Ajantis...again

RavenBlack

Apologies to all in advance. I know this was posted before. I looked it up, and tried the solution listed in that thread, but it doesn't work. Whether it's just not the right one or if my ineptness with .tp2 files is rearing its' ugly head again, I don't know.

Attempting to install V.12B3, I get this error.

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'

Resource [_URLYLE1.DLG] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [bG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisAddLTs_PR.D]: Failure("resource [_URLYLE1.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

Stopping installation because of error.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)], rolling back to previous state

Just the regular download off the downloads page, right?

I know that you're an old hand at this sort of thing, but sometimes, we all try to install Tutu mods in the wrong directory.

Would you please check to make sure you are actually installing it in your Tutu directory? If you are an EasyTutu user, that would be your BaldursGateTutu directory. The auto-installer will try to dump it into your SoA as a default, but it's just showing that it isn't up with the times. You can just correct the path name using the browse function of the auto-installer.

Apologies if you have already done this, but everyone does it at least once, and some, *cough* once per installation.

Have you got ToSC?

Nope. That's the thing. I have no idea how to fix it so that it installs without bugging me about Durlyle and kicking me out. I tried editing the .tp2 with the fix posted some time ago, but all that gives me is a parsing error.

I think I see the problem. I think we're checking for a file prior to compiling it in one place, and then going ahead and compiling it anyway somewhere else.

Please give me a few more minutes to just double check everything, and then I'll PM you a link to a corrected tp2. I'd like you to move the existing BG1 NPC project tp2 out of your Tutu directory, move the downloaded one in, and try installing again.

Just be sure to move the old one out before you move the new one in, because they need to be named the same thing in order to work.

OK, it checks out. there are two lines switched in the tp2. Don't know how this happened. This is what *is* there now, but is incorrect:

/* AJANTIS ROMANCE */
BEGIN @476
 GROUP @388
 REQUIRE_FILE ~override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3~ @4
COPY ~BG1NPC/Core/X#component.xx~ ~override/X#AjantisRomance.G3~

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
 PRINT @627
 PRINT ~~
 /* dialogue */
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/X#AJROADD_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisAddLTs_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisIniFlirts_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisNPC_talks_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisBhaalLTs.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisDreamLTs.D~
END ELSE BEGIN /* BGT Versions */
 PRINT @626
 PRINT ~~
 /* dialogue */
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/X#AJROADD_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisAddLTs_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisIniFlirts_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisNPC_talks_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisBhaalLTs.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisDreamLTs.D~
END

/* ToSC only: */
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW1500.are~ THEN BEGIN // if Tutu/TotSC is installed
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisLTs_PR.D~
END ELSE BEGIN
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ AND NOT FILE_EXISTS ~FW1500.are~ THEN BEGIN
COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisAddLTs_PR_noToSC.D~
 END
END

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ARW500.are~ THEN BEGIN// if BGT/TotSC is installed
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisLTs_PR.D~
END ELSE BEGIN
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/BG1ARE.bif~ AND NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ARW500.are~ THEN BEGIN
COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisAddLTs_PR_noToSC.D~
 END
END

And this is what it *should* be there:

/* AJANTIS ROMANCE */
BEGIN @476
 GROUP @388
 REQUIRE_FILE ~override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3~ @4
COPY ~BG1NPC/Core/X#component.xx~ ~override/X#AjantisRomance.G3~

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
 PRINT @627
 PRINT ~~
 /* dialogue */
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/X#AJROADD_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisLTs_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisIniFlirts_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisNPC_talks_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisBhaalLTs.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisDreamLTs.D~
END ELSE BEGIN /* BGT Versions */
 PRINT @626
 PRINT ~~
 /* dialogue */
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/X#AJROADD_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisLTs_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisIniFlirts_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisNPC_talks_PR.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisBhaalLTs.D~
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisDreamLTs.D~
END

/* ToSC only: */
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW1500.are~ THEN BEGIN // if Tutu/TotSC is installed
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisAddLTs_PR.D~
END ELSE BEGIN
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ AND NOT FILE_EXISTS ~FW1500.are~ THEN BEGIN
COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase3/AJROM/DLG/AjantisAddLTs_PR_noToSC.D~
 END
END

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ARW500.are~ THEN BEGIN// if BGT/TotSC is installed
 COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisAddLTs_PR.D~
END ELSE BEGIN
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/BG1ARE.bif~ AND NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ARW500.are~ THEN BEGIN
COMPILE ~BG1NPC/BGT/DLG/AjantisAddLTs_PR_noToSC.D~
 END
END

Are you comfortable cutting and pasting the corrected code into the tp2 yourself? It occurs to me that my copy actually includes some material that isn't yet present in beta v 3, so it would not be terribly helpful for me to post it.

If you're wondering why this didn't show up in alpha-testing: we've all got ToSC.

connectivity is highly overrated (as is reality) ... and the answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything is 42 :rant: Repaired in master copy Tuesday January 23, 2007. (Or rather, berelinde's recode above matches my latest internal copy, so it got fixed earlier and I am confirming :))

Still on target for getting the next beta (or calling it a full version 12?) and transferring focus onto the documentation updates and supporting materials by January 31st 2007.

I just wanted to pop in and say Thank you to all that deal with and try to solve "Ajantis related problems" atm, as I have no internet access curently and only am online now and then from a public library (like now) and am not much of a help. OK, back on-topic. ???

Hey, that's nice of you, thank you!

I just got the information that it will take the company until the end of this month to perform the needed construction work, so I think April might be a good guess until I will have my telefone and internet back.

Thank god there are mobile phones.

Archived