berelinde is having a bad day

berelinde

oh, i so wish to rant about my service provider... the bloody thing allows I think 5 or so accounts with 20 meg space each. but all I need is 1 space with 50 or so meg to have my mod dl on it! damn.

Thanks for the pep-talk, but I'm feeling better now. I was able to finally log on to old, familiar hostfor2bucks, which made me happy. It was just that I hadn't done site maintenance in so long they disabled my password. Once it was reset, everything was smooth sailing. Much bigger bandwidth, too, should that ever become necessary.

The Verizon "online tools" was exactly the part I couldn't get to work. I am very happy using Dreamweaver, so I don't need them, and Verizon railroads you into using their online tools whether you want to or not. They don't let you use the copy and paste function, and I wasn't about to type out the code for the site I came up with using Dreamweaver. With hostfor2bucks, you just use the browse function to find your file, give it a name, and hit "upload". Couldn't be easier.

So now, I've got my own easy, cheesy website, that took me about half an hour to throw together, including finding and editing the graphics files.

Favorite form of stress relief: start up the game and start wasting chickens.

oh, i so wish to rant about my service provider... the bloody thing allows I think 5 or so accounts with 20 meg space each. but all I need is 1 space with 50 or so meg to have my mod dl on it! damn.
Doesn't G3 have that kind of space?
Do what I do when things aren't working out: walk away and come back to it later. By then your mind is cleared of the frustration.
Possibly. Though in my case, it is also cleared of whatever I was working on. :)
The Verizon "online tools" was exactly the part I couldn't get to work. I am very happy using Dreamweaver, so I don't need them, and Verizon railroads you into using their online tools whether you want to or not.
Lame. They used to have site FTP, back when I had a site with them. I had to dump them when their so-called high-speed Internet services involved outages of a few days a month or more. I'm not sure Comcast is any better. I had to call them today because my phone line was down, apparently only because I've been out of town for a while (the bill is paid, so it wasn't that - they couldn't exactly explain why it was down). And their "site creation" tools involve the same cheesy wizards - no option for simple FTP that I could see. Luckily I set up my own web server on an old laptop I converted to Linux (though not too useful when your provider turns off your service for no reason :hm:). I use to use Netfirms for hosting before I switched to my own server. It was free - the only drawback being some google banners which weren't too annoying.
Favorite form of stress relief: start up the game and start wasting chickens.
Do you move on to cows after that? In the Bard's Tale game, after you kill so many chickens, a giant chicken appears seeking revenge. To which the protaganist says "How tough can it be? It's a *chicken*! I'll eat like a king for weeks." And of course it proves to be a pretty tough foe, but it drops like a bunch of chicken legs when you finally kill it (something similar happens with cows.) :)

Archived