Adding BAMs via WeiDu

Yovaneth

Give me a day or so.... I've got half an idea where I can safely dump images to link to (same place as I've put the DLTCEP tutorials) but I did a PC rebuild last weekend and trashed the ftp login credentials :p I need to ask my SP what they are (again! - good job my SP is a friend and he thinks it's funny that I can never remember).

-Y-

@Miloch: yes, it is functional - it leads to a new area. I did it the easy way in Photoshop;

- extract ar0500

- cut out the main entry arch using polygonal lasso and 1 pixel feather

- put it into a new layer and scale to fit

- clone the cobbles into a new layer underneath the arch layer

- clone the original arch sidewall into another layer underneath the arch layer

- add shading as needed per layer

- flatten the image

- cut out a rectangular BAM area into a new image and discard the modified ar0500.

Doing it this way - especially the last step - means that the BAM will match exactly with the existing background. The only thing that ruins the illusion is if you arrive there in a hurry; then you can see the BAM start to overlay the background.

@Berelinde: could be interesting! - and a bit more realistic? The trigger is right up against the existing wall and given my experience of the fallen paladins, it's unlikely that one of them will actually hit it. If one does 'escape' by accident it won't take much to find him.

The disadvantage of having the trigger so close to the wall is that you get 'flattened nose' syndrome when the first party member arrives at the trigger and is hit from behind by another party member. In any other situation i.e. one where the trigger is laid out more conventionally, it would behave like any other standard Bioware exit.

-Y-

@Miloch: yes, it is functional - it leads to a new area. I did it the easy way in Photoshop;

- extract ar0500

- cut out the main entry arch using polygonal lasso and 1 pixel feather

- put it into a new layer and scale to fit

- clone the cobbles into a new layer underneath the arch layer

- clone the original arch sidewall into another layer underneath the arch layer

- add shading as needed per layer

- flatten the image

- cut out a rectangular BAM area into a new image and discard the modified ar0500.

Doing it this way - especially the last step - means that the BAM will match exactly with the existing background.

That's great. How about adding a topic to your excellent DLTCEP area creation tutorial? :p I might have to make use of that technique as I have (perhaps distant) plans to add some subareas to existing areas. :p

Mmmm.... problem is, it's more of a Weidu-thing than a DLTCEP-thing and graphics creation was out of my (self-imposed) remit anyway.

Cam (if you're reading this :p ), any idea where we can publicly save Nythrun's code?

-Y-

That really does look good :p

Thank you - I just hope no one else picks 'my' wall to mod!! :p For anyone that's interested, it's part of the same mod-in-progress that's been appearing in the DLTCEP tutorials. No release date yet and I don't want to show any screenshots etc until I'm into the tidying-up stage.

As we say over here: if you talk about it you'll put the scud on it.

-Y-

Archived