Sound files

Guest Mike

I'm having a problem. I'm extracting the sound "wav" files from the bif files using programs like WinBiff, and DLTCEP, but they won't play at all. I'd like to be able to extract them and use them for sounds of playable characters. Does anyone know how to convert them to usable media?

You should be able to do this with Near Infinity (available here if you don't have it).

Using Near Infinity you can select sounds for export (or just play them to see what they sound like). You will need a copy of a different program (acm2wav) to convert some of the game's sounds (possibly just music, but I can't remember off hand). Just drop that file in the same directory as Near Infinity and you're ready to go. You can find acm2wav at Sorcerer's Place, on this page.

You will need a copy of a different program (acm2wav) to convert some of the game's sounds (possibly just music, but I can't remember off hand).
Almost all of them. Only a very few special sounds that the engine has to play frequently (mainly walking and impact sounds) are real WAVs. Everything else is ACM/WAVC.

Archived