Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

What about some of SimDing0's tweak pack from PPG? Such as Enhanced Goodberries and sensible Lore table?

Those two work just fine with Tutu, use them all the time myself.

Another tweak that is Tutu-compatible is the Shapeshifting fix from Refinements - still a bit over-powered, but less so than the one from EoU / BG2Tweaks.

Yeah, I'd put them in the Global Tweaks section, prior to the BG2 Tweak Pack. (Not sure about position relative to MixMod as I haven't used it)

D0Tweaks linky

Refinements linky

Also, don't forget to update the 'last update' date at the head of the list. :)

edit: I *think* the Sword Angel kit from Refinements is also Tutu-compatible, but I've only tested walking around with one in Candlekeep so it's tentative (and until there's a Tutu version of Virtue the SA experience would be lacking IMHO).

even more edit: NPC / Spawns trigger traps (D0Tweaks) work fine with Tutu as I recall, though it makes certain areas rather too easy. :)

Post updated -- thanks, Shaitan and Gorilym!

Miloch, great work on the boards canvassing and pushing for fixes. With some pushing, it looks like we can test out that worldmap and materials soon.

Anyone who has recommendations or install order experiences that can contriblute, please let us know of other mods that work well, and those that only work partially. If we know what doesn't work and we know what people want, then it is easier to get folks to make things compatible (note to self: follow Miloch's info and spellcheck for "compatible" this weekend if there is time :))

I'd like to add the comment that Tutu seems to be no less susceptible to changes in installation order and uninstalling/reinstalling mods than BG2 was, so if if you believe you might be changing minor conditions of a mod, it might make sense to put it toward the end of the installation.

Edited my post above rather than add another extensive post on the same subject. Downgraded and upgraded various components as indicated upon further testing.

@ cmorgan: I suppose this means more editing for you to the initial post (sorry :)) but I've tried to make the info clear - let me know if anything needs further clarifying. Also, I PMed you on this but you may have missed it in the storm of messages :D but there are components currently listed under Tutufix that I believe are actually subcomponents of BG2 Tweaks (Montaron and Khalid classing) so should probably be moved in the list (feel free to delete this reference after verification ;)).

More to report later, mainly on new kits I've been asked to test. :)

EDIT: cmorgan, November 11 hey Miloch, awesome work - don't apologise for working to make sure Tutu players have more info and options! I have no PMs, so something is going wrong - you can always use svowles at comcast dot net if you want ;)

Vedran's Lost Items doesn't cause any major game-breaking issues, but it does break a lot of things because:

1) the entire mod is based on overwriting files

2) the 'overwritees' (files that overwrite) are based on a fairly old version of BG1Tutu

I recently wrote a complete revision of the mod so that the entire mod patches instead of overwrites. Whether this gets released will depend on whether people want it out there, since Aramis and Vedran are stuck in the Planes of Oblivion with no address - no permission could be given because they could not be contacted, and the mod fell into mostly antiquity until MajorTomSawyer wanted to re-host it on his private server. So if the revision makes public, then it ends up being fully compatible. If not, you can remark about overwriting CRE files (breaks some Tutufix changes like Walking Speeds) and ARE files that revert their versions back to the old Tutu v4 or younger.

Archived