Where's Coran?

Loké

Just been slogging along with my group, and it's only just dawned on me after (almost entirely) beating the game that I didn't ubmp into Coran in cloakwood-isn't he on the bridge, and asks you to hunt some Wyverans with you? It's been a *long* time since I played BG1 though, so I may well be wrong. :rant:

Are you using Tutu or BGT?

He should be on the bridge in the first Cloakwood area. He isn't moved by the BG1 NPC Project, nor by any other mod that I know of.

He wasn't there?

If it turns out that he really wasn't there, I might ask you to decompile a couple scripts from your installation , compress them, and email.

But first, make sure you're in the right area. You can do this by hitting CTRL-X with debug mode enabled. I am sure you know where he should be, but just to verify, he is in FW2200 in tutu installations, area script _ar2200.bcs, and in AR7000 in BGT installations, area script _ar7000.bcs.

When you hit CTRL-X, you should see your x,y coordinates, your tile location, and your area.

Are you using Tutu or BGT?

He should be on the bridge in the first Cloakwood area. He isn't moved by the BG1 NPC Project, nor by any other mod that I know of.

He wasn't there?

If it turns out that he really wasn't there, I might ask you to decompile a couple scripts from your installation , compress them, and email.

But first, make sure you're in the right area. You can do this by hitting CTRL-X with debug mode enabled. I am sure you know where he should be, but just to verify, he is in FW2200 in tutu installations, area script _ar2200.bcs, and in AR7000 in BGT installations, area script _ar7000.bcs.

When you hit CTRL-X, you should see your x,y coordinates, your tile location, and your area.

I didn't meet him at all-I'll just go double check it all though.

Edit: yeah, turns out the reason I didn't bump into him was that I simply didn't... er... bump into him! Fonud him now.

Yay!

I was just getting ready to ask you if you were on the map with the hunting lodge, because a previous poster had reported the same problem, only to find she'd been checking the wrong bridge. What is it with NPCs on bridges, anyway?!

It happens. Just like the time when I was wondering why nobody had anything to say to me and found out I had forgotten to install the patch.

I would like to ask another question about Coran.

If, as a male, your character did not romance him, but nevertheless advised him to keep Namara , and then decided to send Coran on his way, is it possible not to (absurdly) inherit the child ?

It seems the baby's item is undroppable (much like Kivan's Spear actually).

Is Coran supposed to return Namara to Brielbara only when romanced ?

I'm not sure what you are asking.

Are you asking me if Coran will put the child in your inventory when he leaves? No, he won't.

Are you asking me if Coran will keep the child indefinitely should he remain with the party? I think he will return her after a time.

If, as a male, your character did not romance him, but nevertheless advised him to keep Namara , and then decided to send Coran on his way, is it possible not to (absurdly) inherit the child ?

Yes, most definitely. The item remains in Coran's inventory. If it does not, it is a bug.

Is Coran supposed to return Namara to Brielbara only when romanced ?

If the romance breaks while Namara is in the party(for example, PC chooses the way of pain in Hanali flirts), Namara stays with Coran indefinitely, or such was my experience.

If there was no romance in the first place, then yes, Coran should return to Briel, and PC will pick him up at the inn agiain.

Thanks a lot, then.

Do you perchance know how long Coran is supposed to keep the child in Namara's stead ? If not, spare yourself the trouble of answering. And forgive my disastrous English (i am indeed French).

Best regards.

No, I don't off the top of my head.

It would only take a moment to look, and it really is no trouble, because I am curious myself, but you would have to wait until I got home from work, which would be after 10pm Greenwich Meridian Time. I don't think my boss would understand if I installed the game at work :rant:

This is all I needed to know.Thanks for your quick answers.

I tried to have my group sleep for 10 days and yet nothing happened. Coran has had Namara for a week now. I wonder how I will keep the party busy for the two remaining weeks before I drop Coran for plot consistency's sake. (I use BGT)

Plot consistency is quite a pain actually. It required (in my opinion), having Branwen Xan, Kagain,Kivan,Eldoth and Yeslick taken down by foes. All of these characters are such single-minded maniacs, that it seemed quite logical, to have them meet their doom along the road. And you don't meet them later on, so....The game provides plenty of poetic opportunities for such convenient 'accidents'.

Well, (sigh), I planned to explore the Werewolf's island and Durlag's Tower with Tiax, but it seems little Namara will have a REALLY adventurous childhood. Onwards then.

Er... actually both Xan and Branwen are well and hale in the beginning of BG2 - they are part of the SoA tutorial and serve Baldur's Gate Dukes. So if you do want plot consistency, those two at least should not be sacrificed to it.

Archived