Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

This is just to say that I have tried to install Secret of Bone Hill on EasyTutu. The result: the game crashes while loading the new area the wizard teleports you to (reproducible). I don't know if this is a cross-mod conflict or a conflict with EasyTutu, since I haven't tried SoBH without any other mods. I have not installed any mod not in the compatibility list and no other "yellow" mod except Arcane/Divine Pack. If someone is testing SoBH on EasyTutu, this crash might be of interest.

Thank you! I don't know if SirBillyBob is working on this anymore, as he is ivolved deeply in Classic Adventures, but I will try to flag him down. For now, SoBH should be "yellow until proven green".

Let's risk it and say that Xan's friendship for Tutu works. It really doesnn't care when it's installed, but just around BG2 soundset looks nice(it's XanBG1Friend and XanBG2Voice in my directory, very Xan-ish).

fixing...

note to self - investigate soundset resources for PCs listed, and add to compat list for PCs, too - forgot about these. I will have to try my hand at playing the opposite sex with a F/M with either the Stoplight Red or the Driel soundset - it could be the most interesting audio-rp I could think of...

For commentary, questions, discussion, additions, feedback, etc., please go to

this post.

Ok, so here I am... Now...

If I understand you all correctly, I basically install BGI, TotSC, BGII, ToB, the official patch from Bioware and EasyTutu. From there I can upgrade BGI/TotSC as I see fit, installing mods in the EasyTutu directory. Same thing for BGII/ToB, except that I have to install the mods in the BGII directory. So if I want to use, for example, Song & Silence or gMinion for both games, I need to install them twice: once in the EasyTutu directory for BGI/TotSC and once in the BGII directory for BGII/ToB.

Is that right, or am I still confused?

Also, can I consider the Tutu Mod Compatibility and Order of Install, Summarized State of the Modding Union on Tutu thread an install order? If not, is there one out there for Tutu (and please don't send me to Spellhold Studios, I'm not interested with BGT or with a Mega-Mod)? When should I install BG2 Tweak?

And also, are we to expect a BGI/TotSC Fixpack?

And and and... wait... that's pretty much it. ;)

Yes, you should install Song and Silence(or any other mod) in both directories, yes, this thread is a good guideline to your install order(install BG2 Tweaks last, as it says).

As for BG1 Fixpack, well, yeah, you could expect it, but in the same way one expects it if somebody said "I am going to do a Haer'Dalis romance/release an NPC mod/add new strongholds" - unless you know a person and you are sure they will release it, don't get your hopes up.

By the way, since NPC Kitpack is now Tutu-compatible, it probably yearns for a place in the list, too.

Updates to this, folks? I am tracking down some stuff for an update this weekend - please look over this and see what we have missed for the Tutu platform.

Edit - blast - can't set up a table! OK, will get the thing laid out a little bit better.

Is there any way I can help with anything at all? I have absolutely no modding experience, but I am at least completely familiar with the EndUser *content* of the games.

I could do a fresh install and start testing certain mod combinations for compatibility. Since I don't know much about programming for IE, all I could really do is report the symptoms email you the WeiDu log.

Maybe you can make a dedicated "Mod testers needed: a complete list" thread where those who know can post current problem areas everyone can help to test. I just want to feel helpful, since this mod community has been so good to me for 7 yrs.

Archived