Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

Ok, I got my answer on why the install program could not find some system files, it was just looking for BGT, which I do not have installed.

@ Miloch:

I have not installed the worldmap as of yet. I have installed EasyTutu, with the following WeiDU log of mods:

EDIT 2: Deleted boring Log

Just give me some info on the WorldMap if you like, later on, whether I should install it or not, and if so, which version.

EDIT 1: This is going slooooooooow. Suspect it is my computer, not the mods.

The game is lagging profoundly, it gets even worse when other characters join my party (of course).

For those interested in commenting, here are the specs:

Windows XP Home Edition

Pentium 4 - 2,53Ghz

512 MB SDRAM

NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4200 (with latest drivers)

The lags i think they come from the scripts installed or the ''smarter'' components from SCS. Both of them are giving me lags when i installed them.

Another option is to turn off the ambient sound in the areas with many water(i find out of these one on PocketPlaneGroup), this can give lags to.

Edit

Are you going to add this mod The Stone of Askavar version 1.2 to the list?

The mods installs corectly(if i remeber well) on EasyTutu and i finished half of the mod(i don't seems to find the "Wood of Sharp Theet"). :p

@cMorgan:

I ran the 4.1 TutuFix v.17 just now.

Just not to confuse people:

Could you change the order under number 4.1 TutuFix?

This is the order for the install as it should be:

Restored BG Loadscreens

BG2 Ammo Stacks

Balanced Totemic Druid Spirit Summons

BG1 Summoning Spells

Walking Speeds (in yellow/orange of course)

Hooded unarmoured avatars and hooded bards

I did NOT get the query of "Remove Spells That Weren't In BG2".

Maybe I have done something wrong?

EDIT: spelling

cmorgan edit 01/28/2007 - fixed order of components. "Remove Spells That Weren't In BG2" - confirmed that Tutufix v17 has the component. Perhaps Macready can pull this out of Tutufix, or see what the crash is? I bet it is scripts looking for nonexistent resources...)

Is it also possible, to avoid all questions from people on which 7. Quest Mods are compatible, to list them as red?

For instance Baldurs Gate Unfinished Business, Darkside of the Sword Coast etc.

EDIT: I can't spell for human excrement.

EDIT 2: Replaced bad word with better ones

Do you mean to request that incompatible mods be listed as red?

It is my understanding that is what is being done. AFAIK, DSotSC is not intended for a Tutu installation at all, so listing it as red might indicate that further evaluation is needed, when this isn't the case.

Generally, mods listed as red are those that either haven't yet been evaluated as Tutu compatible or are intended for Tutu but require some work to be compatible. In the case of Unfinished Business for Baldur's Gate, it is perfectly compatible with Tutu, but not 100% compatible with BG1 NPC Project. If it were up to me, and it is not, I would list it as yellow, because it does work just fine on installations that do not include BG1 NPC, and at present, it is possible to have both on the installation depending on installation order and component selection. So it works, but needs some careful planning to do so.

EDIT: This is going slooooooooow. Suspect it is my computer, not the mods. The game is lagging profoundly, it gets even worse when other characters join my party (of course).
Are you using any of the scripts? Try turning the AI lantern off (bottom right icon). Like I said, you might also try uninstalling gminion and eseries if you're getting this. But it really shouldn't be that slow. I've stacked almost all those mods on a much slower computer (like a P2 700Mhz) and only SCSv3 really caused lag.
The lags i think they come from the scripts installed or the ''smarter'' components from SCS. Both of them are giving me lags when i installed them.
That should be fixed in the latest version (v4). And it was only the Smarter Mages component that caused lag in the last version, not Smarter Priests. How fast is your system?
Yes, it should be added (the Tutu version is brand new).
I did NOT get the query of "Remove Spells That Weren't In BG2".
That might have been removed in the latest Tutufix, or it might be skipped with EasyTutu. @cmorgan - do you remember where you got this from?
Is it also possible, to avoid all questions from people on which 7. Quest Mods are compatible, to list them as red?
What we probably want to do once we can enable tables is list the BG1 mods. Like Dark Side of the Sword Coast would have a check in the BG1 and BGT columns (the Tutu version is pending). I suspect cmorgan will add BG1UB once he finishes his research into which components won't conflict.
Do you mean to request that incompatible mods be listed as red?

It is my understanding that is what is being done. AFAIK, DSotSC is not intended for a Tutu installation at all, so listing it as red might indicate that further evaluation is needed, when this isn't the case.

Generally, mods listed as red are those that either haven't yet been evaluated as Tutu compatible or are intended for Tutu but require some work to be compatible. In the case of Unfinished Business for Baldur's Gate, it is perfectly compatible with Tutu, but not 100% compatible with BG1 NPC Project. If it were up to me, and it is not, I would list it as yellow, because it does work just fine on installations that do not include BG1 NPC, and at present, it is possible to have both on the installation depending on installation order and component selection. So it works, but needs some careful planning to do so.

I totally agree, on everything.

Are you using any of the scripts? Try turning the AI lantern off (bottom right icon). Like I said, you might also try uninstalling gminion and eseries if you're getting this. But it really shouldn't be that slow. I've stacked almost all those mods on a much slower computer (like a P2 700Mhz) and only SCSv3 really caused lag.

It seems that scs was the scoundrel in this case. I have not installed it yet as I am a coward (and this being my fourth install of EasyTutu...)

The game is NOT lagging now, I have installed everything as before, except for scs and random spawn and the gui.

What we probably want to do once we can enable tables is list the BG1 mods. Like Dark Side of the Sword Coast would have a check in the BG1 and BGT columns (the Tutu version is pending). I suspect cmorgan will add BG1UB once he finishes his research into which components won't conflict.

Sounds good.

Another option is to turn off the ambient sound in the areas with many water(i find out of these one on PocketPlaneGroup), this can give lags to.

You might also want to turn off character movement sounds.That helps, believe me.

Edit

The mods installs corectly(if i remeber well) on EasyTutu and i finished half of the mod(i don't seems to find the "Wood of Sharp Theet"). :p

You are likely to find that the Wood of Sharp Teeth is Peldvale and Larswood.

Hmmm. It seems there is a Tutu mod I haven't tried. All right, I knew about it already, but I haven't changed my install lately. Must add it to my list!

You might also want to turn off character movement sounds.That helps, believe me.

Helped a little but not too much...

About the scripts, both eSeries and sgSeries:

It really bothers me that the scripts does not do what the uScript did:

Use stuff that they have in their quickslots.

That was a luxury, make no mistake. It seems the scripts are "saving" them for better usage later, when that time comes, I may never know. Because I will be dead by then, with a basket full of Healing Potions by my side.

"No, it is NOT a trick Xzar. USE the goddamn potion that I have firmly given you, and placed carefully in your hands to use. Don't hog it , believing it is better to die from kobold arrows, than to face my would-be wrath for you using all the potions in your quickslots. If its in your quickslot, it should be yours to use, you inbred mage" (although if you do not need it yourself and your companion seems to die beside you any moment, I suggest you give it to him."

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showtopic=19401

Feature: *Potion passing in combat.

Not to be a human reproductive organ but...potion passing my behind.

My mage is hugging a case of Healing Potions all to himself, Max HP-healthy and smiling, while his companion, not 1 feet away, is suffering a heart attack causes by the swords and arrows sticking out of his chest.

Anyone but me think its irritating that when you assign a thief script to your thief, and want your party to travel a long distance on the local map, the thief hides in shadows (as he should), but stops walking in the process?

"I want you over here, Imoen, you imbecile. Hide, but continue walking after you've finished hiding, darn it!"

-Angry protagonist-

Also, when a character goes to pick up some items on the ground (I click the loot after a killed person), the "case" with the items (on the bottom of the screen, where party formations/quickslots is at also) shows for 1/10 second, and goes away (showing the party formation/quickslots).

I have to move away from the loot and press the loot again. Then the "case" is there and I can pick up items and put them in my inventory. I suspect this is also from the thief hiding, but I haven't figured it out yet.

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showtopic=19401

Feature: *A certain amount of self-preservation by the characters when badly hurt!

Nope.

I am seeing unarmoured mages with 2 hitpoints, still lashing away at the enemy, WITH A DAGGER MIND YOU, not using his spells, without a care in the world. Until he gets that Xvarts sword up his butt maybe?

"How about running away and cast that 'agic 'issile of yours from a safe distance, you twat?"

-Angry protagonist-

EDIT: vvvvv I try, Bursk, I try :p

EDIT 2: Created new post in the General Mod Discussion, for some answers :p

EDIT 3: Replaced all bad words with better ones.

BG1 UB works just fine with Tutu. It's just an issue with one commonly installed Tutu mod.
Nah... no one installs BG1NPC, do they? :p BG1UB has some wrinkles to iron out - this is its first Tutu release after all. Anyhow, it's up to cmorgan on both accounts (he's investigating it and maintaining this thread).
The game is NOT lagging now, I have installed everything as before, except for scs and random spawn and the gui.
Did you install the latest SCS v4? You should be fine installing every component *except* Smarter Mages. That one's the killer. And if it is slowing you down, you may want to report it on the SCS forum (the author asked if this is still happening in v4 and as yet hasn't had any reports of it). It is a great mod though, even if you have to live without that one component.
I was wondering if anyone know if uScript is compatible with Tutu?
The main reason it might not work fully is because it uses BG2 resource names for potions, etc. Tutu uses different resources. But in theory it should work for the spells and abilities - you could always test it. :p This *might* also be the reason the other scripts aren't using quick slot items (if they're designed to do so). It'd be easy to make them Tutu compatible - it'd just be a matter of kicking the authors' arses... uh, asking them politely if they'd add Tutu compatibility or mind if someone else did. :D Yovaneth at least is still around - I'm sure he'd look into it if you reported on his forum.

Archived