Multiclassing Kits?

Okay, I'm going to give a brief tutorial on multiclass kitting in shadowkeeper. This is going to be with a default kit. We're going to take a fighter/cleric and make them a beserker/cleric.

Assuming you have the mental faculties to install shadowkeeper properly, I'm going to get right tot he nitty gritty.

1. Get your character up.

This is easy enough-either open a savegame (multiplayer or singleplayer) and pick out the game with the character you want to edit, or you can import the character file (the thing the game creates when you 'export' a character ingame).

2. Click on the second-most-left tab 'Characteristics.

3. Find the bar next to 'Kit'

4. Bring down the menu by clicking on the down arrow next to the bar (which should say 'true class'.

5. Find 'Beserker' in the list.

6. Select it.

---------------

Okay, now you've made him a beserker/cleric, you'll be wanting to give him the ability 'Enrage'.

1. Find the tab called 'Innate' and select it.

2. Find 'Kit' in the new menus brought up. It's below the skill listings.

3. Click it, and a new window will appear.

4. Pick out the Beserker kit. Pick the levels on the right of the window. So for example, if it's a level 2/2 fighter/mage you'll want to set the levels from 1 to 2. Now click okay.

Now the skill 'enrage' should be listed in the skill list above 'Kit'.

Save the character/savegame and load 'em up.

---------

For custom kits it's the same principle. The only problem is the kit will be an unkow value. Don't panic, this isn't a problem. All it means is, you need to load up a character with the kit, and under 'Characteristics' click on the 'Set Value' button the opposite side to 'Kit'. There we be a number above 'Unkown Value'.

Copy the number, and then do as above. Only instead of selecting the kit from the list under 'Characteristics', go to 'Characteristics' and click on the same 'Set Value' button and paste the number into where the, er, number goes.

The custom kit should be listed when you come to assign innate abilites via the 'Kit' button under 'Innate'. I've checked this just now, and while the Song and Silence mod's 'Sharpshooter' kit isn't listed in the list of selectable kits under 'Characteristics' (It's an unkown value) it's listed in the 'Kit' window under Innate, along with all the others.

---------------------------------

And yes, Shadowkeeper lets you assign classes to races not usually allowed to be. It's VERY powerful tool.

Thanks, but can someone walk me though how to make a hellion/mage? Thanks!

If you want to create the kit, I'll help you out..

Just start by reading Cam's guide on how to create a kit.. It will make it a lot easier..

Then add me to your msn or send me and email, and I'll help you out..

Is it possible via scripting to make an elf or a dwarf into a paladin, sort of like the demipaladin from the Complete Paladin's Handbook?

I don't think you can make him an acctual paladin-class-character, as it's hardcoded into the game that demihumans cannot become Paladins.. You can, on the other hand, create a kit that simulates all the paladin specialabilities, I think.. Unless you use ShadowKeeper..

Argh, I made a new character through the pre-generate character screen, exported it, made it a neutral good, hellion/mage with the abilities up to the current level, loaded it, and it crashed when I tried to load it!

What'd I do wrong? It has no trouble loading in the character viewer, and I made the character originally as a fighter/mage.

Archived