Best scripts for work with Tutu?

Downs Duck

In fear and superstitious dread of speaking a name 3 times and summoning an unwanted presence, I am casting as many protection spells as I can and throwing salt over my shoulder and generally sketching Glyphs of Warding everywhere - good history stuff, and warnings given all around, all appreciated -

now let's go back to the regular scripts topic, pretty please? I love this place, and remember all too painfully watching stuff on all my favorite SciFi and Fantasy gaming boards go to heck in a handbasket with the flamewars created by m - I love this place, and would prefer not to introduce Nasgul into the Shire.

I will go check out Blucher's stuff (I have some backed up somewhere), and get back to everyone.

Well, I am going to summarize here now.

1. Compatibility issues

It seems these scripts for BG1 and BG2 are not perfectly combined with Tutu:

eScripts

sgScripts

gMinions(?) - not sure about gMinions, can anyone check?

2. Specified problem by Miloch:

The scripts do not have a underscore before the resources.

- The scripts are written to use potions like this: Potion20

- The resources in Tutu refers to that potion like this: _Potion20

3. Contacting Yovaneth

I have posted about this on the SHS forum, but no answer from Yovaneth as of yet:

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.p...281&t=24448

4. Grunt work

I would be happy to do some grunt work to make these scripts work for Tutu, if someone would only help me get started (e.g. direct me to a tool, resource, readme so I can rename the resources).

5. We could then have:

eScripts for BG Tutu (with all the underscores)

eScripts for BG 1 Vanilla

eScripts for BG 2

sgScripts for BG Tutu (with all the underscores)

sgScripts for BG 1 vanilla

sgScripts for BG 2

gMinions should be tested first, to see if there is a problem with these as well.

Suggestions?

3. Contacting Yovaneth

I have posted about this on the SHS forum, but no answer from Yovaneth as of yet:

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.p...281&t=24448

Yovaneth is a BGT guy, not a Tutu guy; even if he were, if you start whining in random directions at all the community because you require that a small something be fixed like you're doing right now (or you're doing in the Kobolds thread), you can't really expect somebody to pick such a boring project something just to satisfy Random Annoying Newbie #1231231254125. If you want something done, your best bet is to do it yourself (nobody minds if you do this for yourself, and if you want to publish then the original author will usually be glad to give his blessing).

In the script mod directory, open the script source code (one or more *.baf files) using either Notepad or ConTEXT and start reading it. If by reading the code you can guess what it's doing (just getting a vague idea, not being able to pick up all small details), then most likely you'll be able to tweak it for Tutu usage.

Also: gMinion is a script for summoned creatures (IIRC complementing eSeries), not for player characters.

Archived