BG1 Fixpack ?

Guest plainab

I didn't check vanilla P.dlgs, that is true, my apologies if it doesn't apply there. (I didn't came to my mind there could be differences, but then I have no idea how the Tutu conversion works.)

The fix in BG1NPC was introduced not long ago, which internal version were you looking at?

I did a double check and it is a tutu only thing.

BG1NPC does modify the files in question but the global set in question was present prior to BG1NPC's modification (I checked the backup files to confirm) Can't be certain, but I don't think I have any other mods prior to my installation of BG1NPC which dinks around with the npc dlg files. My guess is that MacReady tried to use those kickout variables to work around certain issues. You'll have to ask him. I'm not even sure what they are supposed to do.

I believe it was beta 4 but can't be certain without going back home and looking at it on my computer...

Been quiet for a while here, so how're things going on this project?

I've a couple of items, noted in the BG1 Tweakpack thread, but I'll restate them here.

My paladin (CHARNAME) hit 9th level, has one 1st level spell slot to memorize, but doesn't have anything showing for him to memorize...

Also, several stores are "shared". The Naskel and Gullykin temples is a known bug. I've also found the following are shared:

Magic Item Merchant: AR4907, AR0706

General Store: AR0803, AR1112, AR1116, AR0304

Potion Store: AR1302, AR1320, AR1115, AR1117

Don't know what, or if, you will do anything with this info...

Been quiet for a while here, so how're things going on this project?

I've a couple of items, noted in the BG1 Tweakpack thread, but I'll restate them here.

My paladin (CHARNAME) hit 9th level, has one 1st level spell slot to memorize, but doesn't have anything showing for him to memorize...

Also, several stores are "shared". The Naskel and Gullykin temples is a known bug. I've also found the following are shared:

Magic Item Merchant: AR4907, AR0706

General Store: AR0803, AR1112, AR1116, AR0304

Potion Store: AR1302, AR1320, AR1115, AR1117

Don't know what, or if, you will do anything with this info...

Yep, this thread has been rather slow...

We've got a workroom where we've been doing most of our initial discussions.

Did ya need access? Might give you some additional tweak components as some things might get coded but then later dropped as we make our final decisions....

As for the stores that are shared, I think there is a mod out there that dealt with it, and once we find that one we'll probably just use that code...

I'm not sure what to do about the paladin issue. I've never even played one. (I like to have a little leeway for the occasional fits of evil) Can't be good all the time.

I'm not sure what to do about the paladin issue. I've never even played one. (I like to have a little leeway for the occasional fits of evil) Can't be good all the time.

Why do you think I keep Viconia around...

As for the paladin spell issue, 2E AD&D starts his ability at 9th level. Looks like Bioware may have missed this. My paladin just hit 10th level and has gained his casting ability. This may be a hard-coded miss on their part since no .2DA file I know of controls this.

From BG1 vanilla: MXSPLPAL.2DA

2DA V1.0
	1   2   3   4
9	   1   0   0   0
10	  2   0   0   0
11	  2   1   0   0
12	  2   2   0   0
13	  2   2   1   0
14	  3   2   1   0
15	  3   2   1   1
16	  3   3   2   1
17	  3   3   3   1
18	  3   3   3   1
19	  3   3   3   2
20	  3   3   3   3

Looks to me like the spells start at level 9. I don't know if there is any modification done by the various levels of intelligence.

Looks to me like the spells start at level 9. I don't know if there is any modification done by the various levels of intelligence.

Even with TotSC, paladins never reach high enough levels to cast spells. I'm using the Icewind Dale mxsplpal.2da, which gives them one first level spell from 6th to 9th level. Though the clerical memorization showed one first level spell available at 9th level, it wasn't until 10th level that the spells themselves became available.

Which is why I'm wondering if they made a hard-code screwup on this one. If they did, it's outside the reach of either fix pack or tweak pack.

Edit: The ranger works fine, also starting at 6th level with IWD mxsplran.2da. Seems only the paladin took the hit...

Edited by grogerson
I'm using the Icewind Dale mxsplpal.2da, which gives them one first level spell from 6th to 9th level.
Well, that might be part of the problem too. Someone should test this in the unmodded game. [Edit: nevermind, looks like plainab did this in the Tweak thread... I doubt having TotSC would make much difference in this case.]

Since the unmodded game, as you say, doesn't allow paladins to cast spells anyway, I dunno if there's much we can do about it in a fixpack. Especially if it does turn out to be hardcoded.

Edited by Miloch

Two minor bugs for a fixpack

The description for the dagger of venom _MISC75.itm has an error in its description. It says the proficiency to use it is short sword when it is really daggers.

Bela's Axe (don't know the file name) does not have an assigned unidentified description. Clicking on the unidentified axe gives the identified description.

Actually, misc75 has the (correct) small sword proficiency in BG1, as do all daggers and short swords. So the bug is only for Tutu - you may want to report it in the Tutu forum.

Bala's Axe (ax1h07) has both identified and unidentified descriptions. Same goes for _ax1h07 in Tutu.

Actually, misc75 has the (correct) small sword proficiency in BG1, as do all daggers and short swords. So the bug is only for Tutu - you may want to report it in the Tutu forum.

This is fixed by Rogue Rebalancing for BG2 and will be addressed for Tutu as well as of RR v3.9.

BTW, the original description of the Dagger of Venom doesn't mention that the poison damage can be avoided by a successful save vs. death. That too is fixed by RR but you might still want to include it into the fixpack's GTU.