Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

Hmm. I read it as just a general compatibility question about other mods on the list. Prolly should have checked to see if it actually was on the list, first.

But that goes back to the catch-all answer: needs evaluation or examination to know for certain what is or is not compatible with it, and if there are any conflicts, what considerations are needed for a workaround.

I thought we covered this but maybe it never made it onto the list. I seem to recall a discussion about compatibility issues between this mod, the Drizzt saga and BG1 NPC, because they all use the same CRE. Perhaps not so much incompatibility, but "whatever gets installed last wins" in the case of conflicting changes. Not that that means any of them are incompatible with Tutu itself, but the list should (and does in most cases) address mod cross-compatibility. So, as suggested, there is further testing and investigation required to fully answer this.

I'm not even sure where we'd file this. NPC mod? It isn't a quest, it isn't a tweaks mod, it certainly isn't an item or store mod. It does change an NPC, albeit a non-joinable one. So maybe that's where it should go?

I'm not even sure where we'd file this. NPC mod? It isn't a quest, it isn't a tweaks mod, it certainly isn't an item or store mod. It does change an NPC, albeit a non-joinable one. So maybe that's where it should go?

I'd call it a quest mod because of the (potential) encounter it adds.

*snicker* The sections are really for where it makes sense as far as installation order. And right now, we don't have a whole lot of data on that, until someone (volunteers, anyone?) installs it, preferably with other mods (e.g. BG1NPC and Drizzt Saga) and reports any suggestions.

Hello -

I'll go on record as saying I am fairly shocked that Drizzt Is Not Stupid actually provoked this much conversation.

FWIW, it does everything via fairly minimalist patching, so the odds of total compatibility are very high (short of conceptual incompatibility, about which I lack sufficient information to make a comment).

Archived