BG1 Fixpack ?

Guest plainab

If there is, not sure what it is. Bioware didn't state it in the original...

Command (Enchantment/Charm)

Level: 1

Sphere: Charm

Range: 30 yards

Duration: 1 round

Casting Time: 1

Area of Effect: 1 creature

Saving Throw: None

This spell enables the priest to command another creature to "die" (sleep) for a single round. At the end of the round the creature awakens and is unharmed.

I'll be honest and say that spells are not my strong point. I'm not too sure how to interpret the spell file as to indicate what the proper save would be, if any.... Gonna have to ask in the workroom and see if anyone else knows....

There is a save vs. spells allowed to avoid the effects of an unmodded sppr102.spl, so gunman is correct, the description should reflect that (look at the spell's effects i.e. for Unconsciousness in the Saving throw field to see this).

Hello!

First I'd like to extend a great thank you to plainab for working on the BG1Fixpack and to grogerson for working on the BG1Tweaks! I'm very grateful that people like you who keeps the original BG alive! I've tried both EasyTutu and BGTrilogy, but they just aren't the same as the real game...

But of course, I have a strange and rare problem. As many people do I like to store items in containers, so that I don't have carry it around. While I was unloading things in the barrel in Feldepost's Inn, I encountered a bug: the items I put into the barrel disappeared... and the items I removed from the barrel was still remaining, in other words duplicated (i.e. both in the barrel and in my inventory). I don't know what triggered this bug and it didn't happen every time I entered the Inn. But then the bug spread and I started encountering the bug at another place in the game, which made me give up. I have vague memories of reading about someone else having this bug but I can't find anything about this using google.

At the time I was using the old version of the fixpack (0.14 or whatever it was), since then I've restored BG from a backup och installed the new version. Sorry, I don't have the saves with the bug anymore.

What do you think caused it? Incompatibility with Vista? I have cache size set to 1024, could that be a problem?

I'm going to startover BG again, I hope I won't encounter this bug again. But if I do, I'll come back and post my Weidu.log here.

Once again, thanks for keeping the game alive!

Regards, spukrian

----------------------------------------------

Added much later:

I've started a new game with the latest fixpack and there's a strange bug. In Candlekeep Jondalar and Erik teaches the Bhaalspawn about combat and they're supposed to stop and talk when you get a hit in. Erik works exaclty the way he should, but getting a hit on Jondalar turns everyone nearby (Reevor and any passing guards) hostile.

I guess I must've done something wrong.

weidu.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BGFIXPACK/SETUP-BGFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Required for all Components/patches: 1 Beta -- Internal Release 0.0015

~BGFIXPACK/SETUP-BGFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Core Components: 1 Beta -- Internal Release 0.0015

~BGFIXPACK/SETUP-BGFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Game Text Update AND File Adjustments to Match: 1 Beta -- Internal Release 0.0015

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer): 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2121 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2141 // Alter Cleric/Druid Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation (Luiz): 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus): 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Give Edwin His BG2 Stats -> BG2 Stats Only: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Give Jaheira Her BG2 Stats -> BG2 Stats Only: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Give Minsc His BG2 Stats -> BG2 Stats Only: 3

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Give Viconia Her BG2 Stats -> BG2 Stats Only: 3

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

Edited by spukrian

I don't know about that container thing you mentioned... sounds weird tho

I've started a new game with the latest fixpack and there's a strange bug. In Candlekeep Jondalar and Erik teaches the Bhaalspawn about combat and they're supposed to stop and talk when you get a hit in. Erik works exaclty the way he should, but getting a hit on Jondalar turns everyone nearby (Reevor and any passing guards) hostile.
Shouldn't happen like that, but there was some patch work done... could be something messed up with that. it's a new edition in the last release... Tho it was tested and reported that everything happened as normal... Perhaps the tester(s) didn't have every patch installed or up to date.

Can you list out the exact steps you took in regards to Jondalar and I'll see if I can repeat it? If I can repeat it, then I can look at seeing what went wrong.

1. I approach Jondalar and talk to him, going through his dialogue.

2. I press "End dialogue" and he turns red and attacks, Erik appears, also red, and fires arrows at me.

3. I attack Jondalar.

4a. When an attack actually hits Jondalar, instead of triggering dialogue, Reevor turns red and attacks.

4b. Hitting Erik instead triggers the dialogue, turns both Erik and Jondalar neutral and they start walking away.

Going to look more into it tomorrow, maybe I need to reinstall...

Edited by spukrian

I just tested this out and it is indeed screwed up. Totally our fault. The original scenario with Jondalar isn't broken however if the player attacked Jondalar first instead of talking it wouldn't play out properly. Jondalar would talk to the PC as if the PC hadn't hit him and subsequently not recognize any further hits.

Rather than adding new text etc as the Jondalar Fix for BGT does, we opted to have him turn hostile and shout for help whenever he is attacked outside of the practice session. Therein lies the problem. We gave him the generic shout script, this had no specific checks for Jondalar's status in regards to the practice session. The solution is to duplicate relevant portions of the shout script, apply specific checks for Jondalar's practice session and add those blocks to Jondalar's personal script.

Not going to repack the fixpack just for one file :p

So if you are going to start over, you may do the following....

Before reinstalling the BG Fixpack,

Open the file labeled ISSUES-JondalarBehavesProperly.tph located in BGFixPack\Modules\ with Notepad or other text editor (not that MS stuff tho :p ).

Delete everything

Copy/Paste below spoiler

Then save.

PRINT ~Processing ISSUES-JondalarBehavesProperly.tph~
SILENT
COPY_EXISTING ~jondalar.bcs~ override
DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
 COUNT_REGEXP_INSTANCES CASE_INSENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH ~NumTimesTalkedToGT(0)~ tsp1
 PATCH_IF (tsp1 < 1) BEGIN
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH ~HitBy([PC],CRUSHING)~ ~HitBy([PC],CRUSHING) NumTimesTalkedToGT(0)~
 END
END
BUT_ONLY
<<<<<<<< extend_jondalar.baf
IF
	Global("JonHit","GLOBAL",0)
AttackedBy([GOODCUTOFF],DEFAULT)
Allegiance(Myself,NEUTRAL)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
 Shout(99)
 Enemy()
END
IF
HitBy([GOODCUTOFF],CRUSHING)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
 Shout(99)
 Continue()
END
IF
Heard([0.0.0.INNOCENT],99)
Class(Myself,INNOCENT)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
 Enemy()
END
>>>>>>>>
EXTEND_TOP ~jondalar.bcs~ ~extend_jondalar.baf~
COPY_EXISTING jondal.cre override
READ_BYTE 0x273 class
// WRITE_ASCIIT 0x248 ~jondalar~
PATCH_IF (%class% != 155) BEGIN
 WRITE_BYTE 0x273 155
END
BUT_ONLY

If you try that out tell me how it works for you. My tests indicate it should work properly when you talk to him and he and those around him go hostile if you attack before talking to him.

Well, it took some time. I was a bit busy... but to be honest, I was procastrinating quite a bit, I wasn't looking forward to reinstalling BG1. But today I took my time and went ahead with it.

I'm not sure if this was what causing the bug that made items disappear, but it turns out the last time I installed the game I had installed the patch onto a game that was already patched. Maybe this caused some sort of corruption.

Now to my stupid question: The BG1Fixpack wants me to put a CD in the drive when installing it, can I safely ignore this?

---------

Eh, I'll just go ahead and ignore it, I'm sure it'll be fine.

--------

Apparently my prepatched BGmain2.exe and dialog.tlk have nonstandard filesizes and such the widescreen refuses to believe that the game is patched. So I'll have to install the patch anyway.

---------

Ok, now I've tested the fix you posted and it only works half the way.

*Jondalar iniates dialogue when hit and then they leave. This is good!

*But Reevor still turns hostile and attacks... not good!

I'm gonna continue playing, but I guess I'll avoid Jondalar.

Edited by spukrian
Ok, now I've tested the fix you posted and it only works half the way.

*Jondalar iniates dialogue when hit and then they leave. This is good!

*But Reevor still turns hostile and attacks... not good!

yeah I didn't notice that when I tested as Reevor is off screen and I apparently quit too soon. It was brought to my attention in the workroom as well (just saw it today in fact). I've already whipped up a solution that doesn't make Reevor go hostile in the proper situation....

Try this when you get a chance

Just copy/paste and replace the jondalar tph file as instructed in the other post, then reinstall the fixpack

PRINT ~Processing ISSUES-JondalarBehavesProperly.tph~
SILENT

COPY_EXISTING ~jondalar.bcs~ override
DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
 COUNT_REGEXP_INSTANCES CASE_INSENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH ~NumTimesTalkedToGT(0)~ tsp1
 PATCH_IF (tsp1 < 1) BEGIN
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH ~HitBy([PC],CRUSHING)~ ~HitBy([PC],CRUSHING) NumTimesTalkedToGT(0)~
 END
END
BUT_ONLY

<<<<<<<< extend_jondalar.baf
IF
    NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
   AttackedBy([GOODCUTOFF],DEFAULT)
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
       Shout(99)
       Enemy()
END

IF
    NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
   HitBy([GOODCUTOFF],CRUSHING)
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
       Shout(99)
       Continue()
END

IF
    NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
   Heard([0.0.0.INNOCENT],99)
   Class(Myself,INNOCENT)
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
       Enemy()
END
>>>>>>>>
EXTEND_TOP ~jondalar.bcs~ ~extend_jondalar.baf~

COPY_EXISTING jondal.cre override
READ_BYTE 0x273 class
// WRITE_ASCIIT 0x248 ~jondalar~
PATCH_IF (%class% != 155) BEGIN
 WRITE_BYTE 0x273 155
END
BUT_ONLY

/*
COPY_EXISTING ar2600.are override
READ_LONG 0x54 act_off //Actors offset
READ_SHORT 0x58 act_cnt //Actors count
FOR (i = 0; i < act_cnt; i += 1) BEGIN //Cycle through actors
 READ_ASCII (i * 0x110 + act_off + 0x80) tcre
 PATCH_IF (~%tcre%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~jondal~ = 1) BEGIN //Slave
  WRITE_ASCII (i * 0x110 + act_off + 0x78) ~waithstl~ #8
 END
END
BUT_ONLY
*/

Now to my stupid question: The BG1Fixpack wants me to put a CD in the drive when installing it, can I safely ignore this?
Are you talking about during installation? I've heard of that on other mods but have never ever experienced it.

Apparently my prepatched BGmain2.exe and dialog.tlk have nonstandard filesizes and such the widescreen refuses to believe that the game is patched. So I'll have to install the patch anyway.
Widescreen mod only works with selected versions of selected patches. Basically whatever version the mod author has and those versions that others who were capable of finding the necessary offsets had in their possession. Re-patching an already patched game to make WSM work may not be the best thing to do. Its possible to cause issues since other things have been noticed as being different between the various language patches as well.

The new fix works fine. No one turns hostile when training with Jondalar. Thank you once again!

Are you talking about during installation? I've heard of that on other mods but have never ever experienced it.

Yes, during installation and during uninstallation. It was one of those "Couldn't find a disk in drive. Retry / Abort / Some other option".

I installed the fixpack and had to click abort several times when prompted for a CD. This made me a bit nervous so I uninstalled, clicked abort some more and then edited my message here. Then some time later I reinstalled the fixpack and wasn't prompted, turns out I had forgotten an Audio CD in the drive. Anyway it's probably not important.

Widescreen mod only works with selected versions of selected patches. Basically whatever version the mod author has and those versions that others who were capable of finding the necessary offsets had in their possession. Re-patching an already patched game to make WSM work may not be the best thing to do. Its possible to cause issues since other things have been noticed as being different between the various language patches as well.

Hmm, maybe patching was the culprit behind the strange bug after all. There have also been lots of crashes, but I just thought they were due BG being old and not particularly compatible with Vista.

I'm sorry, but I feel I need the WSM, so I'm kinda forced to use EasyTutu now.

I'm not sure if this was what causing the bug that made items disappear, but it turns out the last time I installed the game I had installed the patch onto a game that was already patched. Maybe this caused some sort of corruption.

Actually I'm an idiot lacking reading comprehension and feel quite embarrassed. I just saw the textfile and assumed that the game was patched. Please forgive me for being such a noob. Now I'll go stand in the corner.

If I understand correctly this supersedes Baldurdash FixPack v1.1 (BG1FixPack11.exe) and DudleyFix FixPacks for BG1 (FixPack #1-#5) and is only still maintained fixpack for BG1?

Any chance for international version or option? Obviously missing text/dialogue fixes.

The GTU is a separate component. Everything else should (as far as I know) work on other languages.

As far as still being maintained... I've decided to step down. It is no longer enjoyable and when that happens it's time to move on. I do not know yet if any of the co-conspirators wants to take charge as I've only just posted my intentions in the Fixpack Workroom.