Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

The lags i think they come from the scripts installed or the ''smarter'' components from SCS. Both of them are giving me lags when i installed them.
That should be fixed in the latest version (v4). And it was only the Smarter Mages component that caused lag in the last version, not Smarter Priests. How fast is your system?

I have a P2 350 Mhz.It's must be my system.

The lags i think they come from the scripts installed or the ''smarter'' components from SCS. Both of them are giving me lags when i installed them.

Another option is to turn off the ambient sound in the areas with many water(i find out of these one on PocketPlaneGroup), this can give lags to.

You might also want to turn off character movement sounds.That helps, believe me.

Good to know. :p

You are likely to find that the Wood of Sharp Teeth is Peldvale and Larswood.

Now i can finish the quest. :p

I need some handholding on the AoE changes - perhaps this is fixed by one component of AoE being installed, then others being installed later in the order? I know that was the easy fix for Walking Speeds (before we stopped using it because it caused all sorts of oddities with spell use amd movement modification). You would install Tutufix, skip that component, and then install WalkingSpeeds.

Or, of course, each mod that adds items could set up a "make this AoE compliant" section, but while I am perfectly willing to do this for BG1 NPC as an optional component, it involves everyone revamping their older mods (not a good thing for people who want to play now!).

I need some handholding on the AoE changes - perhaps this is fixed by one component of AoE being installed, then others being installed later in the order?
I'm thinking AoE should just be moved to be first in the Items Mods section. The fact it has kits and other content probably isn't a big deal - so does Song & Silence. But AoE changes all weapons hardcoded, so it doesn't change weapons added by mods - that's why S&S has to check for it.

The 'cleric proficiencies' code on the other hand (kind of a misnomer, it could be extended to all classes and weapons) does something similar only via regexp. So it should be installed after other mods that add items to affect those items (so Tweaks would be a good place for it). If this becomes a legitimate part of a mod, I wouldn't worry about coding support for AoE into something like BG1NPC. Just my tuppence :p.

The main reason it might not work fully is because it uses BG2 resource names for potions, etc. Tutu uses different resources. But in theory it should work for the spells and abilities - you could always test it. wink.gif This *might* also be the reason the other scripts aren't using quick slot items (if they're designed to do so). It'd be easy to make them Tutu compatible - it'd just be a matter of kicking the authors' arses... uh, asking them politely if they'd add Tutu compatibility or mind if someone else did. biggrin.gif Yovaneth at least is still around - I'm sure he'd look into it if you reported on his forum.

Have started a new topic on this on SHS: http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.p...c=24448&st=

Lets see if Yovaneth is up to the task, especially since I, the newcomer idiot, is complaining on his other scripts :p

EDIT:

Changed my pathetic request for Yovaneth in the SHS forums, saying he do not have to bother, I will look into it myself.

Spell System Adjustments mod installs corectly and is working as it should. I tested a little bit. :p

I think it should be installed after mods that add spells.

Linky?

iiSpell System Adjustments mod links:

Forum: http://www.teambg.eu/forum/index.php?board=24.0

Readme: http://www.teambg.eu/forum/index.php?topic=723.0

Download: http://www.teambg.eu/memberpages/igi/mods/...stments(03).zip

EDIT:

There is a mod "Victor's Improvements Pack" version 1.9 for BG2 but there are some components(4 exacly) that work on EasyTutu.

Components on mod install order:

1. Victor's Improved Races component

2. Victor's Wizards Know Better (have more Lore) component

3. Faithful Rogue Kit

6. The Burning Man kit

Readme and Download link:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=1219

If anyone who's reading this

(a) has run into a lag when using SCS;

(b) finds that the lag goes away when SCS is uninstalled; and

© is DEFINITELY using SCS v4 (released early January this year)

then I'd very much like to know. (Reading through this thread, I can't find anyone who's confirmed that they're still getting the lag).

EDIT: Ignore this post!!! I just installed Sword Coast Stratagems, everything involved, and had no problems whatsoever, as of January 31, 2007.

I'll confirm that.

a. Causes lag when all components is installed.

b. Lags go away when SCS is uninstalled.

c. It is SCS version 4.

My system specs:

Windows XP Home Edition

Pentium 4 2.53Ghz processor

512MB SDRAM

NVIDIA 128MB GeForce 4

@cmorgan:

From page 1 in this thread: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?a...f=13&t=9274

I didn't see Detectable Stats listed in your WeiDU log in the other thread - eSeries requires it, and the scripts might be "malfunctioning" due to it not being installed.

Is this included in a Mod from before or should it be put somewhere in the installation order for Tutu?

I didn't see Detectable Stats listed in your WeiDU log in the other thread - eSeries requires it, and the scripts might be "malfunctioning" due to it not being installed.
Is this included in a Mod from before or should it be put somewhere in the installation order for Tutu?
cirerrek seemed to imply it's already included in eSeries:
BP Detectable Stats is the updated version of Detectable Spells. Horred and King Diamond put it together. I eventually went ahead and incorporated it so the eSeries would be more BP compatible and to try and start BG2 modding on the road to a universal Detectable Stats/Spells/Effects pack rather than having umpteenmillion out there in the wild.
cirerrek seemed to imply it's already included in eSeries
From the current eSeries readme:
eSeries requires the installation of Detectable Spells. As the package doesn't seem to have a permanent information page, grab it directly off the IEGMC mirrors
So I'd say either this part of the readme is outdated, or DS is still required for eSeries.

and because no-one seems to have done it: from the eSeries v1.8 .tp2

// stats based on BP Detectable States v1.1. Only adding what we need.
APPEND ~stats.ids~ ~110 CLERIC_ARMOR_OF_FAITH~				  UNLESS ~110 CLERIC_ARMOR_OF_FAITH~
APPEND ~stats.ids~ ~116 WIZARD_SPELL_DEFLECTION~				UNLESS ~116 WIZARD_SPELL_DEFLECTION~

so, with eSeries v1.8 at least, BP Detect Stats is not needed; however, BP Detect Stats (or BP itself) can be installed first, in which case eSeries will not bother to add to STATS.IDS.

Archived