BG1 Fixpack ?

Guest plainab

Congratulations on this new release! I am still hoping for my own sake that one day this will be compatible with BGT... :)

rofl BGT is a different animal and a64 coded things to work with the BG2 engine. the fixpack stuff has to work inside the bg1 engine, while it could be ported forward into BGT with just filename changes. BGT would get better results with code revamp to use BG2 scripting language. something I don't want to do.

Thanks for the all effort, plainab! Glad you decided to continue this project!

I'll try this as soon as possible; two questions, though:

- Does the fixpack correct the initial NPC stats (like the Dudleyville changes listed here, or something alike)?

- Does it go along with other vanilla mods (BG1 Tweaks, Mini Quests and Encounters, Unfinished Business, or parts of those)?

- Does the fixpack correct the initial NPC stats (like the Dudleyville changes listed here, or something alike)?
I don't think it does that yet, but I could be wrong. There is a component in Level 1 NPCs that does it, but it is not compatible with BG1. I was thinking of making it compatible though - wouldn't be tough.
- Does it go along with other vanilla mods (BG1 Tweaks, Mini Quests and Encounters, Unfinished Business, or parts of those)?
It shouldn't be incompatible with any mods. You want to install it before other mods though.

Thanks for the answer Miloch - and also many thanks for your contributions to this fixpack!

It shouldn't be incompatible with any mods.

I'm not sure about that...

This is my typical installation:

• BG1 + TotSC
  • Baldurdash
  • Dudleyfix
  • BG1 Tweaks (some components)
  • Mini-Quest & Encounters
  • Unfinished Business
  • Widescreen

I understand I can skip Baldurdash, since it's fully covered.

But do i have to skip Dudleyfix too? Or can I install it along with this fixpack, and have the best of both worlds?

And what about the WeiDU mods? This fixpack uses some parts of UB - is it ok to install overlapping components?

eww avoid dudley at all costs plz

his mod is an overwriting mod which means if you install AFTER the fixpack you'll lose many of the changes. if you install BEFORE, you'll have unintended consequences.

I do not agree with much of what Dudley did and considered a 'fix'. Therefore, Dudleyfix as a whole will never be compatible with the fixpack nor will a game using Dudleyfix be supported for squashing bugs.

That said, I may incoporate and have incorporated some fixes from Dudley but have done so in a patch method rather than an overwrite.

@Jastey 9 times out of 10 where a change is made that UB also affects I've typically gone the same route as UB. (have in fact pilfered code at times) there is 1 minor exception that I can remember: UB gives a reward for returning Ruffie to Albert since the action was totally missing. I used the same reward as the vanilla game where everything worked. UB's reward is different and as a side note Dudley's reward is also different too.

in any case if UB is different it should simply adjust the dffering data as necessary.

there is an issue with WSM tho at least i noticed it on one of my game versions. It would crap out on a particular file (on unmodded game) and so the fixpack has a component that corrects the issue. it is early in the required component so that if the fixpack isn't wanted (but WSM is) then the required component alone can be run and the fixes avoided...

Hey, this may be outside of the bugixing scope since it's not a gameplay bug, but I thought to mention it here anyway.

I own a US (American) version of the cd set of BG1 + TotSC. But I run it on a German OS. When applying the official 5521 patch, I end up needing to use the international version because the American patch borks the vanilla install.

I guess it is checking against the native settings of your OS and not the game itself? Anyway just noting it it case anyone runs into the same problem.

Some bugs I have encountered while playing with your fixpack:

- Potion of agility description reads it increases constitution (or vice-versa, can't remember) but it works normally

- When being teleported to chess board in Durlag tower, sometimes not all 6 party members are teleported even if they were together in the room where last creature was killed

- After killing Demonkin and returning to Ulgoth's Beard, the cutscene about returning from Werewolf Island is showed again, after which the cultists ambush occur

Some bugs I have encountered while playing with your fixpack:

- Potion of agility description reads it increases constitution (or vice-versa, can't remember) but it works normally

- When being teleported to chess board in Durlag tower, sometimes not all 6 party members are teleported even if they were together in the room where last creature was killed

- After killing Demonkin and returning to Ulgoth's Beard, the cutscene about returning from Werewolf Island is showed again, after which the cultists ambush occur

I've not yet played ToTSC, any changes that affect ToTSC content were contributed. I have since gotten a copy of ToTSC and need to slowly go thru everything and make sure it all does what is advertised. However I have no documentation concerning any changes made with regard to these topics.

And while the description gets revamped in Salk's GTU. It doesn't say anything about constitution. Nor is the potion of agility file being adjusted in any other way. I am not sure what you are experiencing. Have you installed other mods? Which version of the fixpack were you using?

No mods. Just official patches for BG + TotSC (BGTalesUK5512) and BGFixPack.rar (don't know the version - modified 3/3/2012)
version # should be listed in the wiedu.log... That should be the most recent tho.

your picture shows that it is the Potion of Fortitude yet you said

Potion of agility description reads it increases constitution (or vice-versa, can't remember) but it works normally
That description is the proper Salk adjusted description for Potion of Fortitude as the unmodified description says
Once consumed, this potion will cause a surge of energy to travel through the body raising the drinkers constitution to 18. This provides all the bonuses of having a high consitution such as hit points for the duration of the effect, which is 15 turns.
and the potn28.itm file for potion of fortitude isn't touched in the fixpack either.

Are you saying that you drink a potion of fortitude and it acts like a potion of agility or what?

Here is my weidu.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BGFIXPACK/SETUP-BGFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Required for all Components/patches: 0.0014

~BGFIXPACK/SETUP-BGFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Core Components: 0.0014

~BGFIXPACK/SETUP-BGFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Game Text Update AND File Adjustments to Match: 0.0014

About the potion, it reads Dexterity Set to 18 (should be Con). It functions normally, just the description is wrong. At the time I wrote the first post, I couldn't remember if it was potion of agility saying it set Con to 18 or potion of fortitude setting Dex to 18 :)

You actually have the last publicly announced release...

There is a more recent internal release available at the same link. (actually replaced the other)

However nothing was touched between the two in this regard.

potn28.itm Potion of Fortitude modified description

Once consumed, this potion will cause a surge of energy to travel through the body raising the drinker's constitution to eighteen. This provides all the bonuses of having a high constitution such as hit points for the duration of the effect.

STATISTICS:

Dexterity: Set to 18

Duration: 15 turns

Weight: 1

potn19.itm Potion of Agility modified description

This potion will raise the dexterity of the imbiber, affecting Armor Class and Missile Attack Adjustment for the duration of the effect.

STATISTICS:

They are correct after installation. Their inventory graphics are similar with one being grey and the other being white. perhaps you are misremembering the colors?

potion of fortitude is grey

potion of agility is white

Feel free to check for yourself with DLTCEP or Near Infinity.

If you've not completed the game I don't recommend doing this as we have added additional stuff, but you can always try the internal release available on my website and see if that behaves differently. Then again, who knows perhaps my English install has a different dialog.tlk than yours.... If that's the case... then that would be a BIG problem.

http://sasha-altherin.webs.com/baldursgatefixpack.htm

potn28.itm Potion of Fortitude modified description

Once consumed, this potion will cause a surge of energy to travel through the body raising the drinker's constitution to eighteen. This provides all the bonuses of having a high constitution such as hit points for the duration of the effect.

STATISTICS:

Isn't this obvious? The text I marked in bold is wrong. It should be: Constitution: Set to 18