Cleric's weapon proficiency

Guest Demivrgvs

Did a test run of this too. Handy having both American and English translations for the "Quadro-wield flagpole, cantalope, ironing board and earspoon" mod. ;) Is it possible to restrict the "Allow backstab with any weapon a mage/thief, etc. can use." to shorter non-blunt weapons? I have problems with quarterstaff-backstabbing mage/thieves. :\

Is it possible to segment it a little further? Like if I wanted to allow only cleric/rangers to use any weapon usable by rangers, or fighter/clerics any fighter weapons (this is already in Tweaks I believe, under the guise of a Yeslick component). Makes it more useful than the blanket restriction removal in Ashes of Embers. Ultimately, this could be added to Tweaks with the rest of the proficiency components (allowing mages to use clubs, etc.).

Is it possible to restrict the "Allow backstab with any weapon a mage/thief, etc. can use." to shorter non-blunt weapons? I have problems with quarterstaff-backstabbing mage/thieves. :\

Sure. Do want quarterstaves prohibited entirely, or a while-equipped effect that sets the backstab modifier to zero?

Is it possible to segment it a little further?

Yep.

Wow, this sounds like some sort of Ashes of Embers mk2 Plus Hyper Mega Zero Upper Tournement Editon.

Nythrun, if Azazello's marriage proposal falls through, I'd like to put myself forward as an alternative. I'll help you find your pills, you can be a SuperBitch to me, and I'll even let you call me Tom. I have my own suitcase and will travel.

You'd be far less kind if you knew me better, I think - but I'm just going to bask in the flattery while it lasts ;) Seriously, with the way this year's been going so far, that's just what the doctor ordered :D

I can implement it so that thieves just can't use quarterstaves at all or put points into the weapon type, or I can allow them to use them as normal but make them useless for backstabbing. The latter solution is not preferable for one-handed weapons in case someone wants to dual-wield them, but quarterstaves work either way ;)

The flattery is no less than you deserve. You've contributed so much considering you haven't been here long. I do hope your year gets better.

Will this mod work well with the Level 1 NPCs thingy you've also got going on?

I can implement it so that thieves just can't use quarterstaves at all or put points into the weapon type, or I can allow them to use them as normal but make them useless for backstabbing. The latter solution is not preferable for one-handed weapons in case someone wants to dual-wield them, but quarterstaves work either way :D
The latter then, for quarterstaves. I guess I could live with a thief being able to backstab with a mace or club, and just put it down to "getting the drop on someone," like with a blackjack. But quarterstaff backstabbing is pretty ridiculous. D0Tweak just puts a penalty on certain weapons, which also makes sense, so maybe make this optional. Or just skip it entirely if it's too much hassle. ;)

Definitely optional and no hassle unless you want something done with the item descriptions - in which case a lot would have to be invented. Items don't ever indicate whether they're suitable for backstab in the unmodded game, so I'm inclined to nothing vis-a-vis descriptions.

I'll revise this late today - and think about folding it into level 1 NPCs as an optional first component ;)

I'm inclined to nothing vis-a-vis descriptions.
Works for me.
I'll revise this late today - and think about folding it into level 1 NPCs as an optional first component :D
Also sounds good, for now. Even if it goes in Tweaks eventually, Tweaks is supposed to go in near last so if this were installed first, it wouldn't pick up the changes. ;)

Sorry, I didn't see your last post :)

I've only been maintaining the version that in the lvl1npcs mod - the one that's up has a minor error with druids that's fixed locally in the next release.

Unfortunately, I converted several thousand lines of code to use a new WeiDU 199 function for that release, and it doesn't work as anticipated (yet) - so the next release is really pending on my sitting down and redoing a vast and tedious swathe of code. I just haven't had the time.

It'll happen. Just not today - my apologies.

Archived