I'm just a sad starter

Bardess

You may do it via area script(DestroySelf() command is your friend), but it might be another modder's quest-giver, so it may cause incompatibilities with other (NPC) mods.

I've been thinking of various possibilities myself (if there indeed are any). I could make a backup area script file, just in case someone has a mod in which beggars give you quests installed :p . Anyway, I'd have to destroy three beggars and then create two (I don't need the Docks completely cleansed of beggars).

It's just a bit stupid that there would be a beggar standing near the place where a man has just been killed and not saying anything about it. Then again, I wouldn't want all the beggars in the area to talk about that. I might as well add a line that says the beggar is asleep on his feet, but in that case, I'd like to make him stop walking around! How can that be done? Is that in his script?

What exactly do I need to do to deactivate the beggars? :p

Also, what could have gone wrong if the lines I choose in a dialogue also get marked as an NPC's lines, so now he adresses me as boy although my PC is female? :p It's in his script to initiate dialogue with the nearest PC, and he does so when I approach, but the numbers of my given replies are also shown in the colour of his clothing! For God's sake, he's talking to himself! :D

I've read that post several times, but it still doesn't make much sense.

You can read up on Deactivate() in the IESDP, but your best bet is to look at mods that use it.

As for the rest, maybe if you broke it down into individual issues?

What exactly do I need to do to deactivate the beggars? :p

Ah, I'm sorry that I was too vague.

125 Deactivate(O:Object*)

Is used to modify the appearance state of an actor in an ARE file. By using Deactivate(), the actor's information will remain in the area, but the player will be unable to see or interact with this actor.

Example:

For Amber's quest I deactivate the prison keeper so that he doesn't get killed if the player decides to use force in freeing Amber.

IF
Global("M#PrisonKDeact","AR1005",0)
!Dead("prisonk1")	
GlobalGT("M#AmberRescue","GLOBAL",0)
GlobalLT("M#AmberRescue","GLOBAL",7)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Deactivate("prisonk1")
SetGlobal("M#PrisonKDeact","AR1005",1)		
END

When Amber's quest is over I activate the prison keeper again and destroy the guard I put on his place:

IF
Global("M#PrisonKDeact","AR1005",1)
!Dead("prisonk1")
OR(2)
  Global("M#AmberRescue","GLOBAL",0)
  Global("M#AmberRescue","GLOBAL",7)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Activate("prisonk1")
SetGlobal("M#PrisonKDeact","AR1005",2)
ActionOverride("m#maxtg",DestroySelf())
SetGlobal("M#MaxTGSpawn","AR1005",2)
END

Also, what could have gone wrong if the lines I choose in a dialogue also get marked as an NPC's lines, so now he adresses me as boy although my PC is female? :p It's in his script to initiate dialogue with the nearest PC, and he does so when I approach, but the numbers of my given replies are also shown in the colour of his clothing! For God's sake, he's talking to himself! :p

It might help if you posted both the script and the piece of dialogue in question here.

Um, the dialogue has now been fixed. But beggars would need a DV for deactivation? I don't have to deactivate them, but it might come in handy knowing how that is done :p

Yes... And before checking I didn't t realise that they don't have one. I thought that the PCs were only ones without DVs. :p

Archived