G3 Banner

Kulyok

Recently I've noticed that when I browse forums from work(where RSS feeds are not available) G3 threads load four or five times slower than PPG, CM or SS threads. It's quite unfortunate, since I remember the time when G3 forums were the fastest to load.

I think the problem is the banner - that large graphics bit at the top. I'm just hoping that if there are enough requests for it, like mine, it will be taken down, or an extra forum theme will be introduced, or something. It has really been a pain.

I'm sure Cam the Wizard can fix something that will let people load the forums without the banner.

I really love G3 banner because it's different every time it loads and would hate to have it gone completely :rant:

OTOH, you could use the time spent waiting for G3 to load to code up your TBH quests.

I really can't do the big one, I swear! I tried. :rant:

But the little ones, sure - I know Grim is coding at least one, so do let me know which ones are left.

Just change the skin. The banners only appear on the default skin, I think. G3 Old may do for you. I would like the banners to stay.

I'd love to, but it doesn't seem to be possible with the new layout and board settings. If it is, please tell me how to do it: I'll get rid of the thing gladly.

Just change the skin. The banners only appear on the default skin, I think. G3 Old may do for you. I would like the banners to stay.

I'd love to, but it doesn't seem to be possible with the new layout and board settings. If it is, please tell me how to do it: I'll get rid of the thing gladly.

At the bottom-left of every page on the forum is a pulldown menu with skin choices.

Archived