Teh fixpack

devSin

Some stuff I found a couple months ago when I went to sync my work with the latest fixpack. There are other issues, but this is all I can stand to write up at the moment. Ask if something doesn't make sense.

@103 = ~ You've made a fatal error in judgement!~ [SILVER19]

-> judgment

@106 = ~This is a vicious weapon used by Neb is covered with old blood.  Only the truly evil would dare to use this item on their own.  The poison has been used up, and the dagger is now a normal enchanted dagger.

-> Neb and is (or similar)

@139 ... Proficiency Type: Flail/Morningstar

-> /Morning Star

@142 = ~This cell appears to be where the umberhulks gained entrance to the castle. Several stew pots lie in the tunnel area directly behind the cell, which seems to be their feeding area.~

-> umber hulks

COPY_EXISTING ~CLABBA04.2DA~ ~override~

Why don't we just fix SPCL541 instead of changing the CLAB?

COPY_EXISTING ~MXSPLBRD.2da~ ~override~

What is the problem with the table? Both versions match their respective manuals, and for ToB, we're changing the level where the fourth spell is first granted and completely removing the fifth spell at the highest levels?

~bg2fixpack/copy/worldmap.wmp~ ~override~ // fixed soa worldmap

Is this WMP OK? My NI just barfed when trying to display it (the ToB version loaded fine).

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY %CreateVisualEffectObject("SPSTRENH","OilDoor")% %CreateVisualEffectObject("SPSTRENH","Door07")%

This is just leftover; there was a previous implementation where you had to walk to the door before the rod would combine and the door would open. I don't think we should be changing this.

COPY_EXISTING ~aerie.BCS~ ~override~

I don't see how any of the Haer'Dalis stuff is a bugfix; it looks like it's just making it so that his romance doesn't break the player's romance.

EXTEND_TOP ~aerie.bcs~ ~bg2fixpack/baf/AERIE.baf~

I couldn't find any bug with this; the script just looks to keep Aerie from taking off if Korgan's in the party.

COPY_EXISTING ~viconia.BCS~ ~override~

Again, I didn't see any bug with the ViconiaKeldornFight; I think this patch is just disabling their battle entirely.

COPY_EXISTING ~jahe25.BCS~ ~override~

I thought about this for a while; the only bug I can see with the original script is that the romance could fire if the SoA romance was killed very late in the game (where LoveTalk is greater than 50). Since it looks intentional that BioWare wanted the romance to continue even if you didn't finish it, I think the right thing to do is to simply append !Global("JRActive",0) !Global("JRActive",3) to the trigger list (rather than forcing Global("JRActive",2))?

COPY_EXISTING ~ar1401.bcs~ ~override~

I don't like the way we're doing this; the statue has dialogue after the shade lord is defeated, but it's never accessible after installing the fixpack (I get away with it because I run the code from the statue's dialogue).

COPY_EXISTING ~c6bweak.bcs~ ~override~

Let's TakeItemReplace() some other min HP item instead of BELT01 just to reduce the chance that she dies in that fraction of second.

~ar0509.are~ ~override~ //Five Flagons, ground floor
~ar0510.are~ ~override~ //Five Flagons, theater
~ar0511.are~ ~override~ //Five Flagons, second floor
~ar0522.are~ ~override~ //Five Flagons, ground floor (stronghold)
~ar0523.are~ ~override~ //Five Flagons, theater (stronghold)

Some of the scripting for the bard stronghold depends on a couple of the FF areas having the city flag; I suggest we not remove the city flag for now (I always put this on the back burner, and I haven't yet been able to come up with a good solution).

// giant weapons get damage v small people bonuses

These need to be global/equipped effects (the penalties are applied to the wielder, not to the target).

There's a whole chunk where we're setting the wrong flags for item usability and some other turds laying around. I used some clever search/replace to basically PATCH_IF (fixpack patch doesn't match mine) and PATCH_PRINT the differences, but I didn't save it after I was done, and I'd have to spend the whole day going through everything to find the issues again.

I should have done it months ago, but I heard v2 was near, so I waited until the last possible second. :D

In my defense, I made a comment about "judgement" ages ago, and I can't count the times I've tried to get you to correct the GIANT EFFs.

A couple of these are easy enough with a glance, the rest I'll have to look at closer.

Strings are fixed.

COPY_EXISTING ~CLABBA04.2DA~ ~override~

Why don't we just fix SPCL541 instead of changing the CLAB?

Baldurdash fixed it this way. Since it's fixed either way, the fix works, and this is less of a transition issue (not that I think anything will happen), there we go.

COPY_EXISTING ~MXSPLBRD.2da~ ~override~

What is the problem with the table? Both versions match their respective manuals, and for ToB, we're changing the level where the fourth spell is first granted and completely removing the fifth spell at the highest levels?

Bug. This is a fix for SoA games, but we shouldn't be touching this table for ToB.

~bg2fixpack/copy/worldmap.wmp~ ~override~ // fixed soa worldmap

Is this WMP OK? My NI just barfed when trying to display it (the ToB version loaded fine).

AFAIK, yes. KD's fixes were, I believe, the last issues with the SoA map. I'm waiting on his reply to see if there's anything we need to address for the ToB map.

// transitions which need 'party required' flags

We shouldn't touch AR2000<->AR2008. My checker dumped these because there's dual trans -- the normal (not-auto-save) and the Mazzy quest trans. Only the Mazzy trans should be auto-save, and I believe it already is by default.

There are a few other trans/orientation issues, but I just can't go through that patch. I can't do it. :(

Baldurdash fixed it this way. Since it's fixed either way, the fix works, and this is less of a transition issue (not that I think anything will happen), there we go.
Yeah, I think this came up because we're patching SPCL541 in the beta core fixes (and I looked and said WTF).

Nothing else immediately jumps out at me, so I guess that's all I'm going to cover for now.

I think I caught a lot of the usability stuff with v1, because I remember correcting a number of BOR/BAND issues. Was this with v1 or one of the betas?
With v1 (I think). I didn't start the comparison until some time in November. I believe it was some place where we're setting or removing the wizard slayer or one of those kit flags.

EDIT: Yeah, it was definitely v1.

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY %CreateVisualEffectObject("SPSTRENH","OilDoor")% %CreateVisualEffectObject("SPSTRENH","Door07")%

This is just leftover; there was a previous implementation where you had to walk to the door before the rod would combine and the door would open. I don't think we should be changing this.

Dropped.

COPY_EXISTING ~aerie.BCS~ ~override~

I don't see how any of the Haer'Dalis stuff is a bugfix; it looks like it's just making it so that his romance doesn't break the player's romance.

EXTEND_TOP ~aerie.bcs~ ~bg2fixpack/baf/AERIE.baf~

I couldn't find any bug with this; the script just looks to keep Aerie from taking off if Korgan's in the party.

COPY_EXISTING ~viconia.BCS~ ~override~

Again, I didn't see any bug with the ViconiaKeldornFight; I think this patch is just disabling their battle entirely.

COPY_EXISTING ~jahe25.BCS~ ~override~

I thought about this for a while; the only bug I can see with the original script is that the romance could fire if the SoA romance was killed very late in the game (where LoveTalk is greater than 50). Since it looks intentional that BioWare wanted the romance to continue even if you didn't finish it, I think the right thing to do is to simply append !Global("JRActive",0) !Global("JRActive",3) to the trigger list (rather than forcing Global("JRActive",2))?

Yeah, thanks for bringing these up. Wes had a different opinion of "fix" here. Aerie and Viconia are dropped; for Jaheira we're now just adding the !0 !3 checks to the top of the trigger so now it'll only continue if JRA=2 or (JRA=1 and LT > 50).

COPY_EXISTING ~ar1401.bcs~ ~override~

I don't like the way we're doing this; the statue has dialogue after the shade lord is defeated, but it's never accessible after installing the fixpack (I get away with it because I run the code from the statue's dialogue).

Do you move the DestroySelf to the dialogue? How about the container en/disables?

COPY_EXISTING ~c6bweak.bcs~ ~override~

Let's TakeItemReplace() some other min HP item instead of BELT01 just to reduce the chance that she dies in that fraction of second.

monhp1 work for you?

~ar0509.are~ ~override~ //Five Flagons, ground floor
~ar0510.are~ ~override~ //Five Flagons, theater
~ar0511.are~ ~override~ //Five Flagons, second floor
~ar0522.are~ ~override~ //Five Flagons, ground floor (stronghold)
~ar0523.are~ ~override~ //Five Flagons, theater (stronghold)

Some of the scripting for the bard stronghold depends on a couple of the FF areas having the city flag; I suggest we not remove the city flag for now (I always put this on the back burner, and I haven't yet been able to come up with a good solution).

I'll post a thread in pending as a reminder.

// giant weapons get damage v small people bonuses

These need to be global/equipped effects (the penalties are applied to the wielder, not to the target).

Awright already, this is fixed. :p

// transitions which need 'party required' flags

We shouldn't touch AR2000AR2008. My checker dumped these because there's dual trans -- the normal (not-auto-save) and the Mazzy quest trans. Only the Mazzy trans should be auto-save, and I believe it already is by default.

Both the ar2008 > ar2000 have the 'can not be passed by NPC' flags, but not the reverse. The 'b' transition (Mazzy quest) has 'party required' flags in both directions. I think we should probably be adding the impassable by NPC flags to make the transitions consistent at least.

Checking the usability stuff now.

Usability goodies...

• Brine Potion was being made unusable by kensais instead of wizard slayers
  • The usable-by-cavalier batch was instead removing the inquisitor flag (affected Corthala Family Blade, Protection from Electricity and Pierce Shield mage scrolls). In all three cases, these are redundant flags so there's really no actual in-game effect.
  • One drow piwafi cloak was being made unusable to beast masters. They both should be usable by beast masters.
  • Mordenkainen's Sword scroll is supposed to be unusable by diviners.

Otherwise, everything is matching the docs. If the changes in the docs aren't the changes we should be making, let us know.

Do you move the DestroySelf to the dialogue? How about the container en/disables?
I do the disable from the script (probably the same as we do now; the same block with the trans setup). My dialogue for the statue
IF ~Dead("SHADEL")
Dead("SHALT01")~ 19
SAY #43829
IF ~~ DO ~DialogueInterrupt(0)
ContainerEnable("CONTAINER2",1)
CreateVisualEffect("SPHOLY",[861.283])
SetInterrupt(0)
Wait(1)
DestroySelf()~ EXIT
END

so you have to talk to it to get the "reward." The interrupts are just convention and the visual effect is just polish, but I only destroy the statue after it's been spoken to and congratulates you for striking a blow injesusname.

monhp1 work for you?
Sure.

Both the ar2008 > ar2000 have the 'can not be passed by NPC' flags, but not the reverse. The 'b' transition (Mazzy quest) has 'party required' flags in both directions. I think we should probably be adding the impassable by NPC flags to make the transitions consistent at least.
The party req is the only thing I wouldn't change (the non-Mazzy trans don't need autosaves). It's actually important to mark these impassable since NPCs can pass even inactive trans (meaning the peasants can disappear into the Mazzy version forever). This turned out to be a fat (conceptual) issue; we're making Mae'var's guild impassable, for instance, but now Celvan/beggars/enemies are just going to escape into the stronghold guild (since we're not marking those trans) even though they're inactive (and who knows if you'll ever be able to see them again).
[*]Brine Potion was being made unusable by kensais instead of wizard slayers
I'm not sure we want to do this? There's nothing about the potion that suggests that it's magical, and I don't think the wizard slayer is restricted from consuming illithid love juice (regardless of the beneficial properties it happens to convey)?
[*]Brine Potion was being made unusable by kensais instead of wizard slayers
I'm not sure we want to do this? There's nothing about the potion that suggests that it's magical, and I don't think the wizard slayer is restricted from consuming illithid love juice (regardless of the beneficial properties it happens to convey)?

Another incorrect Baldurdash import. Agreed, Wizard Slayers should be able to use, and we need to roll back the GTU string that changes.

All of this is corrected and ready for v2.

Archived