Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

Good suggestion, but actually we *want* the player to visit the actual sites; that is why we have included a link to the appropriate forums next to each entry and update those links. As we go along, we could add the version numbers for tested mods, but I would hope that the list is always followed by folks going to the source and updating, if only to give feedback to the mod author so they know their work is actually being used.

[Not directly related to your suggestion, Alboy, but just a general note about philosophy follows here: ]

My personal feeling is that it is very, very important for folks to actually read the ReadMe files (even if they are out of date), and even more important to look at the originating site and forum for current status. Modders work pretty hard to make these things work, and the least folks can do is take a look at the originating host site and read a little about the mod. Most of all, there are darned fine folks volunteering lots of time on all of the major IE sites - the community is strengthened by cross-pollination, even between platforms.

From a practical perspective, this is a list of "possible" mods, some of which do similar or the same things, listed as compatable with Tutu. Most even could (and have been tested to) be installed all at once. For the casual player, it is important to note that it is not a content-reviewed list, or opinion of what *should* be installed, just a list of what *can* be installed. Please note that if you actually install all of the above, some of the content overwrites other parts; you need to determine what each component does and install it independently. (I like Azazello's mass install lists on SHS; his personal take on BGT installs. Perhas in another thread we should try out the same thing here; personalized install list by mod, component #, and description. By its nature it is a review, though, so I don't want to do that here ;) ).

Miloch, I'm having troubles finding a variant of BBCode that allows me to set up tables here. I am still investigating.
Well if all else fails, we could use a fixed width font and ASCII code for the table. Bleh, though... editing nightmare.

Why not do an actual webpage for the compatibility list and just use this thread for discussion? That makes more sense, the more I think about it. I can help out with that if it's a viable option. And if G3 doesn't want to host it, I could host it on my server. ;)

Why not do an actual webpage for the compatibility list and just use this thread for discussion?

I've been thinking the same thing. Proper tables would make the list easier to use, but since most / all forum software doesn't really cater for proper tables, a format change seems to be the logical move.

The sgSeries script link still points to the ysSeries, which is BG/ToTSC only. I'd prefer it if it could be changed to the primary hosting site (SHS) as I only post there and someone else (TheWizard? - I've forgotten) then copies them across to IEGMC.

Updated!

Why not do an actual webpage for the compatibility list and just use this thread for discussion?

Hmmm - ok, but it is much easier for me to update the post at the top of this thread then to update a static html page hosted somewhere else: if you guys want to grab the materials and keep them updated, I have absolutely no problem with that ;) . I can keep updating here, but the master list would just be linked off to you guy's version in easily readable, printable guidesheet/checklist format for folks following through an install (kind of like the quest checkoff at Dudleyville, only cooler).

In the meantime, I will keep looking for a way to create tables here.

I'd prefer it if it could be changed to the primary hosting site (SHS) as I only post there...
@cmorgan - in the spirit of your comments above about visiting the hosting site to check the latest version, you might just want to link people to:

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showforum=281

From there, they can view the readme, the download links and get the latest news (your current link has 3 links in one :D).

Re: using a webpage - is hosting it here even an option (as for example, the webpages for BG1 NPC) or does Cam have full control over that? If so, it would be a pain to ask him to update all the time (though the updates are getting more rare the more complete and accurate we get this list). I don't mind working up something, keeping it updated and hosting it (besides, you have quite a bit of work with BG1NPC from the sound of it ;)) though let me know if you find an option for forum tables.

Good idea - and good catch! Editing the post now to have the general link.

Yep, I would like to save Cam the hassle of a new additional thing to update, plus it is kind of new territory. Traditionally these types of lists (because they change as mods are updated and changed) have been forum posts so that (I assume ;) ) you can build on past info and update relatively easily.

Any chance there is one for BG2: ToB?
See Gorilym's response above. It'd be nice but there are way more mods for BG2. However, a lot of the mods on this list are in fact BG2 compatible also. In the next revision, we might indicate which ones those are.

If you want to see what other people recommend, check this thread on PPG.

And does the BG2 fixpack fix the walking speeds in BGTutu?
The BG2 Fixpack does not work on Tutu - it is for BG2 only. You're probably thinking of Tutufix. You can install the Walking Speeds component of it if you wish, but it may cause erratic behaviour in some cases.

An easy way to adjust your game speed is to open up baldur.ini in your Tutu folder and modify the line "Maximum Frame Rate=30" e.g. to 20 or 40 - higher being faster. Though this will speed up or slow down everything, not just walking speeds.

Fixpack does not work on Tutu - it is for BG2 only. You're probably thinking of Tutufix. You can install the Walking Speeds component of it if you wish, but it may cause erratic behaviour in some cases.

Oh, what I meant was tweakpack.

Archived