Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

Just happened to notice...

>>>7.4>>>Pending Secret of Bone Hill [iEGMC] (aka SoBH): currently being adjusted bugs and specifies Yacomo's Worldmap be installed afterwards. Although the latter claims Tutu-compatibility, it causes CTDs when starting or loading a game after installation. Worldmap also notes incompatibility with BG2 Tweak Pack (was mainly developed for BGT-BP). Open question out to forum on full compatibility. Info from Miloch 11/11/06 - The experts at SHS are working to resolve the SoBH/Worldmap/Tutu compatibility question (see link above) - stay tuned.]

Vis-a-vis Yacomo's worldmap and Tweaks, I don't believe this is an issue any more and the current Yacomo readme doesn't mention it. I think this is a legacy comment--back when the fixed worldmap was a component in G3 Tweaks, it would overwrite the existing SoA worldmap. Since Tweaks generally goes last, this used to fubar Yacomo's map and most BP(-[Aa-Zz0-9_]+)* installs. It's no longer available in Tweaks.

Two mods:

Xan's BG1 alternate soundset(XanBG2Voice.exe) works fine, when installed after BG1 NPC Project:

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...1&Itemid=91

Stone of Askavar - I installed it together with other quest mods(before "In Candelight" and "Slime Quest", though, but I do not think it matters, much). It worked, but I wasn't able to enjoy it, so I didn't test it fully.

Also, BG1 UB has one more component I wouldn't install together with BG1 NPC:

Angelo Notices Shar-teel

So there're five components that are logically incompatible:

Angelo Notices Shar-Teel

Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest

Coran and the Wyverns

Kivan and Tazok

Branwen and Tranzig

Yeah, it would need some major work for full compatibility. Ascension64 and I did a preliminary assessment of it and the BGT version a while back. Red Carnelian at CoM was looking at starting a conversion but I'm not sure what the progress is or if there's any (and I've asked :p).

OK, latest test, using a basic following of the install order (EasyTutu latest version, Degreenifyer, then much of the laundry list). Only a few glitches.

#1 - iiItem gave all my in-game creatures potions, which made killing the rats in Candlekeep very lucrative.

#2 - Obvious stutter on a P4 1.7 with 3D accel (never had this before) on the first Non-Candlekeep screen. Removed eSeries, and it improved very slightly (perhaps the game was detecting those butterflies and making sure they weren't attacking, or somethin), but I am not used to this - it never happened there with eSeries before. This is without SCS. I suspect a problem install, so I am reformatting and starting over.

#3 note to BG1 NPC Project Music folks - it sounds silly, but we need to push that users need to turn off the regular Music slider, or they get both the BG1 NPC music and the soundtrack - very avante garde stuff, musically :)

#4 No problems with IDS or 2da entries etc. after full install.

Going back for a second test install (since Macready has a new Hotfix out).

berelinde, Miloch, Goilym, you all run with even more things than I would ever put on my install - any further commentary on slowdowns/stutter? I have the old advice from PPG that I have passed on for the problem areas (turn off ambient sounds, reformat hard drive, etc)

Going back for a second test install (since Macready has a new Hotfix out).
I asked about the hotfix. It appears to have only a couple minor things that wouldn't impact your game much, but who knows... maybe it has additional undocumented stuff.
berelinde, Miloch, Goilym, you all run with even more things than I would ever put on my install - any further commentary on slowdowns/stutter? I have the old advice from PPG that I have passed on for the problem areas (turn off ambient sounds, reformat hard drive, etc)
Hmm... want to post your WeiDU.log? :) Offhand, I can't think of anything if it's not SCS Smarter Mages or eSeries or another scripting mod (gMinion, sgSeries, etc.). I do hit some stutter on my slow computer in places like Nashkel with the soldiers, but sometimes just a reload will solve that. And your computer should be more than fast enough, especially for a low-profile area like Lion's Way. The 3D Acceleration can be glitchy though.

Turning off character movement sounds takes a big chunk out of your lag.

No doubt 57 people are going to tell me that I'm full of it for this one, but I've found I can shave off a little bit of lag by either choosing "always" for NPC selection sounds or "never". I don't want the machine to have to think about whether an NPC will make a noise if I click on him. It's either on or off.

OK, latest test, using a basic following of the install order (EasyTutu latest version, Degreenifyer, then much of the laundry list). Only a few glitches.

#1 - iiItem gave all my in-game creatures potions, which made killing the rats in Candlekeep very lucrative.

I think that is how it is supposed to work. From the readme, "The iiItem mod adds several dozen new items to the game, concentrating on lesser known item types. [...] Items are scattered throughout the game world; being added to creature inventories and stores."

When I had it installed, I found that I could sell the million (or so) new potions dropped from all manner of enemies and make quite a lot of money. Some of the items are very inventive and interesting but I have a suspicion that the mod was balanced for BG2, what with people up and down the Sword Coast carrying 'Potion of Protection from Timestop' and items like 'Bracers of Defence AC1' being sold in shops.

I wouldn't recommend installing this mod if someone wanted to play a balanced game unless they could resist the temptation to sell all the free drops. Even then, a few of the new items might be too overpowered.

Archived