So Many Choices, So Few Proficiencies

EiriktheScald

Skald's start with only 2 proficiency slots  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks, St_Vitruvius. :p

One more description BAM for the helm, and we're not sure which to go with, so we'll put it to a vote (well an informal one anyway, unless Eirik wants to start a new poll :p):

eshelmc4.gifeshelmc1.gifeshelmd3.gifeshelmc2.gif

So which should Eirik wear, a, b, c or d (same helm, just different drawing effects)?

Er. Why don't you just draw it? :| Descriptions look a little out of place with real images in them...
Uh, we did draw them. In Photoshop/Paint Shop/what-have-you. Yeah, we used 'real images' as source material but so, who doesn't?

If you mean, "why didn't we draw them by hand, on paper, then scan that in to a BMP, then retouch that in PS, then import those into BAMs..." well that's a lot of work. :p More so than doing it all electronically, which is also a lot of work. And I'm not sure it would look much better, since it ultimately has to be translated into an electronic format one way or the other (and yeah, I've drawn graphics both ways in the past).

Anyhow, the question was which graphic do you like the best? If you dislike them all, that's fine, but one should be the worst and one should be bad but not-the-worst, and you could provide specific reasons for your opinion. :p

I'd actually say "a". It looks a lot more sketchy than the others, more in line with the kind of thing you get in the original game. Plus, it's directly facing us, which I believe all the helmets in the game do.

This is a new technique for both of us. And we are striving to give the description BAMs a more 'sketchy' feel to them. Miloch has been very flexible at my persistance to this end. I think the resulting items will reflect the effort he put into them. :p

"B" seems to have a *feel* - that is, I can almost feel its weight and texture in my hands. "C" and "D" are more blurry, and "A", while nice, looks more like a textbook picture - and I can imagine that juggling it around in my inventory will feel more artificial than it would with "B".

"B" seems to have a *feel* - that is, I can almost feel its weight and texture in my hands. "C" and "D" are more blurry, and "A", while nice, looks more like a textbook picture - and I can imagine that juggling it around in my inventory will feel more artificial than it would with "B".

Except that when I see photos on a piece of parchment, I'm no longer in some fantasy setting where cameras and scanners don't exist. It has the same effect as when Richard Collier finds his brand-new, shiny 1972 copper penny in his pocket :p (Somewhere In Time; nice movie btw, if you haven't seen it).

Archived