Getting rid of Bhaalspawn powers

berelinde

When making up an NPC for BG2, one of the easier ways to do it is to start out with a PC and convert it to a CRE. But that CRE is going to have Bhaalspawn powers.

You're going to have to convert to a CRE anyway, and you're going to have to use NI to remove the "export allowed" flag and change the scripts, but you don't *have* to remove the Bhaalspawn powers that way, too.

Just start your NPC as a Tutu character. Bhaalspawn powers will be removed in the first 3 seconds of the game. *Then* export the CHR and modify at will. You can even leave the resulting NPC at 1st level and allow the PC to level him up. Most people like the ability to choose weapon proficiencies and spells.

Tutu characters can be imported into BG2 freely, so why not a CRE created in Tutu? Just make sure you're equiping him or her with BG2 items!

What I usually do is start multiplayer game, then "pre-generates" my character before exporting him/her. He will be considered as player 2 (I don't know why, but he/she never turns out to be the Bhaalspawn), meaning he does not have the fancy bio and the bhaalspawn power.

Just convert the .chr to .cre, uncheck the "exportable" box with cremaker, add a DV and here you go. :)

What I usually do is start multiplayer game, then "pre-generates" my character before exporting him/her. He will be considered as player 2 (I don't know why, but he/she never turns out to be the Bhaalspawn), meaning he does not have the fancy bio and the bhaalspawn power.

Just convert the .chr to .cre, uncheck the "exportable" box with cremaker, add a DV and here you go. :)

That is basically what I do. Its easy enough.

Yeah, but you might want to actually choose and memorize the initial spells. I suppose you could always start the game with the NPC in the Player 2 spot...

You can do that when you create your character. The good thing is, by using the "pre-generate" character option, you can export it right after naming it, so you don't have to go through the painfull cut scene "The child of Bhaal has awoken, it's time for more experiments..."

Archived