Requests for BG1 *contains SPOILERS*

berelinde

Well, currently, this is the only thing the PC can say that will usually diffuse the situation.

"I don't know what came over me, Gavin. I'm sorry."

That's too passive for most PCs. A woman who decided to sleep with Gavin, but told him that she had never been with another man has another easy out, because she can ask him if he'd deny her the chance to see what it was like. To which he'd say "No, of course not, but I wouldn't be happy about it." Or words to that effect.

I'd like to point out that to get to this point, the PC really did have to play along with Durlyle. Not that there's any harm in that. But there were opt outs before this.

Still, now that you mention it, the PC could stand to be more assertively supporting the relationship.

How about this for an uncommitted relationship: "He threw himself at me, Gavin! I didn't ask for that, and I certainly didn't enjoy it."

Also for an uncommitted relationship: "You are quite possessive, Gavin. I do not appreciate it."

The committed version of the first: "He threw himself at me, Gavin! I didn't ask for it, and I certainly didn't enjoy it. You should trust me more."

Also for a committed relationship: "You are becoming quite possessive, Gavin. I do not appreciate it. We're going to have to trust each other, and you should know I'd never betray you like that."

I like those options personally. I think it also accounts for a charname who is maybe a bit of a tease, as well as the more assertive PC.

As far as stringing Durlyle along, well we will have to agree to disagree. I can go through his entire conversation picking what I might in real-life for just a friend and still get his romance stuff. It's one reason I have never liked his dialogue and usually skip talking to him.

To throw my 2 cents in about the Durlyle situation...

I felt kinda bad for Gavin. Honestly, my PC would not be happy with Gavin, if some strange woman kissed him. I mean if one of the prostitiutes had decided to kiss Gavin as a thank you....well there'd be trouble.

I wouldn't mind something along the lines of (commited relationship)

Gavin says the whole..."I can't believe you let him kiss you"

PC has the option of saying something like "Gavin are you jealous?"

PC pulls Gavin aside and says, "listen, you do not need to be jealous of that (appropriate insult)"

PC than kisses the breath out of Gavin, before he has a chance to respond she calmly walks back to the group.

Gavin follows a few moments later, a stunned (but happy) look on his face.

Edit by berelinde: additional PID for prostitute incident and Durlyle's advances CODED

On a different note, on the "morning after" talk which starts with the lines "Good morning <charname> Mor!" or something similar...

Shouldn't there be an option along the lines of "Mmm...I like the sound of that."

Edit by berelinde: CODED

There were 3 flirts/lovetalks that stuck out in my mind and made me laugh (or my jaw drop)

1. When Gavin gets drunk and tells REALLY bad jokes (there was definately chortling on my part)

2. When Gavin seems a little too cozy with the prostitutes (Hello! I'm standing right here!)

3. Finally, the bathing flirt. I expected that after hidng poor Gavin's clothes, my PC would enjoy teasing the blushing Gavin for some time. Well, imagine my PC's shock when Gavin boldy emerges from the water, as naked as the day he was born, and calmly asks for his towel.

I loved it! I wouldn't mind seeing more flirts where the PC can tease Gavin and vice versa.

Also, the poor guy is often helping my PC when her feet or back ache. Shouldn't she be able to reciprocate?

Hey! Maybe I'm the only one who wants to see more bathing flirts but I'm not ashamed to admit it (okay it is the internet, and thus it does offer anonymity)

Besides, shouldn't Gavin have a chance to turn the tables on the PC?

I don't know how many more flirts like that bathing flirt I can do for BG1. It took me two solid weeks to write it. But there is always BG2...

It's a weird world. I would be uncomfortable reversing the dynamics of that one. The PC spies on Gavin, and she is encouraging him. All is well. If Gavin spies on the PC, he's gone *way* too far.

It has an analogous flirt, that comes up as a random flirt mid-to-late in an uncommitted relationship, where you can order him to strip. He will go through with it, and behave far more agressively than is usual for him. This one is luck of the draw, though, and is buried amid a heap of entirely benign suggestions. He'll ask what he can do to make you smile. You can ask him to sing, to dance, to give you a kiss, or a gem, or do any of a number of things. You can also tell him that you don't want to say. That brings up a second menu, with several naughtier suggestions.

The neat thing about that one is that he does take it too far, or at least further than he intends at the outset, and possibly beyond the PC's comfort threshold. You'd have to push it past every opportunity to stop him, though.

I didn't want to make everything available in one go 'round. I've played Tutu dozens of times, testing BG1 NPC Project, and for my own amusement. Had it been the same every time, I never would have wanted to do it.

But you did raise a valid point. I've been focusing on what Gavin can to to please the PC, but maybe the PC would like a chance to ask Gavin what she can do to please him. He's a guy. Most of the time, his answer would be predictable, but he'd probalby surprise you once in a while. Just like life.

Anyway, glad you liked the skeleton jokes. Two of them were off popsickle sticks, but one, I made up.

Gavin and the prostitues... you'll see this again, so you might want to prepare yourself. He is not attracted to prostitutes. He needs a strong woman to turn him on. He wants someone he can respect, who respects him in return. When he deals with prostitutes, or talks about them, all he can think about is how horrible their lives must be. I think I added a more jealous response already, but he just won't understand the reason for your jealousy.

Teasing, eh? Need to think about that one. The "bonus flirt" menu is barely populated. I threw it together on the fly, and intend to revisit it. There's tons of room for more material there. It's all about give and take, and maybe a little of it has something to do with double entendre. Certainly, something to make a great aunt blush, or at least offer pointers.

I don't know how many more flirts like that bathing flirt I can do for BG1. It took me two solid weeks to write it. But there is always BG2...

It's a weird world. I would be uncomfortable reversing the dynamics of that one. The PC spies on Gavin, and she is encouraging him. All is well. If Gavin spies on the PC, he's gone *way* too far.

Sorry! I didn't mean to imply that Gavin should spy on the PC. I can't see that as part of his character AT ALL. More like..(comitted relationship) after the PC has finished bathing she begins to dress and notices her top is missing. After a fruitless and frantic search Gavin appears behind her and innocently asks if something is wrong (he has a suspicious twinkle in his eye). The PC asks if he as seen her top. Gavin pretends he doesn't know what it looks like, but says, "If I were able to find your top my dear, what would be my reward?"

I don't know if this is totally in character either...but something lighthearted and teasing. Yet another reason to hope for a quick release to BGII

It has an analogous flirt, that comes up as a random flirt mid-to-late in an uncommitted relationship, where you can order him to strip. He will go through with it, and behave far more agressively than is usual for him. This one is luck of the draw, though, and is buried amid a heap of entirely benign suggestions. He'll ask what he can do to make you smile. You can ask him to sing, to dance, to give you a kiss, or a gem, or do any of a number of things. You can also tell him that you don't want to say. That brings up a second menu, with several naughtier suggestions.

Yet another reason to play through BG...I think I got this one, but my PC stupidly asked for just a plain old kiss (although my PC would never pass up a chance to kiss Gavin). Who would have guessed she could have received her own personal strip tease! :)

But you did raise a valid point. I've been focusing on what Gavin can to to please the PC, but maybe the PC would like a chance to ask Gavin what she can do to please him. He's a guy. Most of the time, his answer would be predictable, but he'd probalby surprise you once in a while. Just like life.

Ahh..my PC is going to kill him with kindness :)

Gavin and the prostitues... you'll see this again, so you might want to prepare yourself. He is not attracted to prostitutes. He needs a strong woman to turn him on. He wants someone he can respect, who respects him in return. When he deals with prostitutes, or talks about them, all he can think about is how horrible their lives must be. I think I added a more jealous response already, but he just won't understand the reason for your jealousy.

Who's jealous?! :love:

Teasing, eh? Need to think about that one. The "bonus flirt" menu is barely populated. I threw it together on the fly, and intend to revisit it. There's tons of room for more material there. It's all about give and take, and maybe a little of it has something to do with double entendre. Certainly, something to make a great aunt blush, or at least offer pointers.

I'm a big fan of the double entendre.... ???

I like your first suggestion, but I'm thinking it might wait until BG2. It's going to take helping the PC defeat Sarevok for him to get the kind of confidence he'd need to do something that forward if he was sober and not cornered.

Which isn't to say that there aren't other ways he and the PC can tease each other.

1. When Gavin gets drunk and tells REALLY bad jokes (there was definately chortling on my part)

I missed *this* one? Those were slightly modified to suit a FR setting, but they were stolen from actual lemon ice popsicle sticks. Sorry, but I have this thing for popsicle stick humor and knock-knock jokes. I'd like to take this opportunity to blame my parents. :)

The simple answer is "not sure."

I'm not adverse to the idea, but it isn't a priority.

I have not seen Jonathan's modder, either. So no crossmod for either of those mods.

Well, I'm not adverse to adding crossmod banter.

Of course, now I'm going to have to get a feel for what Gavin is like, so Jonathan can be sarcastic about his shortcomings. But still friendly.

And I haven't even started anything about a Jonathan Romance - I think I want to write one, but, honestly, er, well, ladies seem to fall instantly for me or have nothing to do with me, with no middle ground of building a romance. So I'm clueless as to how to start the thing, not wanting to do the Saerileth style "oh, Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?"

Hiya!

Glad to see you back modding BG1! Who knows, there might wind up being some Gavin/Jonathan crossmod sometime. I'd love to see Jonathan developed more.

As for Gavin's shortcomings, there are plenty, so you'll have some choice. He starts out insecure, hesitant, and clumsy, so early on, Jonathan can probably have some fun at his expense. He tries to be good natured about it. He has banters with Khalid and Ajantis about his lack of grace (maybe with Viconia and Shar-Teel, too, I don't remember). Later on, he becomes more confident, but he's always going to be clumsy. Oh, and he's a terrible singer. And he's terribly afraid of spiders. So that's something to work with.

Archived