WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x3a ~i%SOURCE_RES%~ #8
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

I'm no medieval weapon expert, but for some reason IBOW01 looks more "composite" to me. :D This is, of course, very subjective.

Yup, I already had done, and Chant worked to the opponent party or my party correctly, but this coudn't give any penalty to mine or them.

I think sppr203d.spl and sppr203e.spl that are attached by Nythrun works something, but I don't know how to use. Moreover, fixed sppr203.spl's file size is just around 250bytes. Other spells over 1 KB.

How do I do?

I think sppr203d.spl and sppr203e.spl that are attached by Nythrun works something, but I don't know how to use.

Right, you need to have them in override too. Note that the chant penalties don't display any portrait icon, but the "colorglow pulse" effect should indicate that creature was affected by the spell.

Moreover, fixed sppr203.spl's file size is just around 250bytes. Other spells over 1 KB.

It's nothing to worry about. There are smaller files than this (SPPR604.SPL for example). Minimum size of blank SPL file is 0x71 = 113 bytes.

Ah, copy sppr203d and sppr203e.spl to fixpack's spl folder and put this code to above of Nythrun's chant fix code, chant fix will done?

COPY ~bg2fixpack/spl/sppr203d.spl~   ~override~

COPY ~bg2fixpack/spl/sppr203e.spl~ ~override~[code]

Thank you so much of your great help.

I think there's a difference of opinion here. The people who are right correctly assume that IBOW03 is the composite bow and IBOW01 is the long bow; the people who are wrong seem to believe that IBOW03 was intended as the long bow icon (and IBOW01 the composite bow).

At least, that's my understanding of the situation. :p

Archived