Best scripts for work with Tutu?

Downs Duck

As long as you remember where it goes, it should be all right. I know that Macready set it up so that you couldn't install Easy Tutu into the same directory as either your BG1 game or your BG2 game, but after that, my eyes glaze.

*shuffles off to look for some coffee*

For folks looking at third-party (?) scripts, I do know that the only ones tested compatible with Tutu are listed in that State of the Tutu Modding Union thread above. There are some missing (Blucher had some good ones back in the day, and I have seen several others floating around).

While it would be cool for folks to test out new additions to the list, I *STRONGLY* suggest/beg/wail "please research on the forums you frequent before testing them out!!!"

There is room for disagreement and totally different approaches in any community, but researching the posts will tell you alot about the goals and reactions to the particular set you are looking at using. This will save you frustration!

Those scripts don't really appear to be AI scripts anyhow - for the most part they add features you'll find in the BG2 Tweak Pack (also Tutu compatible). For AI scripts, I would recommend at least Yovaneth's, since he has tested them recently in Tutu and reported no problems. I know there were some slowdown remorts with eSeries and gMinion in Tutu. If you experience any quirks with them, please report. :p Installing them shouldn't cause problems though - just don't use the scripts or uninstall if necessary.

After running PnP clerics for 30 years, I felt qualified to glance at the cleric script. It is intended to be an AI script, and that is *all* I will say about it.

I would recommend trying the scripts Miloch recommends. Unless you're running on an older machine, eSeries will probably be just fine.

It is intended to be an AI script, and that is *all* I will say about it.
Are you talking about 'SuperScriptBG2'? I guess I didn't see those at first. The other things appear to be either compilers or existing Tweaks (or perhaps cheats).

Can I say ROFL?

Anyway, S.u.p.e.r.S.c.r.i.p.t.s are roughly based on another serie of scripts (one of the first ones made, can't recall which one, probably Blutcher's), and the editing process is similar to the one the food you eat undergoes while passing through your body. As I recall, there were long sections of code which was identical between the two, save for the modder prefix being changed. However, long streaks of code was added for automatic item/lock/trap picking, using items' abilities via cheating, etc.

Selecting the scripts for one of your characters would cause any brand-new computer of the era (mid 2004) to slow to some FPS, because the scripts were several MB in size each (and not very optimized performance-wise). I can't recall how they performed at killing enemies, but I'd assume that they sucked big time despise being, in places, a carbon-copy of another script. And, of course, when they were made, Tutu was in the early stages and not very popular, so it wasn't supported (and even so, it's not like the author would even consider doing so).

Talking about the author, he was the head of an Yahoo group dedicated to player scripts. He was soon banned from all forums for spamming and generic trolling. Over time, he wrote AI scripts for BG1 in the same way as the BG2 ones (= copying other people's scripts and then claiming the copying was done the other way around), got banned from another Yahoo group (IEEAIS, dedicated to enemies scripts), got subsequently set as the owner of IEEAIS (from where he banned all the then-active RtW team), trolled some more, and finally got his groups deleted from Yahoo because he spammed Bioware's email accounts with invitations to his groups.

If you want to see some of the action, I have a nice archive with some emails he wrote me, or you can search on the alt.games.baldurs-gate newsgroup for his account, m.p.r.i.l.l.a@aol.com (without the dots).

The beer recipe didn't sound bad, if you could get through the instructions. I'd probably prefer a different kind of hops, but that's just me. It's actually more of a melomel, since it's more or less half honey, but that's a judgement call.

I sincerely hope he's giving that away, because beer doesn't mix well with the meds I hope he's on.

Shutting up now.

Archived