Using A_I_F_E_I_G and A_I N F_E

berelinde

I'm trying to append interact.2da. I know it's stupid, that banters are better, but I still like to hear Ajantis say "You are a man of honor. I respect your integrity" and Jaheira say "You are amusing, in a what-the-hells-is-wrong-with-you kind of way."

I know I can append interact.2da, but I know that if other npc mods are installed first and *they* append interact.2da, too, there's going to be trouble if the tables don't match. The best I can do is detect for other npc mods, which is what I'm going to have to do if nothing else comes up.

How would I check for more than one file at a time?

Yes, I realize that I'm going to have to download each and every mod to see if they actually do touch that table.

Not sure whether it's what you're asking, but the following is valid:

ACTION_IF (
FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FLYTHR01.MVE~ OR
FILE_EXISTS ~DATA/BG1ARE.BIF~ OR
FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ OR
NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR1500.ARE~
)
THEN BEGIN
		FAIL @500
END

I used this bit of code in weidu version of Drizzt Saga I was working on.

Of course, you can use "AND" there too.

That is exactly what I'm looking for, but I think I'll probably need to check to make sure files *don't* exist, so I'll use NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME and AND.

That saves me a lot of work!

Now all I have to do is identify one checkable component for each mod.

Thanks!

Still useful information, and I'm probably going to need it, but I'm no longer certain I'm going to go with the original idea. It was fun, and I may still do it, but there is probably several good reasons not to.

Archived