Bug reports

berelinde

Ah, well thanks for your report, because it certainly highlights some planning deficiencies! To be corrected for the next v.

BTW: just to rule a few things out, do you know how to use WeiDU to decompile a dialogue file? If so, I might be better able to troubleshoot your installation. It's always possible that something didn't go quite right on reinstallation. It's been known to happen. It's also possible that there was a bad download somewhere along the way.

The file that I would like decompiled is B!GavinJ.dlg, from the override directory. If you need instructions, let me know.

In the meantime, could I ask you to send your saved game to the email address listed in the readme or the debug? I'd like to see if there is anything else going on that might mean unpleasant surprises down the road.

Thanks.

Thought of a way to finish the quest, but it will only work if B!GavinBodyThiefQuest is still at 3.

He'll remind the PC periodically that he needs to go to the temple. Let him. He'll meet you outside, with the quest, and all you have to do is let him rejoin. He understands that the PC is independant, and will act accordingly.

Guest Tiggsie
Thought of a way to finish the quest, but it will only work if B!GavinBodyThiefQuest is still at 3.

He'll remind the PC periodically that he needs to go to the temple. Let him. He'll meet you outside, with the quest, and all you have to do is let him rejoin. He understands that the PC is independant, and will act accordingly.

I'll try that. :p I also emailed the saved game, if you want to have a look.

If I remember correctly, he will still go on ahead, even if the relationship is committed, and will rejoin and tell you the quest. If you tell him to forget it completely, though, after the relationship is committed, he will grumble a bit, but will forget about the quest.

Guest Tiggsie
If I remember correctly, he will still go on ahead, even if the relationship is committed, and will rejoin and tell you the quest. If you tell him to forget it completely, though, after the relationship is committed, he will grumble a bit, but will forget about the quest.

He reminded me, I told him to go on ahead and immediately went to see him outside the temple - where he greeted me with the reminder dialogue again. If I told him to go on ahead, he would go away and immediately show up in the same spot again. When I asked him to be patient a bit longer he agreed, but was still outside the party. Initiating dialogue with him brought up the flirt menu. I really don't think I'm supposed to get that quest...

No, you're going to have to set the global manually. And you found an actual bug that wasn't the result of scrambled strings from reinstallation, I think. There's something wrong with his quest-related re-joining dialogue. Unless that, too, is a legacy of the reinstallation mess.

I'll be checking that out later.

Sorry you can't do that quest. Between scrambled strings and a new version, it's causing trouble.

Tutu doesn't seem to be as forgiving as BG2 with regards to reinstallation, it seems.

Guest Tiggsie

I just hope I won't run into more trouble later on. Oh well... I would have liked to see the quest, but there doesn't seem to be anything to do about it, save perhaps a complete reinstallation, and I don't want to see it that badly. Thanks for all the help :p

There *is* something I would like you to do, though, if you wouldn't mind. I want to see how badly your dialogue file is scrambled, and see if you're getting a bad rejoin dialogue because it's buggy or because your strings are crossed. You see, my version looks fine (it always does, you know :p ).

Would you go to the following website and download Weidu v 198 into your Tutu directory. You can get it here:

http://www.weidu.org/

It is packaged as a zip file, so please go ahead and exctract it into your Tutu directory. You should have a file folder and several executable programs. As long as one of them is WeiDU.exe, you're fine. That one should be in your BaldursGateTutu directory.

I'm guessing that you have a Windows system, since alpha 0.8 wasn't available for Mac.

So, please go to your Start button and select "Run". When the dialogue window opens, type in cmd and hit enter. That will give you the black command window (anybody remember DOS?).

The text in the window will probably say something like c:\Documents and Settings.

After the prompt, type in

cd c:\Program Files\BaldursGateTutu (or whatever path takes you to your Tutu installation)

You will then see the directory change to that, with a flashing cursor after the u.

From there, please type in

weidu b!gavinj.dlg

It will spit out a lot of stuff, but it shouldn't have any error messages.

After that, repeat with b!gavinp.dlg, b!gavin.bcs and _keldda.dlg.

Now, open your Tutu directory. you should see those four files, but they should be b!gavinj.d, b!gavinp.d, b!gavin.baf and _keldda.d. Please compress these using zip or rar and email them to me.

That will let me really get to the bottom of your installation woes.

Thanks for the patience! :p

Further testing has revealed some odd facts.

The first of these facts is that I put the rejoining dialogue in the wrong file. It isn't a quirk of a botched reinstallation, it's just that, for some inexplicable reason, an NPC who leaves the party as the result of a scripting action uses the J file when he rejoins, whereas one who rejoins the party after the player presses the reform party button uses the P file. This is probably TMI. Sorry.

I'd still like your files, because I'd like to see why you didn't get the right Ormlyr dialogue.

I'm seeing this problem too: Did first quest, got reward, did second quest, got reward. Got 3rd messenger, went to temple, but only got normal dialog with Kelddath. The BodyThiefQuest is set to 3. I have not encountered/killed Valeria.

The only other bug I've seen is when I picked up Ajantis (which I did very early, as soon as I got to FA Inn), I got the dialog starting "Gavin, I see you and charname..." but I hadn't even met Gavin yet.

I'm really enjoying this mod so far, great job.

sings (sorry, not signed in)

At least it's nothing new. Thanks for reporting.

The Ajantis mishap was a careless case of setting a trigger to 0 instead of 2. Fixed locally, but you may need to follow the advice given to the earlier poster about closing that.

The quest is a bit of a puzzle, since that really should fire. I'm going to take it apart over the weekend and maybe Monday I'll have something more intelligent to recommend than I have now.

This should let you carry on with the quest. This is the background: people are disappearing, and Ormlyr's got only one lead: they were last seen at the Burning Wizard. Maybe, if you've got your quest global set at 4, someone there might have some information.

Heh. Quest problem solved. Dummy made a typo in the spelling of Kelddath's dialogue file. In Tutu, his dialogue file is spelled _KELDDA, not KELDDA.

If you still want to do the quest, it will be necessary to type the following into the CLUA console:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!GavinBodyThiefQuest","GLOBAL",4)

Here is the line Ormlyr would have given you as a clue:

"Information is scarce. People are going missing, simply disappearing, and neither I nor any other of the town elders have any explanation for it. The missing people have little in common, as they come from all ranks of society, but they were all last seen at the Burning Wizard. I beg you to look into these disappearances. The Burning Wizard might be a good place to start looking. The reward for solving the mystery would be quite substantial."

After careful examination of the code, the quest should carry on as normal from this point, complete with getting the rewards.

@Tiggsie: damages due to reinstallation seem to be limited. I didn't see an awful lot of scrambled strings, so you should be all right.

Thanks to all for the diligent reporting.

I'm having the quest problem too. I decided to wait for Gavin to bug me about it, then went with him still in the party to the temple. And nothing.

So I entered the CLUA string above. And nothing.

I even went in and manually changed the variable in ShadowKeeper. NOTHING.

I'm romancing Xan, not Gavin, if that matters any.

I've included fixes for Ajantis's dialogue and for Kelddath's dialogue in a hotfix. You should be able to just be able to just install the hotfix and play as normal, going to talk to Ormlyr and getting the clue there.

Because BG1 NPC Project has some instability when reinstalling Imoen's dialogue, this hotfix will make it possible to correct the dialogue without having to reinstall any mods. Just extract the file into your tutu directory and run setup-GavinV1.0BetaPatch.exe.

Hotfix for v 1.0 Beta

Archived