Amber too impatient

Guest Morken

Its a bit unreasonable that she run off to look for her bracelet when I'm right next to Nick in the tavern, or Im actually inside the thieves guild looking for the fence who has the bracelet.

So, If she ran off, would she ever have come back? How would she raise the 1500gp? Silly girl. I had to reload and use the control-J teleport feature to make the time.

I posted to the MacInfinity forum, hoping that someone there could confirm that the Mac version installs properly. I know it should, but I'd like to know for sure. Unfortunately it seems that there isn't much traffic there. But as soon as I know that that the Mac version works (or I get too impatient :rant:), the new version is good to go.

The timers for the bracelet quest have been set to be considerably longer in the next version (2.4). :) They were indeed a bit tight.

MINOR SPOILER

They were at that. Is it possible to reset them using the cheat console?

I'm currently helping Nalia to fight trolls and I don't really want to backtrack for the bracelet. I'm sure Nalia has timers for her quest too and I want to complete both.

If she leaves on her own then you just have to wait 24 hours or so and she returns.

How much does it affect the rest of the game? If the only impact is a lost sub-quest, fine, but if Amber sulks or if it affects future quests I may have to cheat or backtrack (a lot - I accepted Nalia's quest well before finding Amber, but wanted to bring a thief - stupid!).

If she leaves on her own then you just have to wait 24 hours or so and she returns.

How much does it affect the rest of the game? If the only impact is a lost sub-quest, fine, but if Amber sulks or if it affects future quests I may have to cheat or backtrack (a lot - I accepted Nalia's quest well before finding Amber, but wanted to bring a thief - stupid!).

Besides the quest you'll lose the special store that we've added as a prize to the end of the quest, but the items in the store are more like 'cute and practical' than 'godly and powerful'. Amber won't think any less of you if you let her take care of her own business. ???

Besides the quest you'll lose the special store that we've added as a prize to the end of the quest, but the items in the store are more like 'cute and practical' than 'godly and powerful'. Amber won't think any less of you if you let her take care of her own business. :)

Now I speaking of that special store. I liked the book for rings. Only problem is the thing won't open. Even when you click on the button to open it. Now I can drop rings into it without opening it like the bags of holding and such. But once I do there gone.

Glad I had a saved game from Just before I got the bracelet. You might want to check this out. As for me I'm off to clean out some sewers. Hope it don't affect the mod any?. Maybe I'll wait and go torment bodhi the first time.<EG>

John

The mod made inventory containers don't work exactly like the original game's containers. You should still be able to open the container without problems, though.

Either by double left clicking the 'book of rings' or by opening the description screen (right click) and selecting the 'open container' option. With the first alternative the container will open directly and with the second you will be taken to a short dialogue screen and the container will open after you click 'end dialogue'. I just tested the item in my game and it seems to be working just like intended.

Archived