Bug reports

berelinde

On the contrary, you haven't upset me at all. There's always going to be another hiccup. I'm just waiting for the next one. Hopefully, the absence of any over the last few days is a good sign. If I were superstitious, I would have just jinxed myself.

And no, there won't be a break, because there will always be something. And even after everything is hammered out, there's the next project.

Cool. If I were to work on my mod as hard as you do, I'd be thrown out of school in no time :p Then again, I hate to see people given up completely on their mods. Like that JPS guy :p . (I just felt like passing by his project's forum and cursing him a bit :D )

Cool. If I were to work on my mod as hard as you do, I'd be thrown out of school in no time :D Then again, I hate to see people given up completely on their mods. Like that JPS guy :p . (I just felt like passing by his project's forum and cursing him a bit :p )

I hear you. He was quite rude to drop off the face of the earth without even an explanation or an offer to let someone adopt the mod. At least I don't recall him doing such.

And, yes, Berelinde, we NEED the SOA and TOB. SOA, most importantly, speaking for myself! :p

As for the slightly odd dialog at the temple that an above poster mentioned Gavin having, I understood why it occurred the way it did. Even the head of the temple always says he can tell you about Bassilius even after he has been dealt with, so I just let it slide and think nothing of it.

I scanned this whole thread and haven't seen what happened to me last night. The conversation with Gavin where he first - wait, spoiler ---

Gavin wants to know if the pc knows the various ways in which a man can desire a woman. If the pc responds, "I know" he will say his next line and ask if she has ever known the touch of a man. Then, no matter what the reply from her, the dialog ends altogether.

If the pc first embraces him and THEN he asks, she can reply and he will say her answer changes nothing between them, and the dialog will end properly.

That looks like the dreaded

SAY ~BLAH BLAH~

++ ~WORDS~

++ ~OTHER WORDS~

IF ~~ THEN EXIT

END

error. Annoying, but not hard to fix. Argh!

I know the LT. I'll look at it when I get home. But be ready to embrace him before answering, or you might get stuck.

Yes indeed, that was most definitely a case of an IF ~~ THEN EXIT after PC replies. I apologize, because that is an entirely frustrating situation.

And for those that are curious about a certain NVROL message for one of the PID options: that is what happens when one is using standard dialogue format and forgets to include the IF ~~ THEN EXIT when there are *no* PC replies.

Both dialogue bugs are fixed for the next version.

Hopefully, I'll have the new material soon, but I need to post a question about a spell...

I am so hopelessly lame. I'm OK with dialogue, but ask me to do a cutscene, and I completely go to pieces.

Yes indeed, that was most definitely a case of an IF ~~ THEN EXIT after PC replies. I apologize, because that is an entirely frustrating situation.

I am so hopelessly lame. I'm OK with dialogue, but ask me to do a cutscene, and I completely go to pieces.

Well, embracing Gavin is certainly no hardship. And Berelinde, you have learned SO MUCH so quickly that I'm surprised you can even keep your head on straight! I really admire you! :p And cut scenes cannot be easy. That's just a guess on my part since I know nothing about coding a mod. I can only say "thank you" for all you are going thru. What you've done so far is outstanding. :p And you are far better than "OK" with dialog. You do great!

Just scanned thru this but didn't see what causes Gavin to do that dreaded "stutter" thing, where he will only take a step or two then stop. Argh! My new game he is suddenly doing that. I reloaded a couple of quick saves and it only fixed him temporarily.

I could swear I saw you refer to this somewhere before, but I can't find where. I really did try to find it and not bug you with yet another supid question! I had a thought, tho. I like to CLUA in items once in awhile. Would that do it?

Hmmm. That's caused by a script calling for an action that isn't being completed.

I'm going to need to know a little more about what's going on on your install. What did you do right before it started? Did you use PID to manage the relationship in any way?

A saved game might help, but depending on what you say, this might not be necessary.

Don't think it has anything to do with inventory items, but maybe. He'll react to a few in inventory, so maybe if you told me what you created, I could tell you if it had any effect on him.

Actually, depending on what the items were, that could very well do it. I've scripted him to respond to certain items if he has witnessed a certain action or conversation, but not if he hasn't. But I'll know that when you tell me which.

He used to stutter when you told him you wanted some space, but that has been fixed for a couple alphas, now.

Okay, well, I created a wand of monsters and of the Heavens. Also one boots of speed and some identify scrolls and clairvoyance scrolls. Other than that, even in my other games, they didn't trouble him. The only thing I can think of that is different is I also picked up Xan and Ajantis early. I just completed the Nashkel Mines. As soon as Gavin asks me about my childhood and I respond appropriately, he begins to stutter. Also, Ajantis has asked me about honour and justice. I just reloaded a quick save, and as soon as I get the Childhood talk, he stutters. It does sound like a script thing (I suppose), right? Can that be fixed via CLUA? Also, I only used PID to chat with Gavin, not the manage the relationship in any way. Does this help?

Edit - I don't know if this will help, but I loaded my last auto-save and clicked on Ajantis to speak with him, and he starts to talk to Gavin, saying, " Gavin, you and Charname seem to share a deeper bond than..." and proceeds to give me a huge spoiler talk. Someone else had this happen at the top of this thread. I'll re-read her post, but I don't know if this will help to correct my game or not. :)

Edit - I reloaded a previous save, rushed back to Nashkel after leaving the mines, let Ajantis be killed by...uh...someone, and returned to the area to finish up. A bit later, I get the Childhood talk, and Gavin still stutters. Sigh...I don't know what's up.

Probably. Go ahead and try it, and see if it works. I think I might have to release a fixed version of that a little sooner than I had planned.

In the meantime, why don't you send me your saved game.

Please send to rtannahill at msn dot com. Thanks.

Probably. Go ahead and try it, and see if it works. I think I might have to release a fixed version of that a little sooner than I had planned.

In the meantime, why don't you send me your saved game.

Please send to rtannahill at msn dot com. Thanks.

Okay, I'll do that a little later. Thanks!

In a way, I'd be kind of happy if that was the reason you had a stutter. It would mean that there weren't any new bugs.

But set that variable like for the first poster. I've got a hunch that we've got different versions of BG1 NPC, and that the hotfix isn't working for your version. So the only recourse is going to be to fix the darned mod. Imagine that!

Sorry you've had to deal with my learning curve.

Archived