Conflicting item abilities

Guest Guest_Dizzy_*

Guest Guest_Dizzy_*

Hi all! I'm using NI to add the dispel magic ability on hitting a target to Celestial Fury. However now it seems that while my dispelling effect works well, the original stun and extra electrical damage seems to be lost. I do note that i can see the graphic effect for both the stun and dispel ability. It there a conflict? Did the dispel magic dispel the stun and extra electrical damage ability? However when i dual wield the original celestial fury and a placebo magic dispelling katana, the effects seems cumalative, without negating one another. I also seems to suffer from the same problems for trying to add to the ring of free action an extra improved haste ability when worn...

Please advice or at least point me in the right direction to clear my noobyness! Cheers :p

The Haste and Free Action abilities will certainly cancel one another out. This also happens when a Ring of Free Action is added to a Hasted character. You should be able to edit the Free Action effects list so that it does not protect against Haste.

As to the dispelling sword, I'm not too sure, but it does sound like the dispel effect is changing things. See if you can alter the effect to make it like Remove Magic (so only against enemies) and see if that fixes things.

The Haste and Free Action abilities will certainly cancel one another out. This also happens when a Ring of Free Action is added to a Hasted character. You should be able to edit the Free Action effects list so that it does not protect against Haste.

As to the dispelling sword, I'm not too sure, but it does sound like the dispel effect is changing things. See if you can alter the effect to make it like Remove Magic (so only against enemies) and see if that fixes things.

How do you edit the free action effects on the ring? Where in the program is this?

Archived