BG1 Fixpack ?

Guest plainab

Has there been any progress with this mod?
Sort of. We have a working alpha (I think) with a lot of fixes from plainab, Idobek, and including all of Baldurdash and some of Dudleyville. We have a full game text update by Salk which also incorporates Baldur/Dudley if the changes were valid. What we mainly need now is someone to help with proofreading and documentation, and eventually with testing. And there hasn't been exactly a huge rush of volunteers for that, but then again I guess we haven't really asked either, not publicly anyway. So if anyone wants to help, let us know. Coding skills not required; English skills would help though.

I would be happy to proofread and actual testing. So let me know :)

- Flunders

EDIT: I’ve found two bugs that I would like to report but not sure where to do this. Is there a seperate forum for the BG1fixpack or is it private only?

Edited by Flunders
I would be happy to proofread and actual testing. So let me know :)

- Flunders

EDIT: I’ve found two bugs that I would like to report but not sure where to do this. Is there a seperate forum for the BG1fixpack or is it private only?

Oh, sorry - I missed this. As I said in the PM, I've asked CamDawg (or whoever else can do so) to give you forum access. For now, you can report anything you find here. Thanks for volunteering!

Hey!

The two bugs I found are with non-modded BG1 and also found with Baldurdash + Dudley installed.

The two bugs are small but bugs none the less.

The first one is located in the Red Sheaf Inn at Beregost. The crate to the right as you enter is impossible to loot without being caught, even if everyone is dead in the Inn.

The second bug (may not be a bug) is also located in Beregost. Directly south of Red Sheaf Inn there is a small house with blue roof (AR3309.ARE). Inside, the closest commoner doesn't ever move, therefore making it also impossible to loot the box without getting caught. Stealing aside, just the fact he doesn't ever move seems strange. But maybe he was designed to never move but the fact that every other NPC inside homes usually always moves.

Silly small bugs but they are what I've noticed since I started my new game recently. I'll continue to update if I find more.

- Flunders

Edited by Flunders

Another bug (again, not sure) that I forgot to mention, takes place in Candlekeep when you start new game. When you are fighting Carbos or Shank but leave the room before killing them Parda/Karan will be there. The dialog gives the impressing you killed them, especially with Karan. This could have been designed so that players that couldn't actually kill them could leave and still get the story elements from the npc's but I'm not sure.

What you think?

Flunders

Edited by Flunders

I remember not being able to loot that chest in the Red Sheaf, because I pretty much try to steal anything that isn't nailed down (or even if it is). These things could be scripting bugs - I know we looked into some already (like the presence of only a cat being able to call the guards).

When you are fighting Carbos or Shank but leave the room before killing them Parda/Karan will be there. The dialog gives the impressing you killed them, especially with Karan. This could have been designed so that players that couldn't actually kill them could leave and still get the story elements from the npc's but I'm not sure.
Hmm, well the dialogue doesn't actually refer to the assassins being dead, does it? If so, I think it's a bug but if not, then it could be as you say.
When you are fighting Carbos or Shank but leave the room before killing them Parda/Karan will be there. The dialog gives the impressing you killed them, especially with Karan. This could have been designed so that players that couldn't actually kill them could leave and still get the story elements from the npc's but I'm not sure.
Hmm, well the dialogue doesn't actually refer to the assassins being dead, does it? If so, I think it's a bug but if not, then it could be as you say.

Well with Karan you can reply "He's... he's dead, whoever he was. ..." If you are using EasyTutu then he follows you outside (cos that's how it works in BG2) and it sounds silly talking to Karan/Parda while they are hopelessly swinging for you.

The Red Sheaf Inn crate has something to do with the REPTRAP. If you delete that it you can loot it. I'm trying to figure it out myself but have no experience modding but fun none the less :)

Edited by Flunders