Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

Hello I have been lurking for quite some time. I have been trying have a really big install of easy tutu, probably installing some stuff I should not. Anyway, it looks like from reading and from numerous installs :) that I should not install secret of bone hill and then have to install the new world map because the new world map is not compatable with easy tutu.

thanks in advance

I should not install secret of bone hill and then have to install the new world map because the new world map is not compatable with easy tutu.
That is correct, as far as I know. Though really, they should make either the Worldmap or Bone Hill compatible with EasyTutu. From what I recall, it's mainly because it depends on the BG2 Fixpack, which can be installed on Tutu v4 but not EasyTutu. Then again, the EasyTutu beta incorporates Fixpack material, so maybe it'll work now... feel free to test it yourself or ask in the Worldmap forum (if you get a response there - I didn't).
Guest Guest_Headbanger_*

I was just wondering if the mod hctutuaddonv1 has been depreciated? I can not tell if it does anything the other sound mods do in your listing.

Thank you,

Hey, I remember this one, and have used it many times - including the Ice Island level 2 restoration, which I think is now in UB for Tutu (and BGT).

I will take a look. I am pretty sure all of the basics of that mod have migrated to other places, but I'll investigate.

EDIT:

Well, three components. The music I think is depreciated by EasyTutu, as EasyTutu uses BG1 music; Harden Coonor patched the area files with the BG sound references, and gives you a new 2da and songlist but he replaces the music2da

/*Song-numbers*/
/**************/
/*Battle Songs*/
/**************/
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~fw..[0-9].*are~ ~override~
READ_LONG "0xbc" "offsso"
READ_BYTE ("%offsso%" + 0x0c) "bsong01"
WRITE_BYTE ("%offsso%" + 0x0c) "0x54"
WRITE_BYTE ("%offsso%" + 0x0d) "0x00"
WRITE_SHORT ("%offsso%" + 0x0e) "0"
IF_EVAL ("%bsong01%" = "0x13" OR "%bsong01%" = "0x14")

This is still very useful for Tutu v4 installs, but not necesssary fro EasyTutu (I will doublecheck with EasyTutu docs and Macready later).

The Worldmap is also depreciated by EasyTutu; but ceratinly it would be great for Tutu v4. I remember using this.

The Ice Island restoration we would want to check with UB on. I am pretty sure that the second level of Ice Island was given to Unfinished Business by Harden Coonor (Icelus, you might remember more). Will have to go thread diving and and see what comes up. I definitely remember installing this on both Tutu v4 and the very first version of EasyTutu, but i don't remember completing the Ice Island Quest. I think I got into modding at that point, and stopped the whole Ulgoth's Beard thing unless testing.

Darn. Now I have an itch to go actually play.

Needs recheck to see if all of its content has been absorbed into other mods, especially the Second Level of Ice Island Restoration.
The Cooner add-on is deprecated by BG1UB, one of the music mods and maybe something else. I tested this a while back and had a discussion about it with Ascension64 and maybe jastey... don't know what happened to my notes, but I do know I didn't include it on this list for that reason.
Special considerations within this category:

If you are installing both of these, place Moinesse's Avatars before One Pixel Productions

Why not actually list them in that order then? :)

Anything at http://loriel.quixjote.com/ (like the Mac Tutu Fixpack) seems to be down - dunno if there are any alternatives.

Yeah, I went through HardenCoonor's Tutu addon and pretty much everything (bar the portraits, I believe?) has been superceded in both Tutu and BGT.
There are no portraits. There is an undocumented component that adds a "start via tutorial button" that consists of about 4 lines of code and an overwrite of startare.2da and startpos.2da. If it's even necessary or wanted, someone should just rewrite it so it patches and add it to UB or something.

Archived