BG1 Fixpack ?

Guest plainab

Most of Baldurdash is included. The one thing that I know from Baldurdash that is not in the fixpack is the whole issue with Aldeth and Biff the Understudy. There is really no good way to do it without making it seem like it has been really tweaked. Besides with Biff in BG2 it might be cool to have him make some extra comments about his hired role in Baldur's Gate before he went to Athkatla... But that's just an idea...

As far as Dudley goes, I've included stuff as I went through his documentation to determine what issues did need to be fixed and what he actually tweaked. I've got more to look at though. There are some larger issues at hand that need to be dealt with before I can continue.

Most of Baldurdash is included. The one thing that I know from Baldurdash that is not in the fixpack is the whole issue with Aldeth and Biff the Understudy. There is really no good way to do it without making it seem like it has been really tweaked. Besides with Biff in BG2 it might be cool to have him make some extra comments about his hired role in Baldur's Gate before he went to Athkatla... But that's just an idea...

As far as Dudley goes, I've included stuff as I went through his documentation to determine what issues did need to be fixed and what he actually tweaked. I've got more to look at though. There are some larger issues at hand that need to be dealt with before I can continue.

What about the Game Text Update?

Nice work btw. :)

An update has been posted to my website...

It includes the long awaited Game Text Update. It is preliminary and requires your feed back.

Also includes a fix for the rare issue as detailed here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=17402

To access the fixpack please visit my website: (direct link to fixpack page) http://sasha-altherin.webs.com/baldursgatefixpack.htm

Is this mod still being worked on?
Yeah, off and on... Whenever I get a notion to get into it pretty much...

Really hoping that people will provide some feedback about whether things work or not...

BTW anyone who is interested: I've got a small forum that is free to join on my website where any issues regarding the bg fixpack can be discussed... See signature below for link to my website...

I would pretty much like to work on the italian translation when it reaches its first release (i.e. v1.0), then :)

That could be arranged... You'd have to remind me though when the time comes...

Oh, and since you'd be doing a different language if there are any game text bugs that you want fixed, you'll need to provide a separate tra file for those. I'd be able to do the tp2 code for the Italian GTU (if there is going to be one)...

Are you still working on this project? Any new version?
The latest version is in here, I am quite sure.

Progress, I am sure it's every now and then...

Is this the fixpack (beside official patch) all I need to install or is there something else I can use?
I would install them in this order: BG, BGTotSC, patch v(1.3.)5512, BG_FixPack... and then depending on your PC, you might need to configure the game right, like advised in here if you have an NVidia card. And install a few more BG1 mods, and finally then use the Widescreen mod, if you wish to. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Thanks Jarno

I already have bg + totsc + latest official patch + latest BG_FixPack + BG1 Unfinished Business + widescreen mode

Are there any more essential mods? No dudleys fixes or g3 tweak pack? I don`t want to play heavily modded game. Just want to use all fan made fixes and restored content mods.

Well, if anyone has gone to my website to get the last attempt of a fixpack for Baldur's Gate they will see that I have put off work on the fixpack for an unknown amount of time. Why you may ask? To put it bluntly I got hooked onto a free mmorpg called Dream Of Mirror Online. If you'd like to see what I've got hooked on you may check it out at http://www.aeriagames.com

Some day, I may return to finish up what I started. Till then, if anyone would like to take what I have posted on my website at http://sasha-altherin.webs.com/index.htm and expand, correct, or modify for personal use, please feel free to do so.

If you want to publish any work that utilizes the fixpack in part or in whole, please try to contact me. I do get e-mails when there are posts to subscribed threads (like this one) or when I get a private message. Sometimes not right away, so please be patient in getting a response from me.

@admins -- sorry for bringing up an old thread but this info is better suited here than in starting a new one. After 6 months away I figured I owed the modding community a reason for my absence.