Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

First off I would like to thank you all for putting this list together. ;)

This is my first attempt at heavily modifying the BG series using mods.

Normally I don't agree with the Sensible weapon restrictions for Ashes of Embers. However I am trying to roleplay Gandalf. This means giving him a longsword. From what I have read on the internet. These are the components that need to be installed for EasyTutu

Sensible weapon restrictions for MODS - Yes

Sensible weapon restrictions for BG1Tutu - Yes

Sensible weapon restrictions for SoA (non-mod weapons) - No

Sensible weapon restrictions for ToB (non-mod weapons) - No

Am I correct?

Is BG1 NPC the same thing as BG1 NPC Project ?

On another forum I was told that the Minsc sidequest for BG1 Unfinished Business is bugged. Is this true or has it been corrected?

On another forum I was told that the Minsc sidequest for BG1 Unfinished Business is bugged. Is this true or has it been corrected?

The bug is very minor but a nuisance, just run away as fast as you can. A fix has been issued, but you have to look through the threads to find the fix to d/l. I'm not sure if the fix has made it into the current version of UB.

John

Normally I don't agree with the Sensible weapon restrictions for Ashes of Embers. However I am trying to roleplay Gandalf. This means giving him a longsword. From what I have read on the internet. These are the components that need to be installed for EasyTutu

Sensible weapon restrictions for MODS - Yes

Sensible weapon restrictions for BG1Tutu - Yes

Sensible weapon restrictions for SoA (non-mod weapons) - No

Sensible weapon restrictions for ToB (non-mod weapons) - No

Am I correct?

I think so. It's been a while since I've used the AoE rules, since Level 1 NPCs now does something similar yet less broad. And in that, I don't think it lets mages use swords, so maybe AoE is your best bet.
I believe this is in BG2 UB.
I assume that I would install Level 1 NPC in the same order as AoE in cmorgan's guide.
This is from its readme:
Although you can install the mod anywhere in a mod list, you should place it near the end of your mod list. If you want to assign an NPC a customized kit, be sure to install Level 1 NPCs after the custom kit mod. If you want to use Ashes of Embers or another mod that changes the weapon proficiency rules, then that should also go earlier so this mod will follow the changed ruleset.

If you'd like to install the BG1-style proficiencies component of BG2 Tweaks, you should install that component after Level 1 NPCs.

I don't think we've added this to the official list yet because we're still awaiting the official v1, which should arrive shortly.

Thank You one and all for all of your help. ;)

I was looking through the tp2 for BG1UBv4b4Tutu and cmorgan's excellent guide.

Is Minor Dialogue Restorations (tp2 for BG1UBv4b4Tutu) the same thing as Corrected Minor Dialogues (cmorgan's guide)?

Also does anyone have the Readme for Minsc's sidequest? The link from UB for BG2 readme is a 404.

Minsc's BG2 UB quest has nothing to do with Tutu. I know you want a UB readme that deals with the Kidnapping of Boo, and I'll see if I can put something coherent together to help you make that quest play out as intended... tomorrow. It involves some modification to some of the mod files, and I don't want to attempt a technical explanation when it's after 8 PM and my brain is oozing out my ears from too much modding. Neither of us would get where we want to be that way.

Same for WizWorm - haven't heard from WW for awhile, but I bet if it isn't compatible he can make it so very quickly (if he is interested). I believ he is still in content development.

Sorry, was in the middle of craziness.

Jonathan NPC is now hosted on godaddy:

http://www.wizwom.is-a-geek.net/BGMods

this should keep it on-line for a couple years without interruption.

Version is n ow 0.2.1; Portrait by Kiwi Rose and a much improved AI script.

May I disturb?

I'm planning to install EasyTutu (for the first time) as soon as I can, and this guide is helping me a lot in organizing what I need.

There's just one thing I don't understand:

3 - Tutu Pre-Mod Adjustments

3.1 TutuFix (continued from 2 A.5 if you are using Tutu v4; TutuFix detects EasyTutu and will skip the Core Fixes component as they are already included in EasyTutu.)

[PPG]

I need to install this component even with EasyTutu, or should I skip it?

Thanks.

TutuFix is optional for EasyTutu. The "fix" components are already incorporated in EasyTutu, so the remainder are tweaks, to install at your choice (if you want BG2 ammo stacks or hooded avatars, for example).

Also, you might want to try the latest EasyTutu beta, which seems pretty stable.

And, more updates for the list:

• BG1 Mini-Quests and Encounters should replace Slime Quest
  • Coran's Friendship should go in the NPC section (or after BG1NPC)
  • Level 1 NPCs should go right before BG2 Tweaks
  • Moinesse's Avatars should go before One Pixel Productions (switch the order)
  • Blonde Imoen is not Tutu-compatible without some manual hackery.
  • Mix-Mod's Disable Startup Movies should work if you install it on both Tutu and BG2 (or use this version).

I guess it's been a while since the last full update. There may be more new mods - these are just off the top of my head. In particular, any BG2 kit mods should work with Tutu in theory (e.g. Geomantic Sorcerer)

I'm wondering if Finch should go after Indira and Mur'Neth. The Finch readme says:

Q: What about Mur'Neth and Indira? Will Finch banter with them?

A: If they are installed, yes, because they are very cool original NPCs.

That suggests to me that Finch should go after those two NPC mods. Of course, it's quite possible that Bons made it so that installation order doesn't matter.

Regarding the voice acting in these three NPC mods, can anyone tell me if the volume of the voice files is the same as that of the Bioware NPCs? A major issue I had with that Sally-thingy mod (you know, the one where you get to romance a little girl) was that her voice sounded twice as loud as everyone elses.

Archived